High Pressure Pasteurization?

Waynish

Anyone have any experience of knowledge of high pressure pasteurization? There is also a variant using co2. The claims are of killing pathogens without reducing nutrition content - but I'm wondering how true that is... I shall try to review the literature more as well.

ScottyVP

I know nothing of the technology or its implications and limitations but there's a brand in the UK that does juices called 'Cold press' that's generally delicious (some daft kale flavours that are vile!). Just going off taste and how I feel on it would suggest it's a decent product. It's expensive so maybe the fruits are better sourced rather than it being better for being cold pressed ?

managing

Cold pressed doesn't have anything to do with high pressure pasteurization. HPP is just what it sounds like. Killing microbes with (very) high pressure instead of heat. Some esters are sensitive to much lower pressures than are required for HPP. HPP is also more expensive. All in all, I am fairly confident it is less damaging than heat. How much so I don't have a good idea of.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals