gall bladder

robertf

My ayurveda experiment is over.

It was a partial success but also a failure in that - here I am.

They did seem to nail down the nature of the problem which was a type of air imbalance where the lower colon has too much air element and it exerts upward force on the entire rest of the digestive tract - so the working theory is that this could be the cause of my gall bladder /stones problem.

I bailed on Peat diet last tme because of too much animal products. I do like some, but too much is too much.

I just read a post here about getting the liver in order with more protein, choline and something else can't remember. I think what I need is stuff to keep the bile soluble and also to dissolve what's in there, I have the bile stimulant part down and usually try to avoid any bitters and too much fat unless I'm doing a flush.

So I have endless bloating in the intestines, gall stasis, worms every 6 months or so - passed some monsters this year. Too much body heat (probably liver heat) even though I'm borderline hypothyroid still though I can usually maintain proper body temp.

I went back to beets and soaked them in horseradish/vinegar paste ... gall bladder attack. Vinegar seems to worsen my gallbladder situation a lot.

still doing liver flushes, but something never seems to empty enough either from my liver or gallbladder.

Good things from ayurveda were to avoid beans, cook everything well done, and avoid certain fruits and vegetables which all help to manage the bloating problems but it would be nice to lick the problem.

Edit: I thought I would mention this since people here are interested in thyroid function...

This goes back many years when I started taking iodine and selenium. Both would give me some strong reactions if I took too much, iodine would make me feel wired and selenium felt sort of good at very low doses as if it was helping in the t3 conversion process but I could never take more than about 5-10mcg comfortably - maybe it felt like it was stressing my adrenals or something. Anyway I've gone on and off those supplements for years and years and it seems every time I go back to it after some healing has taken place I can take more and more comfortably. Last attempt I was able to take 200mcg selenium which is what 'normal' people are supposed to be able to handle and I took a f-load of lugol's with it. Probably brazil nuts are better to do slow and steady, I don't eat much seafood.

Also I made a lot of progress with my lower back, it looks like it is strongly correlated to intestinal problems and nightshades, so dealing with those I'm almost pain free even though the vertebrae likely are not healed yet.

Suikerbuik

I'd not dare to put my money on internal gases, but stasis of the liver. Acid and fat forces to contract the liver and tend to aggravate these issues.

Liver flushes are a major distress and I don't believe in those. They are more likely to just upset your intestinal environment.. Compromised intestinal enviroment is a MAJOR burden to a liver. The histamine, serotonin, nitric oxide, endotoxin make you feel like pseudohot (an uncomfortable form). While in fact you are hypothyroid.

Focus on getting the right amount of nutrients, but remind that "One man's food is another man's poison". It's not what you take in, but what you take up in terms of availability. As an example the nuts, brazils, are not unlikely to contribute to your feeling. Iodine and selenium are the nutrients I'd not readily supplement without a plan. There are wayy more important nutrients.

Take the animal proteins you digest, broth with salt is great for strengthening your system. Steady supply of carbs is likely to help your issue. Though, to much starch will aggravate it.

OP
R

robertf

Thanks for the ideas.

I didn't want to write a novel so the information I posted was grossly oversimplified in terms of ayurveda - and not that I'm pushing that idea because it hasn't really panned out, but...

The exact term they used was called udana vata, a subdosha of vata - vata imbalance pretty much encompasses the entire range of hypothyroidism. The corrective diet might sound familiar:

butter, milk, salt, sweet fruits, shellfish, chicken liver, certain cooked vegetables, certain spices. Grains and pufa oils diverge from RP but there is a considerable amount of crossover.

I can't disagree about the liver flushes, they suck. I have not figured out how to correct the problem so it's' down to keeping up with them or surgery.

I am going to try the Thiroyd again and stick with it for at least 2-3 weeks to give it a fair shake.

Carbs do help. I learned some good starch tricks in ayurveda like making congee or eating rice fresh out of the pot and was able to eat certain forms of wheat.

The only supplements that I keep coming back to just from a visceral level are iodine, boron and selenium, everything else winds up in the vitamin graveyard basket. Selenium feels like it is driving whatever hormones I am making naturally, deeper in. Maybe wishful thinking, but it might be slowly clearing some thyroid pathways. I did not mention that I have a serious mercury problem and selenium is a good displacer of it. Saunas help a lot and I'm making steady progress across the board with sweating.

I am painfully aware of the intestinal burden - not my first rodeo, it's been a nightmare for a long time learning to deal with massive toxicity in the small intestine. Carrot salads, yea they're good, actually irritating at times unless my gut is empty, but I'm pessimistic about them knowing what a mess my gut is. It was a little weird seeing videos where Ray claims to have cured ALS, Cancer, and then all he says is eat carrot salad to improve gut endotoxins.

I Read about 20 forum pages today and a few hours more of Ray videos.

Planning on trying tinned mussels or oysters for selenium, never had either before from a can.

It looks like Ray's solution for the gall bladder is the thyroid; this is not a new idea for me by any means, just have not been able to resolve that one either but I have made a lot of progress with body temp, circulation, cognitive advances, and a lot of functional thyroid symptoms - none have helpd the gallstones / bile though.

Drinking milk now without boiling it no problems, small victories.

Peata

I noticed my gallbladder problems worsened in relation to where I was in menstrual cycle = estrogen.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals