I took pics of my tongue for months daily, what's going on?

rayban

View: https://imgur.com/a/wCXXwLn

Mainstream diagnose is "geographical tongue". What can I do to have a normal tongue? the shapes sometimes change daily. It happens on the border and left area where the texture is sort of cracked. I've tried a clorhexidine mouthwash and recently got a plaque removal by a profesional, it still wouldn't go to normal. In fact during clorhexidine the coating became even more white. Im also using a tongue scrapper avoiding the areas with the white sort of scar lines thing and bald area.

Im on Eutirox 75mcg and 200 UI d3 + 75mcg k2 mk7 supplement as my only supplements/meds. I have some bloodworks from 2019 because I haven't bothered to get new ones since I don't know what to do.

The white coating has been there for a long time but the marks started I think last summer. Any ideas? I have resources to get bloodworks and tests, I just don't know what to look for. The only thing i've seen is some people mentioning b12 improved. How to test for b12 accurately? for instance i've read b12 bloodwork in itself doesn't say much, I would need holoTC and homocistein. I may check that and get a stool sample for viruses, bacteria, parasites etc. Any other ideas welcome.

OP
R

rayban

i removed mine by using ioRinse mouthwash. Search my posts and you can see pics.
996c868e-1dfa-400e-8b2b-3b7f7eaebd04-jpeg.23767

Loks like regular coating. Did you have the lines growing and turning red sometimes?

I may try this anyway but why is iodine controversial with the peat followers? I think it was not advised.

dogtrainer

996c868e-1dfa-400e-8b2b-3b7f7eaebd04-jpeg.23767

Loks like regular coating. Did you have the lines growing and turning red sometimes?

I may try this anyway but why is iodine controversial with the peat followers? I think it was not advised.

I don't know what you mean by lines. I had splotches of pink in a sea of white usually. The white was able to be physically scraped away after one application of iorinse, whereas before no amount of scraping would remove it.

too much iodine can apparently be thyro-toxic, but this is with ingesting it. Topical usage should be safe. This mouthwash is used in dentistry so pretty safe IMO.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Could stomach acid be causing the marks on your tongue?

OP
R

rayban

Could stomach acid be causing the marks on your tongue?
Who knows. The stool sample I have in mind checks for pH so that may be helpful, and this one I will get too, tests for the following:

PANEL RT-PCR VIRUS
Norovirus G RNA DETECTION
RNA DETECTION OF Norovirus G
Rotavirus RNA DETECTION
Adenovirus DNA DETECTION
Astrovirus RNA DETECTION
Sapovirus DNA DETECTION
PANEL RT-PCR PARASITES
Giardia lamblia DNA DETECTION
Entamoeba histolytica DNA DETECTION
DNA DETECTION OF Cryptosporidium spp
DNA DETECTION OF Blastocystis hominis
Dientamoeba fragilis DNA DETECTION
Cyclospora cayetanensis DNA DETECTION
PARASITES IN FECES BY MICROSCOPY TECHNIQUE
PANEL RT-PCR BACTERIA
DNA DETECTION OF Salmonella spp
DNA DETECTION OF Campylobacter spp
DNA DETECTION OF Clostridium difficile Toxin B
DEShigella / Enteroinvasive Escherichia coli DNA DETECTION
Vibrio spp DNA DETECTION
Yersinia enterocolitica DNA DETECTION
DNA DETECTION OF Aeromonas spp
DNA DETECTION OF Enterohmorrhagic Escherichia coli
DNA DETECTION OF Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli
DETECTION OF Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli
DNA DETECTION OF Enteroaggregative Escherichia coli
DETECTION OF Hypervirulent Clostridium difficile DNA
Escherichia coli O157 DNA DETECTION

liam183

The patches are often caused by B12 deficiency or acid reflux. White coating is caused by post nasal drip, and/or sibo and/or candida overgrowth. That crack down the middle indicates that you have leaky gut. You're gonna need a full gut healing protocol. I'd recommend 1) heal gut lining (gelatin and collagen help a lot) 2) remove endotoxins (activated charcoal, raw carrots with coconut oil, well cooked white mushrooms) 3) increase stomach acid (I recommend digestive bitters, ginger, lemons/limes, salt, and gut garden HCl and enzymes capsules) 4) add in high quality fermented foods (ie natto, sauerkraut, kvass)

Edit: continue doing previous steps each time you move to the next step. Ie 1, 1+2, 1+2+3 etc. Tongue scraping and oil pulling will help reduce the coating in the meantime but won't help the root cause

OP
R

rayban

That crack down the middle indicates that you have leaky gut.
How can you tell that from just looking at a tongue without doing further testings? also what crack are you exactly talking about? Im going to buy kefir for fermented food because in my country we don't eat these other ones. And I tried different yogurts but I had an upset stomatch. Keffir is supposed to not have lactose so I will try that.
For the oil I prefer to use EVOO over coconut.

TheSir

How can you tell that from just looking at a tongue without doing further testings?
The tongue has reflexivity with the gut, with various different conditions of the gut producing specific signs on the tongue. He is talking about the depth of the line in the middle of the tongue, the one that is mostly hidden behind your upper front teeth in the pics.

OP
R

rayban

The tongue has reflexivity with the gut, with various different conditions of the gut producing specific signs on the tongue. He is talking about the depth of the line in the middle of the tongue, the one that is mostly hidden behind your upper front teeth in the pics.
I still don't know what you are talking about specifically. Can you post a picture?

Also, mainstream science can't find anything that points to the root cause of geographical tongue, so has anyone proven what causes it and a solution?

TheSir

I still don't know what you are talking about specifically. Can you post a picture?
1645402278356.png

Also, mainstream science can't find anything that points to the root cause of geographical tongue, so has anyone proven what causes it and a solution?
It all has to do with the gut in one way or another. By seeking good gut health your tongue will normalize. You don't necessarily need to know the exact root cause so far as the overall condition of your gut is improving (though the knowledge would no doubt be reassuring). When I increased my control pause with Buteyko, the appearance of my tongue normalized and my bowel movements became so smooth that often I did not even have to wipe.

OP
R

rayban

It all has to do with the gut in one way or another. By seeking good gut health your tongue will normalize. You don't necessarily need to know the exact root cause so far as the overall condition of your gut is improving (though the knowledge would no doubt be reassuring). When I increased my control pause with Buteyko, the appearance of my tongue normalized and my bowel movements became so smooth that often I did not even have to wipe.
But where did you read that indicates leaky gut?

liam183

Sorry, not sure if it was ayurvedic medicine, but I do remember reading it somewhere. This guide I linked seems pretty good too

OP
R

rayban

Aryuvedic medicine. Tongue crack is one of the primary signs of leaky gut.
That is pseudocience, what's the point. Show me studies with actual data linking having a line in the middle of your tongue to some specific leaky guy cause not an article that seems generic.

TheSir

That is pseudocience, what's the point. Show me studies with actual data linking having a line in the middle of your tongue to some specific leaky guy cause not an article that seems generic.
The political, institutionalized mainstream science is pseudoscience. You're not going to find much research supporting holistic understanding of disease because western medicine is not a holistic framework and does not seek to cure disease. If you want to understand what the signs on your tongue mean, how they relate to your health and how to fix their cause, you're going to have to look into holistic frameworks such as Ayurveda or TCM. Far from being pseudoscience, they are the result of millennia of empirical research. You are turned off merely because of the cultural-semantic differences in how their respective sciences are structured.

OP
R

rayban

The political, institutionalized mainstream science is pseudoscience. You're not going to find much research supporting holistic understanding of disease because western medicine is not a holistic framework and does not seek to cure disease. If you want to understand what the signs on your tongue mean, how they relate to your health and how to fix their cause, you're going to have to look into holistic frameworks such as Ayurveda or TCM. Far from being pseudoscience, they are the result of millennia of empirical research. You are turned off merely because of the cultural-semantic differences in how their respective sciences are structured.
So if there is a body of work worth millenia of empirical research, where can I see such studies? it sure has been properly documented. Example: X amount of individuals with a line in the middle of the tongue correlated with Y problem (like leaky gut, something more specific) an Z treatment improved it.

Im open minded but I need facts, data, something. There's a lot of hard working people in labs so claiming everyone that isn't labeled pseudocience doesn't want to improve anything wouldn't be fair.

TheSir

So if there is a body of work worth millenia of empirical research, where can I see such studies? it sure has been properly documented. Example: X amount of individuals with a line in the middle of the tongue correlated with Y problem (like leaky gut, something more specific) an Z treatment improved it.
The net and the books are full of information from these archaic frameworks. You were already linked to one article which seems to be sufficiently legitimate. Your insistence to think in terms of the westernized scientific model will only separate you from the larger world of knowledge. For what it's worth check the current thread about separating foods and liquids. My tongue lost its coating after I started doing it.

Im open minded but I need facts, data, something.
Note that this is an oxymoron. If you had the facts and the data, you would no longer need to be open-minded.

There's a lot of hard working people in labs so claiming everyone that isn't labeled pseudocience doesn't want to improve anything wouldn't be fair.
It doesn't matter what the hard working people in the labs want. What matters is what the bureaucrats of institutionalized medicine and its financiers and publishers want. This is all elementary knowledge in the Peatarian framework. Haidut for example has well demonstrated the broken state of modern
science:

Screenshot_6.jpg

OP
R

rayban

Note that this is an oxymoron. If you had the facts and the data, you would no longer need to be open-minded.
Its not. I need to see that a claim has been tested: that it has been replicated and measured and there is real cause-effect. "If you have a line in the middle of your tongue then X". This needs data to back it up, data as in studies with a as many samples as possible and all reasonable scientific measures to track such claim and so on. I've seen before maps like this:

5026179700000578-6166409-image-a-62_1536921908971.jpg

This is the same as palm reading if not backed up by studies. Im just asking for such studies.