How long could powdered steroids last?

tankasnowgod

If I had some progesterone sealed up, how long would it last for? A few years? A decade?
Possibly forever. But, they don't test that long.

It's probably going to degrade in quality after a year or two, but even then, still might be 97 or 95% or so. Even if it's only 80 or 70% effective after 10 years, it could still be useful, depending on your situation. This might be one where you have to use your best judgment.

Personally, I have used drugs a year or two past their expiration date, and have still found them to be effective. Don't know the exact percentage, and I'm sure it depends on a number of factors, but they are likely useful long past the official expiration date.

AdoTintor

What causes degeneration of progesterone/pregnenolone/dht/t ?

Would the air in the packet be a big factor or does it just spontaneously degrade in a vaccum?

Maybe I want to vaccum wrap the powder? - but I assume it would suck out the powder in the process,

If I put the powder in a bottle and then vaccum wrap the bottle in a bag, using a regular food-storage vaccum system, would that sort of work?

If the bottle top is loose it might even remove air from it without snorting the powder up.

AdoTintor

ok - tempted to vaccum wrap and then freeze it. Separated into small amounts so dont have to open the whole lot each time. And labelled obliquely - dont want my mum rummaging around wondering whats what and asking if I'm really "ok", is there anything you want to talk about...

Rick K

Possibly forever. But, they don't test that long.

It's probably going to degrade in quality after a year or two, but even then, still might be 97 or 95% or so. Even if it's only 80 or 70% effective after 10 years, it could still be useful, depending on your situation. This might be one where you have to use your best judgment.

Personally, I have used drugs a year or two past their expiration date, and have still found them to be effective. Don't know the exact percentage, and I'm sure it depends on a number of factors, but they are likely useful long past the official expiration date.
The only reasons for a drug or supplement to degrade are heat and exposure to UV. This was proven in a military study a number of years ago when drugs were brought up from bomb shelters that were placed there in the '50's. As they were sealed from light and heat they were found to be just as effective as new products.

OP
G

Gone Peating

The only reasons for a drug or supplement to degrade are heat and exposure to UV. This was proven in a military study a number of years ago when drugs were brought up from bomb shelters that were placed there in the '50's. As they were sealed from light and heat they were found to be just as effective as new products.
Good to know thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals