Amazoniac

Beliebers,

This review was written in a weird manner because I guess the guy had more freedom than what we would expect from a researcher in a published review. Nevertheless, I’m sharing because it has some interesting points that can direct people here to look for those subjects in more depth.

The multifaceted and widespread pathology of magnesium deficiency. - PubMed - NCBI

“Delirium tremens is caused partly by very low serum levels of glucose, Mg, P and B vitamins. Mg greatly affects muscle by inhibiting the release of acetylcholine, the neurotransmitter that triggers muscle contraction (4). Accordingly, in delirium tremens, the low levels of Mg increase the release of acetylcholine, producing massive involuntary contractions.”

“Furthermore, prolonged, intense stress, especially in the absence of Mg-rich foods and sun light, increases considerably Mg elimination (and therefore, Ca and K elimination).”

“..Moreover, a Se deficiency also increases Mg elimination and causes Fe accumulation (5).”

“Mg is necessary for activation of most of the ATPases, so that low Mg levels result in impaired transport of K, H, Na, Ca, etc. Because the kidneys require Mg in order to recycle Ca, P and K and to eliminate excess Na, Cl, Pb and Cd. A Mg deficiency eventually leads to low levels of Ca and K and to high levels of Na, Cl, Cd and Pb. This electrolytic imbalance leads to hypertension and to intracellular disturbances at the mitochondrial level. In turn, the hypertension eventually leads to cardiovascular damage, renal and hepatic damage, increased risk of aneurysms and internal hemorrhages, and many other diseases.”

“Thiamine (vitamin B1) forms thiamine pyrophosphate in the presence of Mg. When the latter is not available, thiamine cannot perform properly (10) (see Fig. 4). The result is an apparent thiamine deficiency, even when the body has enough or excess thiamine. The lack of performance of thiamine results in low levels of gastric acid (low levels of secretin, leading to autism), leading to increased risk of GI infections and to impaired digestion and in damage to the hypothalamus (confusion, delusions, hallucinations, disorientation, Wernicke’s encephalopathy (11), Alzheimer’s disease, etc.). The lack of Mg also leads to the formation of calcium pyrophosphate, instead of thiamine pyrophosphate. Calcium pyrophosphate can precipitate in painful crystals (pseudogout).”

“Magnesium also plays a crucial role in the release of nitric oxide (NO) from the cell. NO serves many functions (see Figs 2, 3 and 6), among the most important is preventing infections in the body cavities, such as the sinuses, throat, lungs, vagina, larynx, etc.”

“NO deficiency may also play a role in arteriosclerosis induced by low Mg levels, since Chlamydia p, is suspected of contributing this disease, and low NO levels may favor this bacterium.”

“..Furthermore, the accumulation of NO in the cell causes formation of peroxynitrite, an extremely reactive substance formed by the reaction of NO with superoxide, which causes massive oxidative damage to the cell.”

“The combination of hypertension, impaired perfusion, and cellular damage leads to migraines (13), multiple sclerosis, impotence (NO causes the vasodilation responsible for an erection), glaucoma, strokes, etc. (see Fig. 6).”

“As we mentioned above, Mg inhibits the release of acetylcholine, so that low Mg levels lead to uncontrollable muscle contractions (see Fig. 6). This can be seen in delirium tremens, myasthenia gravis, Guillain-Barre syndrome, etc.”

“A Mg deficiency affects greatly the distribution of several minerals in the body, for example, it increases Fe levels in liver, spleen and kidney at the same time that it reduces Cu levels in the liver (14). The accumulation of Fe, Cd, Al and Pb in the kidneys, liver and brain, that results from, and exacerbates, a Mg deficiency, leads to considerable oxidative damage of these crucial organs. The brain damage eventually manifests itself as many devastating diseases such as autism (15–17), Parkinson’s disease, etc.”

As always, I’m merely sharing, questions should be adressed to burtlancast.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

NO deficiency may also play a role in arteriosclerosis induced by low Mg levels, since Chlamydia p, is suspected of contributing this disease, and low NO levels may favor this bacterium.

Effect of nitric oxide on the growth of Chlamydophila pneumoniae. - PubMed - NCBI
The PDF file is protected and I didn't want to unlock it to quote, but it's interest and I highly recommend reading it.

Valtsu's: The Therapeutic Effects of Red and Near-Infrared Light (2015)

:ss2 <- Such_, your icon is hilarious and fits well in a lot of occasions

Drareg

Isn't tryptophan also implicated with chlamydia pneumonia?

InChristAlone

So this review is saying thumbs down to excessive salt and soda? There have been people claiming salt helps you hold on to magnesium.

artist

Magnesium is very magic for mood and energy I find. I take it internally with 400 mg a day of either glycinate or malate (currently) forms and I always take it with p5p. Never found a workable topical method for myself

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

What do you mean ? What's the link between the two ?
I can't remember where I read, but it mentioned something about by inhibiting the excessive accumulation of nitric oxide, the cell was able to control the release of nitric oxide better. And that could be something positive during infections, but you need to confirm this with burtlancast..

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

I gave magnesium to 15 lords that I know. I asked them to avoid extra variables and to not introduce something new during a week of supplementation. The majority of them take a lot of calcium and have poor metabolism.

Here's what they reported after a week (some of those symptoms vanished, others improved significantly):
  • cracked heels
  • gallstones
    • haidut, if you recall, I contacted you some time ago, asking if you had any suggestions for a lordess that was dealing with gallstones. It turns out that her symptoms gradually disappeared after one week of this supplementation. She had a poor metabolism and that contributed for sure; but we had difficulty tracking what were the main culprits. The combination of magnesium + malic acid not only improved her metabolism, but also her pains. She commented something about feeling very warm and calm, and not even remembering about those issues anymore. Pretty odd, I'll let you know how it progresses.
  • fatigue
  • frequent urination
  • carbohydrate issues
  • intolerance to stress
  • cold extremities
  • dirty teeth
  • infections - a landlord was having a lot of problems with starches, reacting close to endotoxemia, and now he is being able to eat them with only minor problems.
  • abnormal gut motility
  • weird poops; then artistic poops, ones that would make lindsay want to photograph and include in her portfolio

They took 300mg of magnesium malate orally. So, those experiences are from the honeymoon period, but I think that, even though those effects tend to stabilize over time, they seemed to last.
Does that mean that magnesium fixes all of our problems? Yes, including divorce, a shoe that insists to untie, your chair that has one of four legs shorter and swings.

I tried microcrystalline cellulose and had a terrible reaction to it, I then asked the lab to increase the amount to avoid excipients. And so they did, and no more reactions.

This is just to suggest that the lords here pay attention to the balance of minerals and sometimes keeping two substances that balance each other low is less worse than one of them normal and the other low. And people with poor metabolism should pay more attention to that because they seem more vulnerable. Brian suggested that people should improve their metabolism first, with only reasonable amounts of calcium in relation to magnesium, and only then do what feels comfortable, there seems to be some truth in that..

@Dan Wich @Ewlevy1 @haidut @Peata

narouz

Is a landlord
a special kind of lord?
A lord of the land, perhaps?

Last edited:

narouz

Sorry if this has already been posted,
but I don't think I'd ever seen this one before...

I don't know this Dr. Sarah Myhill beyond remembering I think that one of our posters, "kineticz",
refers to her.
The article has the poetic and irresistible title:
Magnesium Per Rectum - DoctorMyhill

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Is a landlord
a special kind of lord?
A lord of the land, perhaps?
I just use it because it sounds funny; just like milch, wasser, etc.. :ss

Ew....that could contribute to divorce.
To clarify, I didn't mean mummification, I meant coated teeth.

--
Some of those changes were noticeable within a day, according to the lords, others starting to be significant by the end of the week. I guess that overall improved metabolism; normalizing gut motility; less time to ferment dangerously if infected and that probably also reflected on teeth coating; less constipation to extract the most of what's scarce; electrolyte balance and normalization (including potassium and calcium); better deliver of nutrients away from the core; higher levels of circulating burtancasterone; improved immunity; etc. were the main things involved in those changes..

Edit: the effect on gallstone was a suprise, we'll see how it goes after a while..

Last edited:

narouz

...higher levels of circulating burtancasterone; improved immunity; etc. were the main things involved in those changes...

Yeah, the higher levels of burtlancasterone arguably a good thing,
except that frequently adulterated with conspiratonin.

To clarify, I didn't mean mummification, I meant coated teeth.

I know what coated teeth are (shudders in disgust)...... Trust me, I won't go near them.

A dirty mouth= NO kissing=grounds for divorce.

41LNwDb2fGL.jpg