I took pics of my tongue for months daily, what's going on?

TheSir

Its not. I need to see that a claim has been tested: that it has been replicated and measured and there is real cause-effect. "If you have a line in the middle of your tongue then X". This needs data to back it up, data as in studies with a as many samples as possible and all reasonable scientific measures to track such claim and so on.
Your attitude is understandable, yet does not fall within the definition of open-mindedness. Letting your behavior be dictated (and limited) by pre-existing scientific data is as close-minded as any behavior can get, considering how finite our cumulative scientific understanding of the world is.

Open-mindedness, on the other hand, would be to assume that the hypothesis is correct and use that as a basis for an experiment or two. In other words, open-mindedness is to actively apply the scientific method in your own life, rather than to depend on the fruits of the scientific method as applied by other people -- at which point we're no longer talking about science as much as cult behavior (cults are not really known for their open-mindedness, are they?)

OP
R

rayban

Your attitude is understandable, yet does not fall within the definition of open-mindedness. Letting your behavior be dictated (and limited) by pre-existing scientific data is as close-minded as any behavior can get, considering how finite our cumulative scientific understanding of the world is.

Open-mindedness, on the other hand, would be to assume that the hypothesis is correct and use that as a basis for an experiment or two. In other words, open-mindedness is to actively apply the scientific method in your own life, rather than to depend on the fruits of the scientific method as applied by other people -- at which point we're no longer talking about science as much as cult behavior (cults are not really known for their open-mindedness, are they?)

Well we are talking about experimenting with your own body. I would prefer that before I follow some stuff because someone said so somewhere, the stuff I do has been tested. Without testing these "tongue maps" are like palm reading.

Chinese_Medicine_Tongue.jpg

And im sure haidut which you quoted would agree. Im not saying "everything ever claimed by ayurvedic is a scam". All im saying is, these claims have to be tested, measured, repeated, replicable etc etc. Basically studied. Yes I can go and test things on myself, but if something "works", we can't know if it was natural healing, or some other change, or that this chinese/ayuverdic type of stuff had any real impact. To know that you have to get a good sample for a study and replicate it.

TheSir

Well we are talking about experimenting with your own body.
Which is what you will necessarily have to do in conceivable case, regardless of how well researched your approach is. There is no way to avoid experimentation when it comes to taking your health in your own hands.

but if something "works", we can't know if it was natural healing, or some other change, or that this chinese/ayuverdic type of stuff had any real impact. To know that you have to get a good sample for a study and replicate it.
Why care? Improvement is improvement. I think you should figure out whether you're trying to conduct science or to heal your gut. No matter what the underlying problem is, as peatarian you are nevertheless going to end up doing more or less the same things in order to improve the situation (pufa+starch avoidance, therapeutic aminos, carrot salad etc). This is why I argued that in the end it hardly even matters what the root of your problem is, it will still be solved.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals