Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

Dr. B

So, what is the Majority consensus here. Ray talks so highly about how important Calcium: phosphate ratio, and my concern is eating so many beans and meat, of which is opposed greatly by Dr. Peat. I am concerned of doing harm, even though I feel a bit better on Low VA, how do I know I not silently killing myself..haha. But seriously , we are all her because of Ray, and the fact he is 84 years old and still the same as he was basically at 60, is remarkable. We all know people at 80 or 90, but did they age as well as Ray, and still doing mindful work daily. This fact is what keeps me holding on to Ray. It is just a bit confusing with Oxidized Retinol, or to high Iron, or VA is only toxic at over 100,000 IUs daily for 6 months, according to Ray. I do love Raw Milk and cheese. I think Parsnips are just like a carrot but white and sweeter, so that could work for the endotoxin and estrogen, and coconut water and lemon juice instead of OJ.
but hasnt he said to limit to 5000IU if thyroid is slow
polar bear liver killed people due to hypervitaminosis A didnt it so its definitely toxic the thing is many essential things are toxic in the higher amounts

tallglass13

but hasnt he said to limit to 5000IU if thyroid is slow
polar bear liver killed people due to hypervitaminosis A didnt it so its definitely toxic the thing is many essential things are toxic in the higher amounts
Ok , so this may be important to just stay at or below the now RDA of 3000 iu, and so not to totally give up good sources of dairy. Makes more sense that to totally avoid VA in foods, just no Liver or Accutane. The Greens like Lettuce and kale , spinach might need to be avoided as well, for oxalates too.

Apple

So, what is the Majority consensus here. Ray talks so highly about how important Calcium: phosphate ratio, and my concern is eating so many beans and meat, of which is opposed greatly by Dr. Peat. I am concerned of doing harm, even though I feel a bit better on Low VA, how do I know I not silently killing myself..haha. But seriously , we are all her because of Ray, and the fact he is 84 years old and still the same as he was basically at 60, is remarkable. We all know people at 80 or 90, but did they age as well as Ray, and still doing mindful work daily. This fact is what keeps me holding on to Ray. It is just a bit confusing with Oxidized Retinol, or to high Iron, or VA is only toxic at over 100,000 IUs daily for 6 months, according to Ray. I do love Raw Milk and cheese. I think Parsnips are just like a carrot but white and sweeter, so that could work for the endotoxin and estrogen, and coconut water and lemon juice instead of OJ.
It is just there are not many alternatives...
I don't discount RP but almost every of RP food causes some problem and high in vit A/carotenes: dairy , carrots, eggs, oranges, butter, liver, corn tortillas.

I regret that I bought into "Oranges are good" thing. They were detrimental for my teeth and possibly joints...
I also regret that I wasted my time "fighting" lactose intolerance. I'm still experimenting with lactose free milk but it makes my eyes sleepy.

Though I think good quality cheese and milk in moderation can be good.

tallglass13

I cant prove this but either grant or smith has mentioned that the phosphate problem might be eliminated or most likely much reduced by eliminating A. It seems like A is disturbing calcium metabolism. Personally I get 10% of my previous calcium and have stronger nails and teeth, no cramps, and a normal serum calcium and PTH. I hope it is ok.
Great to know , thanks. Someone else on this huge thread, had low normal PTH on low VA diet. I wish Ray could explain that, but He has been very vague during our emails. He is stating low VD is my problem.

tallglass13

It is just there are not many alternatives...
I don't discount RP but almost every of RP food cause some problem and high in vit A/carotenes: dairy , carrots, eggs, oranges, butter, liver, corn tortillas.

I regret that I bought into "Oranges are good" thing. They were detrimental for my teeth and possibly joints...
I also regret that I wasted my time "fighting" lactose intolerance. I'm still experimenting with lactose free milk but it makes my eyes sleepy.

Though I think good quality cheese and milk in moderation can be good.
I do not like the sleepy feeling from milk. On beans , meat, tilapia, ect. I feel way more awake and alive. Very confusing stuff.

redsun

I do not like the sleepy feeling from milk. On beans , meat, tilapia, ect. I feel way more awake and alive. Very confusing stuff.
The opiate effect from dairy is likely the culprit. Depending on your own endogenous activity, dairy may affect you more strongly in regards to making you feel sleepy while it doesnt in others.

Apple

The opiate effect from dairy is likely the culprit. Depending on your own endogenous activity, dairy may affect you more strongly in regards to making you feel sleepy while it doesnt in others.
it feels rather like swollen around eyes and sensitivity to light

Quelsatron

Isn't the opiate effect due to peptides that haven't been proven to cross the blood-brain barrier and only had a sedating effect when injected into the brains of mice? Or did I get that wrong?

youngsinatra

I cant tolerate beans of any kind so whatever I might get out of it it just doesnt work. 4 large peeled apples a day is in theory at least enough to get the required fiber. Potatoes help a bit. I can at least recommend reading the course as there is very good info in it. I am now trying his latest thing - lactoferrin to help liver and bile. Its so far not working but I will get his own brand aoon as it is purer. I have asked Peat how he feels about LF and he said the problem was the extraction just like with individual amino acids which he doesnt recommend. Easily allergenic. But I dont know. After starting detox all supplements just suck lol. No bemefits. At least I cant feel it. Not even from magnesium. If you buy the love your liver, I would read the old program too.(its included)
I just got the membership.
Will drop vitamin E for now. Will try just sticking to magnesium, B1 and activated charcoal before bed to bind up bile.

Otherwise eating peeled white potatoes, rice, peeled cooked apples and pears, cooked oatmeal, lean beef, some honey, salt and coffee.

Eberhardt

it feels rather like swollen around eyes and sensitivity to light
Photosensitivity is btw a Viamin A toxicity symptom. My eyes were supersensitive. Now sfter ca 3 years they are much less so and my eyesight snd nightsite has become better

Eberhardt

I just got the membership.
Will drop vitamin E for now. Will try just sticking to magnesium, B1 and activated charcoal before bed to bind up bile.

Otherwise eating peeled white potatoes, rice, peeled cooked apples and pears, cooked oatmeal, lean beef, some honey, salt and coffee.
Sounds excellent. Maybe I could suggest not doing coffee for a week or two? Not sure how it affects you.. smith hates it, grant drinks it lol. Btw i can tolerate coka cola ("mexican" i.e norwegian) but not cofee

Eberhardt

Isn't the opiate effect due to peptides that haven't been proven to cross the blood-brain barrier and only had a sedating effect when injected into the brains of mice? Or did I get that wrong?
Hard to say. I recently saw someone saying Peat says that barrier is fictional

tim333

@maillol I never advise people to smoke but I smoke one or two Manitou organic cigarettes per day, drink one or two beers per day and often have a cup of coffee in the morning. I think these things all reduce retinoic acid levels. I cover some evidence on my channel for smoking being the most effective way to lower retinoic acid levels. Caffeine inhibits vitamin A metabolism so it helps to reduce retinoic acid levels but at the same time if you are consuming caffeine and not on a low vitamin A diet it will promote bioaccumulation of vitamin A.

tim333

Hi,
Can anyone add to the Vit D , and it possibly reducing Vit A. Ray keeps telling me I have a Vit D deficiency after explaining my symptoms. I asked him about VA toxicity and he said Grant Genereux's book have no scientific basis for his VA doctrine. How can this be? VA toxicity is a real issue. However Ray believes that only after 100,000 IU monthly can produce this. Maybe his Vit D recommendations have some real merit. But Grant was able to bring his D up without supplementation or sun exposure, just Ultra low VA diet.
I am seeing great results on Low A diet. Just wondering if using D3 will expedite the healing. Danny Just did a new article on how wonderful D3 is. Please let me know if anyone has any insight on supplemental D3. Thanks
There is no scientific evidence to support Grant's belief that vitamin A is not a vitamin.

I don't understand why you look to Peat as a guru when you can see clearly yourself how ignorant he is about vitamin A. Hypervitaminosis A is not determined by how much vitamin A one consumes, it's defined by liver retinol levels. It's hard to measure those but we can get a good idea of our vitamin A status from our serum retinol levels. Studies indicate that perhaps a third of the population has Hypervitaminosis A.

It's just a matter of understanding vitamin A and vitamin D metabolism to answer your question. Hypervitaminosis A results in elevated levels of retinoic acid. Because retinoic acid competes at nuclear receptors with calcitriol the body responds by raising calcitriol levels. This has the effect of depleting vitamin D more rapidly. This is why lowering vitamin A levels has a vitamin D sparing effect. Supplementing with vitamin D can only correct a vitamin D deficiency, it won't help speed up the depletion of vitamin A.

tim333

has anyone regrown teeth before? maybe its harder to regrow them for some reason?
does Ray still use hormones I thought he hasnt used any of them even thyroid for a long time
Milk definitely seems to help teeth especially if drank right after coke or OJ
how much milk have you been drinking
I discuss my tooth healing protocol that I have successfully used myself on my channel. When a deep filling has fallen out of a molar and there is decay it's very difficult to heal, in those situations I've had the molar removed.

tim333

so the casein in milk contains vitamin A? how much A does it contain?
so whey powder would truly have 0 vitamin A?
There is no evidence for casein containing significant amounts of retinoic acid. Casein is not an optimal protein for adult humans though.

tim333

The VD thing has been acknowledged by Grant, but I am not sure what is actually going on with VD. SUN light and tanning beds, and thyroid both destroy VA according to Ray Peat. I think Ray is always using cynomel or cynoplus. Ray could be completely right about everything, however, in practice, people are just not seeing the results. VA low diet, people are getting extraordinary results in so little time its hard to deny. Also, I have to keep remembering that even Ray talks about the hypothyroid nature of too high VA and beta carotene. But still recommends super high VA foods.
Yes UV light depletes vitamin A and carotenoids in the skin. The breakdown products are carcinogenic though. Regardless I do not supplement with vitamin D, I get full body sun exposure. I think it's likely that once vitamin A status is normalized that summer vitamin D reserves can last through to spring for many people. Yes thyroid hormone speeds up vitamin A metabolism.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals