Hiding in Plain Sight: Modern Thiamine Deficiency

Mauritio

Good to know. Thank you
This is actually a study from one of the articles you send me on hormonesmatter :)

P

Peatness

iu

Dr. B

Are you disputing these symptoms?

Hardly a money maker, thiamine is cheap
i found the 500mg thiamine hcl capsules on amazon, by dr clarks store. 90 capsules of 500mg, $30. HCL seems hard to find especially without filler ingredients. also the capsules are different sizes... some of them are like 20% larger than the others not sure why. this is the only brand i found without fillers

OP
Mito

Mito

i found the 500mg thiamine hcl capsules on amazon, by dr clarks store. 90 capsules of 500mg, $30. HCL seems hard to find especially without filler ingredients. also the capsules are different sizes... some of them are like 20% larger than the others not sure why. this is the only brand i found without fillers

Gustav3Y

I use their powder form and dose accordingly to what I want, 25mg, 50mg 100mg, no excipients that way.

aliml

Thiamine, biotin, and pantothenic acid contain of sulfur.

Other sulfur-containing compounds include hormones Insulin, Vasopressin, Somatostatin, Oxytocin, the anticoagulant Heparin and the amino acids Methionine, Cysteine, Taurine, and Glutathione,...

Dr. B

Thiamine, biotin, and pantothenic acid contain of sulfur.

Other sulfur-containing compounds include hormones Insulin, Vasopressin, Somatostatin, Oxytocin, the anticoagulant Heparin and the amino acids Methionine, Cysteine, Taurine, and Glutathione,...

even thiamine hcl? how much sulfur is in 100mg of thiamine hcl, 1000mcg biotin, 100mg pantothenic acid?

Birdie

We use Dr Clarks. It is a little cheaper on their company site.

My husband is taking 3 capsules in the morning and two at lunch. It has improved his swallowing pills and nighttime drool. 2500mg dose a day. We are following Dr Costantini's approach for Parkinsons'.

I take 500mg.

Birdie

I love this chart. Covers a lot that one runs into when studying thiamine. Sent it to husband. Thanks Pina

Dr. B

We use Dr Clarks. It is a little cheaper on their company site.

My husband is taking 3 capsules in the morning and two at lunch. It has improved his swallowing pills and nighttime drool. 2500mg dose a day. We are following Dr Costantini's approach for Parkinsons'.

I take 500mg.
can you dump out the bottle and check the capsule size? its odd i have two, possibly three different capsule sizes in the thiamine hcl i got from them. some capsules are like 20% longer. im not sure if they use different capsule sizes hopefully its not some other product that somehow ended up in mine!

did it increase his nighttime drool or decrease it!

amazon and dr clarks have the subscribe/save option which gives you 10%off!

aliml

even thiamine hcl? how much sulfur is in 100mg of thiamine hcl, 1000mcg biotin, 100mg pantothenic acid?
Yes!

100 mg Thiamine HCl == 12.08 mg Sulfur
100 mg Benfotiamine == 6.87 mg Sulfur
100 mg Allithiamine == 18.09 mg Sulfur
100 mg Sulbutiamine == 9.12 mg Sulfur

1000 mcg Biotin == 13.12 mcg Sulfur
100 mg Pantetheine (Pantothenic Acid) == 11.52 mg Sulfur

List of Sulfur-Containing Drugs:

Dr. B

Yes!

100 mg Thiamine HCl == 12.08 mg Sulfur
100 mg Benfotiamine == 6.87 mg Sulfur
100 mg Allithiamine == 18.09 mg Sulfur
100 mg Sulbutiamine == 9.12 mg Sulfur

1000 mcg Biotin == 13.12 mcg Sulfur
100 mg Pantetheine (Pantothenic Acid) == 11.52 mg Sulfur

List of Sulfur-Containing Drugs:
wow, i thought the other thiamine forms had much more sulfur

can you advise on the RDA for sulfur? isnt it in the gram amounts, so even getting like 50mg sulfur from supplements should be fine in that case?
ive heard sulfur is a copper and molybdenum antagonist.
how much sulfur would be in selenium glycinate 100mcg?

aliml

wow, i thought the other thiamine forms had much more sulfur

can you advise on the RDA for sulfur? isnt it in the gram amounts, so even getting like 50mg sulfur from supplements should be fine in that case?
ive heard sulfur is a copper and molybdenum antagonist.
how much sulfur would be in selenium glycinate 100mcg?
There is no RDA for sulfur.

I think 50 mg of sulfur is safe.

In the digestive tract, the formation of compounds containing sulfur and molybdenum, known as thiomolybdates, prevents the absorption of copper. Tetrathiomolybdate is a molecule that can form high-affinity complexes with copper, controlling free copper (copper that is not bound to ceruloplasmin).

Selenium glycinate has no sulfur.

Dr. B

There is no RDA for sulfur.

I think 50 mg of sulfur is safe.

In the digestive tract, the formation of compounds containing sulfur and molybdenum, known as thiomolybdates, prevents the absorption of copper. Tetrathiomolybdate is a molecule that can form high-affinity complexes with copper, controlling free copper (copper that is not bound to ceruloplasmin).

Selenium glycinate has no sulfur.
interesting i thought selenium always has sulfur

how much sulfur would you get, if you eat like 100g protein a day from milk, or from ground beef. wouldnt it be gram amounts of sulfur!

aliml

how much sulfur would you get, if you eat like 100g protein a day from milk, or from ground beef. wouldnt it be gram amounts of sulfur!
gr1.jpg

100 grams of animal protein contains between 200 and 300 mg of sulfur.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals