New Here. Issues I'm Trying To Address

Graeme

Hello I'm new here I'm part way through reading Kate Deerings book .
I'm male 47 years old train bjj 3 to 4 times a week.
I suffer from painful joints have trouble getting deep restful sleep I usually wake twice a night for a toilet visit, I am quite an anxious person, have stomach issues when I eat sugar.
So far I have cut out gluten and as much refined sugar as possible for now although I do eat a small amount of high quality chocolate daily (high cocoa 75% and up) . I'm including more coconut oil in my diet may drink a san pelgrino can a day (lemon one has less additives ) am having a carrot salad a day. Am shopping for better quality meats when possible however it is not always possible should I avoid regular supermarkets meat if I cannot get grass fed. Also including 4 scoops of great lakes collagen a day however I may have to change brand as its expensive
Took my morning temperature this morning using a geratherm and had a reading of 97.4 after 5 min under my arm pit..
Are there any blood tests I should get done, I'm in UK and Dr's not very good here so was thinking of some of these test at home postal kits.
Also anything that stands out in my observations symptoms I need to include more calorie dense foods but am lacking ideas as I'm avoiding gluten.

Last edited:
OP
G

Graeme

Ten minutes and still the same reading, I have now doused thermometer in cold water for 19 mins to ensure it is not stuck .
Now having a small lunch of 2 oyster carrot salad with coconut oil some raw samphire then gonna follow it with orange juice and ice cream then take another reading

Possibly having problems with my thermometer,

Last edited:

mmb82

I suffer from painful joints have trouble getting deep restful sleep I usually wake twice a night for a toilet visit, I am quite an anxious person, have stomach issues when I eat sugar.

To me, this sounds like iron overload and calcium issues, especially the joint pain.

Do you currently take any supplements? Do you log your food or know how many calories you eat? What does your diet look like at the moment in general, i.e. do you eat meat daily, do you consume dairy, are you mostly eating starches and no fruit?

Low body temperatures can sometimes be brought up by eating enough/more. Even if avoiding gluten, there should be plenty of calorie-dense foods you can eat. I like buckwheat cereal in the morning as a non-gluten option. Steamed white, unenriched rice (Jasmine) is cheap and fairly calorie-dense, especially if you top it with butter or some kind of sauce to give it flavor. Same with potatoes, whether sweet potatoes or regular potatoes. You mentioned that sugar upsets your stomach, but you mention drinking OJ and eating ice cream, so I will go ahead and recommend some high calorie foods that are higher in sugar. Replacing some of your non-calorie liquids with orange juice or organic grape juice can bring calories up. Dried fruits like dates, raisins, apricots, prunes, figs, etc. are all great low volume, high calorie options. Bananas are another cheap, low volume fruit option that is easy to over-consume.

As for sleep, I would try to get some combination of topical/transdermal and oral magnesium at night before bed. This may help relax you so that you sleep through the night. Also, night waking, especially to pee, typically has to do with fluctuating blood sugar levels. Some people recommend eating enough food before bed to keep blood sugar stable throughout the night, but I noticed improved sleep upon supplementing with topical magnesium and taking vitamin K2.

I want to recommend more things for you to try than just eating more and using magnesium at night, but having answers to the above questions will help me and other forum members think of additional things you can experiment with.

raypeatclips

Get your vitamin D tested before anything IMO. Medichecks and blood tests direct are both UK blood test suppliers I have used and are good. If you have low vitamin D and dont address it you'll just be running round in circles trying many different foods and supplements not know why nothing works.

OP
G

Graeme

I've come from a low carb background and have ate meat most meals,I was assuming aching joints was from possible gluten passing through my stomach, I'm attempting to add some sugary foods such as ice cream orange juice and marmalade but I do get lots of gurgling noises in my stomach. Let's see if I get any pain or discomfort.
Currently supplementing with Zma and vitamin D3 at 3000 to 6000 iu, day.
Not currently logging food or tracking calories.

Such Vitamin D3 check is best to get

Last edited:

raypeatclips

I've come from a low carb background and have ate meat most meals,I was assuming aching joints was from possible gluten passing through my stomach, I'm attempting to add some sugary foods such as ice cream orange juice and marmalade but I do get lots of gurgling noises in my stomach. Let's see if I get any pain or discomfort.
Currently supplementing with Zma and vitamin D3 at 3000 to 6000 iu, day.
Not currently logging food or tracking calories.

Such Vitamin D3 check is best to get

How long have you being taking that amount of D? I'd personally want to know what my D levels were before supplementing, even 6k can be a lot if your levels are good. People report issues from taking D without enough A, K and calcium so I'd watch that.

Get whatever is the cheapest test. Medichecks is about £39 I think and blood tests direct about £29. Other people do them but I haven't tried them. The whole process was about twice as fast with Medichecks so depends how tight on cash you are versus speed of wanting results.

OP
G

Graeme

So I've ordered the Vitamin D3 test kit, and have not took any supplemental D3 for the past 2 days how many days should I wait before taking the sample for the test.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals