Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

Mito

I looked at what the guy's diet might mark up as....not bad to be honest:
:shock:
798043CA-7662-4755-9226-6DEBF18F07A5.jpeg
79286428-532C-4A85-A7FE-1A755E84A800.jpeg

postman

No.
Because they are still extreme elimination diets.
If the person then ages slowly or lives long you could mayve argue the effectiveness because nutrient deficiencies take a long time to wreck havoc in an extreme hypothyroid state.
Do you even know what correlation means? I don't think you do.

Ella

Forum Supporter
What do you mean? Could you explain this further?

His calcium to phosphate ratio is too low (0.23). He is consuming 4 x more phosphorus which puts him at risk of kidney disease, CVD and god nose what else.

Consequences of a high phosphorus intake on mineral metabolism and bone remodeling in dependence of calcium intake in healthy subjects – a randomized placebo-controlled human intervention study

This indicates a negative influence of a high P and a normal Ca diet on Ca balance and is in accordance with Kemi et al. [27], who reported a disturbed Ca metabolism by a Ca:P ratio below 0.5 (present study P1000/Ca0 0.4). However, the other two intervention groups with Ca and P (P1000/Ca500 and P1000/Ca1000) showed no negative effect on Ca balance since plasma Ca concentrations increased and renal excretions remained unchanged. Our results and the existing literature give evidence for maintenance of a positive Ca balance, a high P intake has to be accompanied by a high Ca intake [27, 28, 29].

Conclusions
In all, our study showed that a high P intake did not influence fasting phosphate plasma concentrations in healthy adults. A high P intake without adequate Ca supplementation seems to have a negative impact on Ca metabolism. Thus, it can be stated that a well-balanced Ca:P ratio is an important prerequisite for a normal metabolism of Ca. There is only a temporary increase of FGF23 after P supplementation. Within eight weeks of a high P intervention, plasma concentrations of FGF23 remained within the normal range.

A higher phosphate intake can be mitigated by consuming more fruit and sugar.

Suikerbuik

That is really cool. If his PTH is low too, the guy is onto something.

Amazoniac

That is really cool. If his PTH is low too, the guy is onto something.
But many deficiencies can get in the way of proper vitamin A function and limiting its intake will prevent further depletion, just like the person who turns orange from b-carotene and restricting it avoids this.

--
Prostate Cancer
The antagonism between estrogen and vitamin A in controlling epithelial proliferation (and possibly other cell types: Boettger-Tong and Stancel, 1995) is clear wherever it has been tested; vitamin A restrains epithelial proliferation. (Wherever estrogen is a factor in the development of abnormal tissue, vitamin A supplementation would seem beneficial.)

Suikerbuik

But many deficiencies can get in the way of proper vitamin A function and limiting its intake will prevent further depletion, just like the person who turns orange from b-carotene and restricting it avoids this.

--
Prostate Cancer
So what do you think or propose is happening here with mr Genereux?

Elephanto

I find it interesting that he makes a link with the increased use of multivitamins and fortified cereals. Both have a very absorbable form of iron, namely ferrous sulphate. Increased by concomitant Vitamin C in multivitamins. I've often noticed my skin getting green/grey-ish the days following eating cereals, I'm not low in iron and tend to reach excess easily. Major increase in meat consumption in the 1st world too, again raising iron intake. Not to say that his theory is entirely wrong, there are already a couple of hints to the harmfulness of vitamin A excess. Per Peat, more than 5000iu daily can inhibit thyroid function, and the use of Vitamin A supplements has been linked to increased lung cancer risks in smokers, showing that it is prone to oxidation. It doesn't happen with beta-carotene which has a protective effect (potent antioxidant with anti-estrogenic effect independent of vitamin A). It's interesting though, especially the part about Chinese on a Vitamin A deficient diet having great health parameters and sight.

InChristAlone

His vitamin D is pretty low for it being end of summer. How is that level going to see him through 8 months? I mean he doesn't think it's necessary when combined with a vitamin A depleted diet so I guess he gets by. But based on his low cholesterol he's not producing many steroidal hormones either. And knowing he's in older age, I wonder how long he will live.

Elephanto

His vitamin D is pretty low for it being end of summer. How is that level going to see him through 8 months? I mean he doesn't think it's necessary when combined with a vitamin A depleted diet so I guess he gets by. But based on his low cholesterol he's not producing many steroidal hormones either. And knowing he's in older age, I wonder how long he will live.

Just saw the picture of his diet, he eats a lot of heme iron and iron excess inhibits vitamin D absorption.

In 15 patients removal of excess body iron by venesection therapy produced a significant increase in the mean serum 25-OHD from 20 ng/ml to 30 ng/ml, p less than 0.05.
Low serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D in hereditary hemochromatosis: relation to iron status. - PubMed - NCBI

Kind of ironic because if he's right about Vitamin A, the long term effect of high iron intake on his health will dissuade people of believing him.

Last edited:

Suikerbuik

Does the plasma level of vitamins A and E affect [or is affected by] acne condition?

The good thing about vitamin A is that it barely involves other factors for optimal function, possibly only:

- Magnesia
- Vitamin E (/C)
- Zinc (/Selenium)
- Molybdenia (Bolduev, 2017)
- Proteid
- B12
- Niacin
- Riboflavin
- Choline
- Cholesterol
- Taurine
- Adequate thyroid function

So you think he is deficient in one of these and that's why vitamin a acts as an inflammatory agent, even in near zero concentrations as that seemed to flair up his eczema (at least in the beginning that was thr case)?

Suikerbuik

Yes but maybe because of his low vitamin A he is very responsive to vitamin D; it's the receptivity at the nuclear level that matters and maybe blood values not so much. One way to know this is via PTH. Especially since his phosfor to calcium ratio is so unfavorable I find his vitamin D level high in this context.

Ella

Forum Supporter
He may still have adequate stores in adipose tissue, liver and other organs to see him through for some time. Do we know what fat% he is?

If young white educated females (mean age 22.4) in the US consume > 70% the RDA, then we can expect a male in his 50s, who has been eating fortified foods,
downing supplements like lollies and dining on (as McDougall puts it) foods of kings and queens, to have plenty on board.

Be nice to see his hormone profile as his levels of A & D diminish.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals