How can I dissolve beads?

gunther

pebbles.jpg

I'm having a bear of a time quitting Effexor.

I've been tapering off of Effexor for about two-three years and I've been stuck on the smallest increment for about 12 months. (See pic - One little bead) Every time I stop taking them, I get this intense sense of terror. I'm not exaggerating at all. I get so scared that I am unable to function. If I resume taking it, I get better.

I would like to be able to taper in amounts smaller than "one bead." Does anybody know how to dissolve, crush or otherwise divide up the dose? I've been advised by others to dissolve it in water overnight, but when I do that it appears that it doesn't dissolve in water.

Would something slightly acidic or alkaline dissolve the coating? Should they be crushed?

I've read that the beads are enterac coated and contain the same amount of active ingredient per bead. The beads differ in the amount of coating, which effects the time it takes for them to dissolve. Hense the XR in the Effexor XR. The only other plan is to skip doses, but I've heard by others this can be a bit bumpy.

joaquin

View attachment 42604

I'm having a bear of a time quitting Effexor.

I've been tapering off of Effexor for about two-three years and I've been stuck on the smallest increment for about 12 months. (See pic - One little bead) Every time I stop taking them, I get this intense sense of terror. I'm not exaggerating at all. I get so scared that I am unable to function. If I resume taking it, I get better.

I would like to be able to taper in amounts smaller than "one bead." Does anybody know how to dissolve, crush or otherwise divide up the dose? I've been advised by others to dissolve it in water overnight, but when I do that it appears that it doesn't dissolve in water.

Would something slightly acidic or alkaline dissolve the coating? Should they be crushed?

I've read that the beads are enterac coated and contain the same amount of active ingredient per bead. The beads differ in the amount of coating, which effects the time it takes for them to dissolve. Hense the XR in the Effexor XR. The only other plan is to skip doses, but I've heard by others this can be a bit bumpy.
It took me ten years to get off of Cymbalta, which is also beads. I feel your pain.

OP
G

gunther

It took me ten years to get off of Cymbalta, which is also beads. I feel your pain.
At this point I don't really care how long it takes. Like I said I've been down to one little bead per day and if it takes another three years so be it. My main goal is to be able to function. Currently I go from feeling awesome to not feeling awesome with no distinguishable pattern.
Any words of advice?

joaquin

At this point I don't really care how long it takes. Like I said I've been down to one little bead per day and if it takes another three years so be it. My main goal is to be able to function. Currently I go from feeling awesome to not feeling awesome with no distinguishable pattern.
Any words of advice?
I can't give medical advice because it is against the law. But what I did was quit when I got down to four beads. I was also on the carnivore diet then and it helped me tremendously during that phase.

OP
G

gunther

I can't give medical advice because it is against the law. But what I did was quit when I got down to four beads. I was also on the carnivore diet then and it helped me tremendously during that phase.
Of course, I wouldn't even dream of asking for medical advice from a non-state licensed professional.

I can't seem to jump off. When I quit I get this sense of terror about a week after. Did you ever get the worry, horror or terror symptoms?

joaquin

Of course, I wouldn't even dream of asking for medical advice from a non-state licensed professional.

I can't seem to jump off. When I quit I get this sense of terror about a week after. Did you ever get the worry, horror or terror symptoms?
I got those symptoms and really there is no easy fix. Some things I did lessened the impact: Regular walking, getting plenty of sun, coffee, glycine, looking forward with anticipation to that day that I would no longer be on the drug...

joaquin

I got those symptoms and really there is no easy fix. Some things I did lessened the impact: Regular walking, getting plenty of sun, coffee, glycine, looking forward with anticipation to that day that I would no longer be on the drug...
I did some fasting too..

OP
G

gunther

The only thing that seems to help, I mean REALLY HELP is benadryl. I'll take a pill or two of that in broken up doses throughout the day (prn). I tried all kinds of crazy diets and now am on Peat.

I've not tried glycine.

OP
G

gunther

I did some digging.

Enteric coatings are made to be stable in acidic conditions and dissolve in basic conditions. Baking soda and water should have a ph of about 9, slightly basic.

So, I’m going to try to make my Effexor dissolve in baking soda and water. We’ll see!!!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals