How do I increase my progesterone levels? (Male with undetected levels?

Irish7777

Hi,

I am a male with undetected progesterone levels from recent blood test.
I also have PFS and have adrenal insufficiency using 24hr saliva test.
Low cortisol at am, noon and evening but in range at night.

Would pregnenolone supplement work to increase my progesterone levels and what dosage would I need?

Or should I treat my adrenals with hydrocortisone and hope the healthier environment in my adrenal glands increases my progesterone levels?

Last edited:

milk_lover

Sugar can increase cholesterol. Thyroid with vitamin A can convert cholesterol to pregnenolone and the downstream hormones. Vitamin E and vitamin D have progesterone-like activities in the body by opposing estrogen. If you take pregnenolone, it will mostly convert to progesterone. Or you can take small amounts of progesterone, something like 10 mg a day. Just be careful about the numbing effect it has on your thing downstairs. Last year, I took 3x50 mg pregnenolone daily for a month and my progesterone was substantially above the upper limit, while my testosterone increased just a little.

OP
I

Irish7777

Sugar can increase cholesterol. Thyroid with vitamin A can convert cholesterol to pregnenolone and the downstream hormones. Vitamin E and vitamin D have progesterone-like activities in the body by opposing estrogen. If you take pregnenolone, it will mostly convert to progesterone. Or you can take small amounts of progesterone, something like 10 mg a day. Just be careful about the numbing effect it has on your thing downstairs. Last year, I took 3x50 mg pregnenolone daily for a month and my progesterone was substantially above the upper limit, while my testosterone increased just a little.
Thank You for the reply

If I was to take pregnenolone daily, would even low dose of 5mg convert to progesterone?

I would like to start off at a low dose of whatever I take as my body is now very sensitive to supplements due to PFS

JCub369

I also have very low levels of progesterone (0.096 ng/ml) aswell as high estrogen ( 30 ng/ml ).

I believe there is an ideal ratio recommended for progesterone to estrogen according to Peat but I am unsure as to what it is. ( I believe 1:10 female , unsure for male )

Does anyone know:
1) What causes such low progesterone ,
2) What is the ideal ratio of progesterone to estrogen in male ,
3) What is the ideal amount of progesterone in males and how many mg of a supplement like progestene should get you there?

Last edited:

milk_lover

Thank You for the reply

If I was to take pregnenolone daily, would even low dose of 5mg convert to progesterone?

I would like to start off at a low dose of whatever I take as my body is now very sensitive to supplements due to PFS
I think so. It might be better for your body to start slowly and start assessing. Low dose would reduce cortisol and estrogen but not by very much, which is a good thing because reducing estrogen and cortisol too much could increase metabolism and energy requirements, and produce hypoglycemia.

Sila

I would recommend starting with topical magnesium, zinc + selenium,
and focusing on optimising liver function - coffee enemas, lactoferrin, soluble fiber + charcoal, high protein, taurine, and then try out preg/progesterone.

I have used progest-E (orally) and progesterone creams (topically) and seen benefits in the short-term, former for mental and libido (low dose 3mg), latter for skin/hair.
But with impaired liver function - don't think the liver can handle clearing out estrogen and other water/fat solubles effectively.

OP
I

Irish7777

Hey @haidut could you give me some advice please. I have undetectable progesterone levels in my blood test and also have PFS, as far as I am aware pregnenolone will reduce cortisol and that is not good for me as I have low 24hr saliva result.

I am thinking of using low dose progesterone but over on propeciahelp some say progesterone is a dht inhibitor, do you know if it is? And if it is how would you increase progesterone if you were me?

PopSocket

Have you taken steroids in the past ? I would agree wit @milk_lover with vit E (Tocovit is best imo) and D (sunshine is best). One can add B complex, k2 mk4, taurine and some magnesium. I would not take external hormones to fix this though. I had the same issue with no detectable progesterone and it got fixed with proper diet and the above supplements.

OP
I

Irish7777

Have you taken steroids in the past ? I would agree wit @milk_lover with vit E (Tocovit is best imo) and D (sunshine is best). One can add B complex, k2 mk4, taurine and some magnesium. I would not take external hormones to fix this though. I had the same issue with no detectable progesterone and it got fixed with proper diet and the above supplements.
Hi, I have never taken steroids.

Should I take vitamin E daily?

And will Taurine and K2 mk4 increase progesterone?

When you say proper diet, do you mean like an anti estrogenic diet?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals