Estrogen - Alternative Approaches To Lower It

dookie

Besides the main Peat strategies for lowering estrogen (progesterone, thyroid, aspirin, MB, cypro, carrot, OJ, vitamins A, E.....) has anyone found any interesting or new ways to lower the estrogen associated symptoms, like edema, etc?

lampofred

Undereating severely worsens my estrogenic symptoms, but the less I eat the worse my appetite gets, so it's a vicious cycle.

Wagner83

It's a main strategy but you did not mention it, white button mushrooms extract. Digestion and sleep are important (of course).

Regina

Undereating severely worsens my estrogenic symptoms, but the less I eat the worse my appetite gets, so it's a vicious cycle.
I'm the same way. The less I eat, the worse my appetite.
It was always like that. I just thought I was 'not a foodie.' Less motivated by food than my peers.
But now I see the problem of people who pride themselves on not needing to eat. For example, some one I used to train with is now a teacher and I ran into him Friday.
Everything about this person seems like high cortisol, high estrogen, high serotonin, fibrosis, rigid thinking. But super nice guy!! nonetheless undermining his well-being with misguided notions about eating.
After training we briefly went to a bar to catch up. I came prepared. I had a chilled red bull and two cheese sticks in my car. He and the other guys ordered ONLY plain scotch.
This is after intensive training. No sugar, no dinner, not even water. Just a couple of scotches.

OP
D

dookie

That's really interesting. So would fasting increase estrogen? It's weird because I would imagine that when people don't eat, they become extremely skinny and emaciated, with no edema, but maybe that's not the case?

Maybe @haidut can chime in

haidut

Forum Supporter
That's really interesting. So would fasting increase estrogen? It's weird because I would imagine that when people don't eat, they become extremely skinny and emaciated, with no edema, but maybe that's not the case?

Yes, fasting increases estrogen, cortisol, adrenaline, prolactin, and serotonin. Unless it is a brief and one-off thing like skipping a meal I do not think fasting has much benefit.

Ron J

It's a main strategy but you did not mention it, white button mushrooms extract. Digestion and sleep are important (of course).
How many white (button) mushrooms would I have to eat to replace the carrot salad and lower estrogen?

Wagner83

I think you can experiment with cooking a lot of them (150 grams? more?) for 3 hours and drink the juice(so don't use too much water in the first place), then use the mushrooms as a salad over two days, but you'll need to experiment. If anything the combination of the wbm and the extract should be more potent than the raw carrot salad given that is has the same value (fibers cleaning us from the inside) as well as the anti aromatase properties.

Ron J

I think you can experiment with cooking a lot of them (150 grams? more?) for 3 hours and drink the juice(so don't use too much water in the first place), then use the mushrooms as a salad over two days, but you'll need to experiment. If anything the combination of the wbm and the extract should be more potent than the raw carrot salad given that is has the same value (fibers cleaning us from the inside) as well as the anti aromatase properties.
Has peat mentioned the minimum amount of fiber for its cleansing properties? Which extract do you recommend?

Regina

Yes, fasting increases estrogen, cortisol, adrenaline, prolactin, and serotonin. Unless it is a brief and one-off thing like skipping a meal I do not think fasting has much benefit.
When someone is in this condition, they are least interested in hearing any suggestions. (in my experience, anyways)

lampofred

When someone is in this condition, they are least interested in hearing any suggestions. (in my experience, anyways)

Yes, it's so frustrating. The ones who need help the most are the ones who are the most stubborn in refusing it.

lampofred

Lack of food increases adrenaline and cortisol to maintain blood sugar, cortisol dissolves muscles and increases serotonin, serotonin increases cortisol even more in a feedback loop. And all three increase aromatase thereby increasing estrogen. And the high estrogen increases prolactin, which in turn increases serotonin by inhibiting dopamine. But once serotonin is high, your appetite is shot. Repeat cycle.

Regina

Lack of food increases adrenaline and cortisol to maintain blood sugar, cortisol dissolves muscles and increases serotonin, serotonin increases cortisol even more in a feedback loop. And all three increase aromatase thereby increasing estrogen. And the high estrogen increases prolactin, which in turn increases serotonin by inhibiting dopamine. But once serotonin is high, your appetite is shot. Repeat cycle.
It sounds so horrible. :nailbiting:

Wagner83

Has peat mentioned the minimum amount of fiber for its cleansing properties? Which extract do you recommend?
I don't know. By extract I mean if you lightly boil them in a pan with lid for 3 hours and can then drink the juice, that's what I call the extract.

AmishMechanic

Besides the main Peat strategies for lowering estrogen (progesterone, thyroid, aspirin, MB, cypro, carrot, OJ, vitamins A, E.....) has anyone found any interesting or new ways to lower the estrogen associated symptoms, like edema, etc?
DIM Detox from Pure Encapsulations. It is reported to decrease E2. Within three days, my adult acne was dramatically clearer and my pattern has been associated with my monthly cycle, so, maybe it's helping decrease E2 for me? I have been taking two capsules a day and my face has stayed clear. No more of those deep spongy boils. I did not change anything else I was doing.

Waynish

Getting sun and eating often (of things that don't cause energy dips or make you cold).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals