How do I get calories if I am eliminating everything except meat and fruits?

dervmai

progress
Currently I am just eating meat and fruits. I try to keep consumption of meat under 16 ozs a day. I am eating a lot of fruits right now in hopes to heal the liver and gut, by eating mostly fruits, I hope to achieve this. I eliminated milk as well because it would make me gassy and bloated which I assume is it being bad for my digestion currently....

I'm eating a lot in terms of amount but I can't get the calories in.... What do I do??

LucH

'm eating a lot in terms of amount but I can't get the calories in.... What do I do??
A shake with greens, fruits, fats (macadamia, cashew, coco, hemp), cooked meat or collagen, and useful nutrients like Mg or PCa, + some Vit B complex.

Did you have raw milk? You could try to find some if not.

Try eating liver. And you can also drink egg yolks with orange juice to get more calories.

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
Did you have raw milk? You could try to find some if not.

Try eating liver. And you can also drink egg yolks with orange juice to get more calories.
Nope, can't afford it nor can I can it anywhere near me. I am struggling with what I think are histamine issues, so I think eggs for now are off the table.

Can only eat- fruits, meat, carrots, mushrooms, fat via coconut oil, ghee or tallow.....

What do I do if these are the only things I can eat?

cremes

What do I do if these are the only things I can eat?
If those are truly the only things you can eat and you need more calories then eat more of them.

You could also try lactose-free milk. That may eliminate the bloat and gas.

Can you eat rice or potato?

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
If those are truly the only things you can eat and you need more calories then eat more of them.

You could also try lactose-free milk. That may eliminate the bloat and gas.

Can you eat rice or potato?
I have eliminated starches due to it possibly being gut irritating

Zpol

I did meat + fruit diet for several years. I basically ate several over ripe bananas every day and LOTS of soaked dates. Without these fruits I wouldn't have been able even one close to my calorie goals. Also, stewed fruit with sugar could help if you can't get bananas and dates.

Currently I am just eating meat and fruits. I try to keep consumption of meat under 16 ozs a day. I am eating a lot of fruits right now in hopes to heal the liver and gut, by eating mostly fruits, I hope to achieve this. I eliminated milk as well because it would make me gassy and bloated which I assume is it being bad for my digestion currently....

I'm eating a lot in terms of amount but I can't get the calories in.... What do I do??
Add in some sprouted grains. Ray Peat said they are very good and more of a vegetable than a grain when sprouted.

Jennifer

You mention milk making you gassy and bloated, but does cheese give you digestive troubles, too? If so, have you tried dairy from more than one species such as goat or sheep? I find the source matters greatly for some of us. The only cow dairy that doesn’t bloat me is raw certified A2, but I tolerate (unfortified) pasteurized goat’s milk and cheese well, the best out of any food, actually.

mosaic01

I agree, the only way to get enough calories with fruit and meat is to eat lots of ripe bananas (like 10 per day) and dates. Basically you need to drink fruit juice most of the time and eat ripe bananas and dates ad libidum.

I also like apple slices fried in coconut oil.

Last edited:

youngsinatra

Jasmine rice is very good for that purpose in my opinion. It‘s a low-volume, calorically-dense, low-allergenic food and easily digested. And tastes amazing with meat, salt n pepper and some fat.

Jayvee

Maple syrup, coconut water, pineapple juice, grape juice, up fat intake slightly, macadamia butter, goats cheese, persimmons. These are all things that are generally tolerated better in a poorer state of health.

One day, when all the nutritional dust has settled and you are safely ensconced in your elder years, you will, contrary to all (or at least most) contemporary bias and ignorance, come to discover that honey truly is a food of the gods - and that it is not 'simply another sugar'. Whether or not Peat was aware of this I do not know - but after 60 years of research and nearly 8 decades of trial & error in the world of nourishment, with dozens of volumes by physicians, healers, biochemists, health seekers, I came to understand the almost mystical gift that raw honey truly is--being comprised of nearly 90% enzymes in the human system. It has even been successfully employed in reversing diabetes, and, in Dr. DeForest Clinton Jarvis' 2 well-researched volumes on ancestral (folk) medicine, there were found virtually no beekeepers suffering from cancer.

Moral of sermon: add a few tablespoons of raw, unheated honey to your diet - either with meals (better digestion via enzymatic enhancement, or in your smoothies)

One day, when all the nutritional dust has settled and you are safely ensconced in your elder years, you will, contrary to all (or at least most) contemporary bias and ignorance, come to discover that honey truly is a food of the gods - and that it is not 'simply another sugar'. Whether or not Peat was aware of this I do not know - but after 60 years of research and nearly 8 decades of trial & error in the world of nourishment, with dozens of volumes by physicians, healers, biochemists, health seekers, I came to understand the almost mystical gift that raw honey truly is--being comprised of nearly 90% enzymes in the human system. It has even been successfully employed in reversing diabetes, and, in Dr. DeForest Clinton Jarvis' 2 well-researched volumes on ancestral (folk) medicine, there were found virtually no beekeepers suffering from cancer.

Moral of sermon: add a few tablespoons of raw, unheated honey to your diet - either with meals (better digestion via enzymatic enhancement, or in your smoothies)
++++1!!!

Sphagnum

A trick I’ve found that could apply here is to drink frozen juice concentrate with little, if any, water added. You get around 660-720 calories in just 12oz of juice. Make sure you rinse your mouth with baking soda after, as the juice is much more acidic when concentrated and you don’t want it sitting on your teeth.

Since you aren’t doing milk right now and meat and juice don’t have much calcium, I also find this juice trick as a suitable way to dissolve calcium carbonate. I use homemade powdered egg shell myself. I pour the semi thawed juice into a mug, and sprinkle some powdered egg shell over top then mix it in. I do the sprinkle and mix a few times, because if you pour all the powder at once then it will clump and not dissolve. Then I let it sit overnight and in the morning I stir in the froth from the bubbles back in. It doesn’t take a whole night to dissolve, though, so you can do it in less time if you want; that’s just when I choose to do it so that it’s ready at breakfast.
I find that orange juice works best for this, as the apple concentrate doesn’t seem to dissolve the powder as well (and I haven’t tried grape or anything else.) It’s also better than any of the “with calcium” orange juices as I’ve see all different types of calcium added to those, but never one I’d consider suitable.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals