What's the word on the street about Gluten these days?

AnonE

Curious what Peat proponents think about Gluten. Most everything I find about Gluten online seems to range from 'mildly harmful' to 'cut this out and it will change your life'.

Here's a fairly level headed video I found on the topic:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0La27FNrA4

Personally, as far as I can tell, I do well on white bread, nice and simple carbs that are easy to digest, and dips well in other things I like, such as yogurt, or meat sauces. I don't mind a rye or other more 'complex' bread with a good sandwich, assuming all ingredients are decent. But am I leaving health benefits on the table by not cutting out Gluten?

What's the 'Peat' view here?

EDIT - the real interesting discussion is, if gluten is bad, what's worse? PUFA or Gluten? I think they're interesting to compare because they both have graphs like this, where they go 'up and to the right' and correlate with bad health outcomes on a population-wide level, at least in the developed world. Though now that I look at the two sample graphs (first one from the video), arguably the PUFA one is much more telling...

But does this exonerate Gluten? I just find it interesting that so much Gluten science and theories can be presented, fairly convincingly, with links to chronic health issues. However my background in Peat-related topics leads me to think that PUFA is way bigger of an issue. So would love to hear your thoughts!

1628198072183.png

1628198125557.png

Last edited:
My gluten intolerance turned into full-on diagnosed Celiac after rounds and rounds of the evil Cipro. I am gluten free now again after trying to " fix it " .

Lots of info on Google- it is an antibiotic. I am allergic to penicillin and sulpha so I was given Cipro too many times.

Ben.

Peat is not a fan of starches in general. Mostly because of presorption i think and feeding gut bacteria. If there needs to be starches, the recommendation would be nixtamalized corn, potatoes or white rice but many on this forum will ask why you would choose inferior carbs when theres fruits/fruit juices.

Imo a healthy person should be able to handle gluten containing foods in "reasonable" amounts. If you can source it, full on organic sourddough bread would be better if its a staple for you, gluten is already taken care of to a degree by the fermentation process, nutrients/proteins are more biovaible... but as with all things, what works for one person, doesn't need to work for others.

Gluten is just yet another scapegoat for a poisioned world, horrible food production practices and a man made world full of stress imo. Reacting horribly to gluten containing food raises the question as to why the person has it in the first place.

It seems to me in all chronic aillments we ask the wrong questions.
It shoudln't be : "is gluten bad"" but it should be "why?" "why do i not tolerate it anymore out of the blue?" "why can't i eat it at all ?" "why does my body overreact to this so bad?" "why is my digistion/microbiome messed up".

Thats just my 2 cents.

amd

RP baked bread in the past and let it sit for a longer time than most commercial products.

But in interviews he doesn't agree with eating bread, especially commercial bread.

Keep in mind that there are all kinds of wheat hybrids, crossed for the benefit of the producer, not the consumer.

Producers like varieties that provide two harvests (crossing domestic with wild varieties), but have no idea how gluten or other components are changed in a negative way.

You could say the same about rice or cows.

Birdie

RP baked bread in the past and let it sit for a longer time than most commercial products.

But in interviews he doesn't agree with eating bread, especially commercial bread.

Keep in mind that there are all kinds of wheat hybrids, crossed for the benefit of the producer, not the consumer.

Producers like varieties that provide two harvests (crossing domestic with wild varieties), but have no idea how gluten or other components are changed in a negative way.

You could say the same about rice or cows.
Yes, and I'm always surprised at the absolute ignorance of people who think the "bread" we find on the shelves today is actually the same bread people ate a hundred years ago. Jokes like this:

Over 5,000 years of bread,

(photo of breads sold today)

and in less than a decade, everyone is allergic to gluten.

Jon2547

Some commercial wheat breads have another problem as well. The wheat is sprayed with glyphosate after harvesting because glyphosate works to dry it out and prevent mold. Glyphosate is a devious chemical that should have never ever been used as it harms a man's body in many ways.

If one were to start googling, he will see that there are agents deployed to the internet to make it seem like glyphosate is no harm at all and that the use by farmers for drying wheat and oats is not a big deal at all.

keep in mind that big Agriculture corporations have troll farms. Troll farms are people paid to scour the internet looking for discussions about their harmful chemicals and then to post rebuttals using specious math and figures to make it seem like their chemicals, emfs, vaccines, etc are all safe and nothing to be concerned about.

K

Kayaker

If you're unable to obtain fruit or sugar like if you're outside of home and you suffer from hunger or low blood sugar, then gluten-containing starches would be preferable to not eating, if you don't have a bad reaction to it. If you do, then it's a question of whether the stress from insufficient nutrient intake or negative reaction to the food is more harmful.

I had to eat "normal" food on an occassion. I had indigestion, diarrhea, and stomach pain. I discovered undigested tomatos in my stool. Something irritated my intestine and caused serotonin release, which sped intestinal transit.

JamesGatz

The Word on the Street is gluten is the good stuff - my street pharmacist says so- I MEAN gluten ? pshhh never heard of it i hear that it's bad or whatever

Daniil

I also think that the problems with wheat and other cereals are caused by the damn glyphosate.

Ben.

I also think that the problems with wheat and other cereals are caused by the damn glyphosate.

How dare you ... obviously it is what doctors say: "you ate to much of it trough your life, you developed sensitivity or allergy to it. The skin allergy test says so. Stop eating wheat, there are glutenfree alternatives. That will be 200 dollars! Have a good day".

Daniil

Add: sourdough bread should be better because bacteria decompose glyphosate. I also don't trust organic food producers.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals