Himalayan Black Salt

paper_clips43

Found some interesting info on this website for Himalayan Black Salt.
Apparently it is rich in sulfur which leads me to the real reason I am posting this.
This excerpt from the website mentions how animal foods are rich in sulfur although are also rich in methionine and cysteine and can shorten life span.

http://www.ecopolitan.com/eco-shop/prod ... lack-salt-

"Although methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) supplements are rising in popularity, they carries a heavy price and the psychological burden of having to take yet another supplement. Would it not be easier to obtain the necessary supply of sulfur through the deliciously simple act of eating? Though comparatively abundant in cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, collard greens, etc) and allium plants (onions, garlic, chives, shallots and leeks), the domestication and hybridization of these flora, as well as the prevalence of petroleum-based agricultural methods that disrupt the natural cycling of sulfur throughout the ecosystem (excess phosphorus inhibits the plant's absorption of sulfur) have all created a situation where these foods alone can no longer supply humans with adequate sulfur supplies. Although foods like eggs, meat and other animal products are relatively high in sulfur, their high level of methionine appears to shorten lifespan in animal studies and increase homocysteine levels - resulting in damaged blood vessels, increased risk of stroke and heart attacks, depression, and dementia."

I was thinking about ordering some unless anyone has a Peaty reason to not.

himsahimsa

The long write-up on the page advertising the black salt talks about the good things sulfur is involved with as far as health is concerned and all are well documented elsewhere. But, the inorganic sulfur from this salt or any inorganic sulfur has no relation to any of those things. Sulfur gets into human metabolism mainly through eating methionine or cystine or cysteine. Inorganic sulfur may be good for something but Dr.T doesn't say what that might be (or maybe I missed it). And what exactly is the chemical in this black salt? Sulfur is yellow. If the sulfur compound is black, what is the sulfur compounded with? Maybe it's OK to eat, maybe not. Ayurvedic medicine has people eating compounds of mercury and arsenic in significant doses. "Modern" doctors don't hesitate to give people things that are harmful. Ancient doctors should not be given a pass just because they are ancient.

pboy

im kind of weary of anything that smells like sulfur. They all cause body odor and seem to dampen mood. The amount in the black salt might be negligible...so it might be fine. But I wouldn't eat it on purpose for the sulfur. I tried some MSM a few years ago and it was terrible...hard to even swallow, and didn't do anything noticeable other than repel me from wanting to take it again

a lot of stuff that's perported to 'detoxify' or 'remove crystals from joints or third eye' or whatever...its easy to market because most of the population, unfortuneately, is unhealthy and really doesn't even have the first or second clue as to why. So you can basically say anything and they might believe it as long as you have a compelling delivery. Once you've inflicted them with fear or guilt...thinking they have 'toxins' 'yeast' 'calcium crystals' 'heavy metals', or whatever it is in their body, then they will literally walk around with this sense of filth and guilt until they think they 'get them all out', when they probably weren't there in the first place or even remotely related to their health problems. For me...its like, Im already feeling fine, so why would I take any such things, especially if they cause gut issues or body odor? Anything that is for a short term 'problem' is really a foolish idea, like a detox or temporary diet. You should imagine what you would do if you were already healthy, and no matter what state of health youre in, start doing that right away...because eventually that's the solution, and the sooner you get onto it the quicker you can master it and get into the flow of it. From there you can even look at how to get higher, better, because feeling good becomes rather normal and without effort, you become used to the routine and your body

OP
paper_clips43

paper_clips43

Thank you, I really appreciate your answers.
It can be pretty difficult deciphering all claims to health out there.
Using discernment is the key. I am glad I found a place I can trust people. You guys are great!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals