Making Skim Milk Isotonic

Rrr

I'm asking this just out of curiosity. Skim milk is hypotonic, how would I calculate the exact amount of table sugar needed to make it isotonic? Stress and the amount of fat in one's diet have an effect on the milk's hypotonicity, but if you took these out, how would I calculate the correct amount of sugar needed?

Here's the milk's overall composition per 100g (taken from milkfacts.info):

34kcal
3.37g protein
4.96g carbs
0.08g fat
44mg sodium
Water content 90.84%

I remember seeing pboy's post about oj or milk, but can't recall, if it was about making them isotonic (though oj is almost isotonic as it is) or something else. Can't find the post of course.

I'd appreciate it, If pboy or anyone math-savvy could help me out.

OP
R

Rrr

I found the post I was talking about.
pboy said:
post 95976 sweating a lot happens in 2 cases, hyperthyroid but in that case its actually protective and fine, whats happening actually is that...you gotta understand and imagine tonic balance to really see whats happening. If you take in something more dense, hypertonic, the body inevitably wants to get back to homeostatic isotonicity in its entirey. So you take in something dense, and have all the nutrients in balance, it seems or maybe technically does make you temporarily hyper thyroid, the body oxidizes the sugar real fast and/or stores it as glycogen to restore osmotic balance so in the process a lotta Co2 is released via the faster burning of sugar and you end up sweating cause c02 basically takes water vapor with it as it escapes through the skin. In this instance you'll be hotter and generating heat in the process and its good. If you are hypo tonic, in the case of too much fluid and too little osmolly active particles, most notably sugar, the body desperately wants to shed some of the free water so it can get back into homeostasis but the problem is the excess water actually disturbs the efficient function of metabolism, so it cant just like somehow burn extra energy and evaporate the free water, so it dilates the pores in the skin, mostly in the pits cause I guess gravity can help pull excess water from there, to try to leak some water out and restore balance. Its a really inefficient thing. Because metabolism is disturbed you'll be cooler and also serotonin and/or estrogen is released. If you're a more driven personality type or in an active state like you need to be doing things, you'll tend to make estrogen in that situation, and if you're a more chill type person or not in an immediate need to do things time, you'll lean more towards producing serotonin in a hypotonic situation. Either one isn't good. The serotonin will just make you more tired and slow and kinda spacey, the estrogen will make you kind of erratic and shaky and slightly irritable and with a propensity to want to do excessive movement and things to I suppose hope to leak moer water and generate heat. Both states make your memory foggy also and make your life less profound or enjoyable and you're less able to really feel things or think much. In your case, its definitely a hypotonic state, its the kinda cold leaky annoying clammy potentially sweating feeling that comes mostly from the pits but overall you'll feel like your body is trying to sweat and yet kind of ineffective at doing so or that the water is kind of just leaking out and staying more on the skin.

you are not genetically cursed. This is a very common thing that can happen to people who just drink OJ and milk, and in fact is to be expected and predictably happens doing so, because they are both hypotonic solutions compared to what your body wants (what the overall blood/fluids are). The solution is to add about half a tsp of sugar to each 8oz of OJ you drink, about 2.5 tsp sugar to every 8oz milk you drink, and/or eat potentially a dense starch or I suppose meat around the times you are drinking a lot of those fluids. I managed to work out those amounts through much trial and error, lol. You can always add a little more sugar and then you'll go into the other state, the more hyper thyroid but its fine, it gives your body more resources to potentially use...since it has some extra sugar in a dense way, if you need it, it can be used for mucus creation, lubing the GI, aiding elimination, or to make fatty acids or cholesterol if needed either just to repair junctions or to make hormones with...in the hypo tonic state your body cant really make mucus or lipids because in doing so it would just further the problem and make you even more hypo (cause the sugar becomes less osmotic once converted into those other things)

Peat is always very careful in telling people not to drink extra water cause milk and juice and coffee or whatever will surely cover your fluid needs alone, but I think he should also go even further and mention that if you aren't eating that much dryish meat or starch, then you need to actually find a way to make your intake more dense, which is easiest by just adding white sugar. Like I'm certain he has to be doing this in some way with his own diet or he wouldn't be as stable as he is and be able to think as clearly and straight as he does

So his experience is that 2.5 teaspoons of sugar per every 8oz of milk and half a teaspoon per every 8oz of OJ would be about right.

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

But how much you need depends on the rest of your diet, and the climate, and how much you sweat etc. By all means try pboy's formula as a starting point, but from there you can experiment and assess what your system needs at different times.

For a while I was adding sucrose syrup to OJ. Now I sometimes have to add water, instead. Depends on calorie-density of the rest of my diet, etc.

OP
R

Rrr

Yeah, I was already using more sugar than pboy. My diet is pretty low in fat, I'm stressed plus the weather is cold here. Trying his amounts made me cold again, which was my problem before.

Thanks tara. : )

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals