Frequent Urinating And Excessive Thirst

catan

I've noticed that my step child (almost 9 years old) is always thirsty and drinks a lot of water, and uses the bathroom a lot. There have been times where she doesn't get to the bathroom in time.

She does not eat meat, and her diet consists of tofu, processed vegetarian products, 2% milk, cheese, bread products, fruit (bananas, apples, oranges).

She has trouble falling asleep and occasionally takes melatonin.

What do you make of this, and how can I help her?

gately

I've noticed that my step child (almost 9 years old) is always thirsty and drinks a lot of water, and uses the bathroom a lot. There have been times where she doesn't get to the bathroom in time.

She does not eat meat, and her diet consists of tofu, processed vegetarian products, 2% milk, cheese, bread products, fruit (bananas, apples, oranges).

Have you taken her to a pediatrician to rule out anything serious, such as type one diabetes?

poilochio

Please have her checked out for typ 1 diabetes. Im typ 1 and had those symptoms.

T

TheBeard

I had that issue when my SIBO was at its worst for 2 reasons:
- the bacteria load in the small intestine prevented me from absorbing salt and water
- the bacteria endotoxins was putting a load on my liver and was therefore creating diabetes symptoms

OP
C

catan

Have you taken her to a pediatrician to rule out anything serious, such as type one diabetes?

Not yet. It does not seem she has these symptoms all day, and no other noticeable symptoms. Most noticeably before bed, she may urinate every half hour until she falls asleep. Also her parents haven't noticed to be a problem, perhaps now being summer and hot and she's just drinking lots of water. I have heard excessive thirst and frequent urination being symptoms of type 1 diabetes which came to my mind when I heard her say she's thirsty all the time.

OP
C

catan

I had that issue when my SIBO was at its worst for 2 reasons:
- the bacteria load in the small intestine prevented me from absorbing salt and water
- the bacteria endotoxins was putting a load on my liver and was therefore creating diabetes symptoms

How did you know it was SIBO?

T

TheBeard

How did you know it was SIBO?

Years of being aware of every single symptom in my body, and symptom removal upon antibiotic treatment.
Nothing else than empirical experimentation will help you diagnose SIBO, tests are bogus and give as many false positives as false negatives

Ableton

Had the same when I was on my way to becoming diabetic. Switched from water to juices (in absence of pufa ofc) and my symptoms are gone.
Also had a similar diet and introduced more meat and fish

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals