Heart palpitations right before orgasm???

liam183

See title. Sorry if it's TMI, but almost every time I do the dirty and get close to finishing, my heart starts to flutter and it feels like I'm a bit short of breath. This has only been happening for the past few months, and I can't really think of a reason. Any thoughts?

Explorer

Do you get POIS post orgasmic illness syndrome symptoms like brain fog or other ones AFTER?

OP
L

liam183

Do you get POIS post orgasmic illness syndrome symptoms like brain fog or other ones AFTER?
I'll often get moody/irritable. I also have delayed ejaculation issues and long refractory period (little to no libido for days)

peter88

I'll often get moody/irritable. I also have delayed ejaculation issues and long refractory period (little to no libido for days)
What supplements do you take? I used to deal with something similar, including the palpitations, from vitamin k and other fat solubles.

OP
L

liam183

What supplements do you take? I used to deal with something similar, including the palpitations, from vitamin k and other fat solubles.
Interesting. The only supplements I take regularly are vitamin E every 2-3 days (300mg I believe) and betaine HCl. I do, however, eat a diet very rich in fat solubles, but I've been doing that for awhile (probably 4 years now?) Without issues. Blood pressure is normal at 121/71 (I'm a 20 year old male), didn't take the spike protein va x or anything like that

peter88

Interesting. The only supplements I take regularly are vitamin E every 2-3 days (300mg I believe) and betaine HCl. I do, however, eat a diet very rich in fat solubles, but I've been doing that for awhile (probably 4 years now?) Without issues. Blood pressure is normal at 121/71 (I'm a 20 year old male), didn't take the spike protein va x or anything like that
Yeah fat soluble a from food aren’t a problem. Vitamin k and vitamin e were the supplements that affected me the most. They most notably caused palpitations and loss of penile sensitivity.

I think having an empty stomach is good for sex.

Magnesium seems helpful for this sort of thing.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
For me, dietary calcium and some vitamin D helps. 1500 mg or more from food for calcium, and 2000 iu vitamin D seem to remove all kinds of palpitations.

Right before climax, the sympathetic nervous system is amped. When I don't eat enough calcium, all sympathetic events tend to promote palpitations.

OP
L

liam183

For me, dietary calcium and some vitamin D helps. 1500 mg or more from food for calcium, and 2000 iu vitamin D seem to remove all kinds of palpitations.

Right before climax, the sympathetic nervous system is amped. When I don't eat enough calcium, all sympathetic events tend to promote palpitations.
Good to know. I've been suspecting a slight vitamin D deficiency, especially as I just did a calorie restrictive diet for ~4 months during winter and haven't taken cod liver oil as I used to. I think taking NDT may have caused this too, but I haven't taken it for about a week now and have still had the issue.

laleto12

Good to know. I've been suspecting a slight vitamin D deficiency, especially as I just did a calorie restrictive diet for ~4 months during winter and haven't taken cod liver oil as I used to. I think taking NDT may have caused this too, but I haven't taken it for about a week now and have still had the issue.
I think that might be your issue.
Calorie-restricted diet + winter + NDT (depletes nutrients because it increases metabolism) = you probably have low nutrition stores.

When I don't eat enough, I almost always get more heart palpitations.

OP
L

liam183

I think that might be your issue.
Calorie-restricted diet + winter + NDT (depletes nutrients because it increases metabolism) = you probably have low nutrition stores.

When I don't eat enough, I almost always get more heart palpitations.
Yep I've been reverse dieting and adding calories back slowly. Seems to be improving as the NDT leaves my system as well

laleto12

Yep I've been reverse dieting and adding calories back slowly. Seems to be improving as the NDT leaves my system as well
Yeah… Eat whole nutrient dense foods, eat enough calories, stay away from metabolic enhancers for a bit and I believe this issue would resolve itself — you’ll be golden my friend!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals