Gluten detox symptoms?

Vins7

I have only been a week and a half without trying anything with gluten in an effort to improve my digestive problems and to my surprise I do not feel much better, rather I have cold symptoms day after day. I have a lot of mucus and sneezing.

Obviously I don't have a cold, in fact in the part of Spain where I live we are at 30° celsius.

It may be related to quitting gluten or nothing to do with it, I've looked for a bit of information about gluten detoxification symptoms but not too much information appears.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It could be. I don’t remember having any detox symptoms but everyone is different and the way gluten effects people can be different as well. Celiac dot com might have some helpful information. Here’s one experience I found with a quick search of gluten detox symptoms.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I have only been a week and a half without trying anything with gluten in an effort to improve my digestive problems and to my surprise I do not feel much better, rather I have cold symptoms day after day. I have a lot of mucus and sneezing.

Obviously I don't have a cold, in fact in the part of Spain where I live we are at 30° celsius.

It may be related to quitting gluten or nothing to do with it, I've looked for a bit of information about gluten detoxification symptoms but not too much information appears.
What did you replace it with?

Judd Crane

People don't get viral infections in Spain?

It could be withdrawal effects as gluten can be degraded into morphine-like substances called exorphins.

OP
V

Vins7

Of course, we get it, we aren't superheroes.
Today's temperature here is 32 degrees Celsius

I'm fact, my doctor checked me a few hours ago and says it must be a common flu.

Z

Zsazsa

Gluten puts lots of pressure on the immune system. Your flu probably benefited from the sudden imbalance.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals