Help Me Find A Post

thegiantess

I recall seeing a reference to a post about the safe levels of b vitamin intake. As in there is a sweet spot for the amount you can without contributing to cancer metabolism. However I can't find the post! I am sure the original information was post by @haidut , but I can't find it. Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

haidut

Forum Supporter
I recall seeing a reference to a post about the safe levels of b vitamin intake. As in there is a sweet spot for the amount you can without contributing to cancer metabolism. However I can't find the post! I am sure the original information was post by @haidut , but I can't find it. Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

The post is about thiamine specifically, not all B vitamins. Thiamine intake of about 1-70 times the RDA was found to stimulate cancer growth but higher intakes in the range of 2700 times RDA strongly inhibited tumor growth. The 2700 RDA is about 3g daily, which is also the level at which thiamine was found to act pretty similar to the well-known cancer drug DCA. In doses over 1,500mg thiamine inhibits all types of carbonic anhydrase and as such greatly increases CO2 production.
Just search the forum for "thiamine dca" and then "thiamine carbonic anhydrase".

OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

The post is about thiamine specifically, not all B vitamins. Thiamine intake of about 1-70 times the RDA was found to stimulate cancer growth but higher intakes in the range of 2700 times RDA strongly inhibited tumor growth. The 2700 RDA is about 3g daily, which is also the level at which thiamine was found to act pretty similar to the well-known cancer drug DCA. In doses over 1,500mg thiamine inhibits all types of carbonic anhydrase and as such greatly increases CO2 production.
Just search the forum for "thiamine dca" and then "thiamine carbonic anhydrase".

Ok. Thanks. I thought I recalled it being a super high dose that would be anti cancer, but thiamin seems to be good for so many things. Also Ray only recommends like 10 mg doses. I guess I'm just confused as to where it fits in. In many of the generative energy shows you suggest that thiamin could be useful for a wide variety of things. Is taking like 100 mg just for general wellbeing a bad idea?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ok. Thanks. I thought I recalled it being a super high dose that would be anti cancer, but thiamin seems to be good for so many things. Also Ray only recommends like 10 mg doses. I guess I'm just confused as to where it fits in. In many of the generative energy shows you suggest that thiamin could be useful for a wide variety of things. Is taking like 100 mg just for general wellbeing a bad idea?

I don't think 100mg is a bad idea, but it can deplete potassium and lower blood sugar. So, as long as you are cognizant about these facts I think even higher doses are OK. The studies on kidney disease and Parkinson (both human) used 300mg - 600mg daily for months and without much side effects.

OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

With the caveat that it MAY stimulate cancer growth? I guess what I'm not understanding is if the benefit outweighs the risk.

milk_lover

I don't think 100mg is a bad idea, but it can deplete potassium and lower blood sugar. So, as long as you are cognizant about these facts I think even higher doses are OK. The studies on kidney disease and Parkinson (both human) used 300mg - 600mg daily for months and without much side effects.
Yeah I learned not to take thiamine when I am having lunch (meat with coke and coffee) because I get low sugar symptoms. Of course I can't drink OJ at the same time because of iron so I just take it with OJ away from lunch.. So yeah good source of sugar and potassium.

OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

Ok. So I just looked up the rda and its 1.1 mg for women. So I would be taking like 100 times that, which falls outside of the 1-70 but doesn't even get close to the 2700 range. I'm not sure if I'm more confused now or not.

tara

Also Ray only recommends like 10 mg doses.
Really? I remember him saying 10mg of B6 is a big enough dose for most. Didn't remember coming across that number for thiamine?

OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

Really? I remember him saying 10mg of B6 is a big enough dose for most. Didn't remember coming across that number for thiamine?

Yah I think it was in one of the KMUD podcasts about cognition. I'm about 80% sure..

Blossom

Forum Supporter
KMUD Longevity, transcribed, verified and reposted 4/12/14
You were right @thegiantess. Edit to add: I think this is the one although I seem to remember him talking about thiamine in another interview too.

RP: If a person has diabetes or cancer or something and has very high lactic acid production, 300mg in divided doses can help to normalise sugar metabolism and lactic acid. But ordinarily 10 or 20mg is plenty.

HD: Is this B3 we are talking about now?

RP: No, that was thiamine, B1.

Last edited:

tara

Thanks Giantess, Blossom.
I've not been taking particularly high doses (60-100mg divided), but I think I'll reduce it for forthcoming batches. I usually have 5 or 10mg B6 and ~200mg niacinamide, divided.

ziton

Haidut, about what you quoted from the research above
Thiamine intake of about 1-70 times the RDA was found to stimulate cancer growth but higher intakes in the range of 2700 times RDA strongly inhibited tumor growth.
I'm confused as there's a 50mg dose in Enrgen which is about 29x RDA unless I've made some mistake. TIA

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, about what you quoted from the research above

I'm confused as there's a 50mg dose in Enrgen which is about 29x RDA unless I've made some mistake. TIA

That's how much Peat said he would take if he had to take thiamine regularly (every day). Also, the pro-cancer effects of lower dose thiamine were seen in already established and metastasized cancers. Hopefully, this is not the case with most people.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals