Drugs Agonist On All Dopamine Receptors

M

member 6316

Hello, I'm looking for a drug that is an agonist on all dopamine receptors (see Dopamine receptor - Wikipedia) with a decent half-life. I can't seem to find any that does.

Pramipexole acts on d2,d3 and d4 with decent affinity ( Pramipexole - Wikipedia ). But I don't know where to get one that acts on D1 and D5. I found one Dihydrexidine - Wikipedia which acts as an agonist on D1 and D5 which would be perfect in combination with pramipexole. But I think it has a short half - life (5 mins Effects of the full dopamine D1 receptor agonist dihydrexidine in Parkinson's disease. - PubMed - NCBI). There seem to be a few that acts on D1 but nothing for D5.

Last edited by a moderator:

lampofred

Gelatin will probably have the effect you're looking for.

Frankdee20

Gelatin will probably have the effect you're looking for.

Why would Gelatin do this ? I thought it just supplies Glycine, and low Tryptophan. All that does is lower Serotonin, and potentiate the Glycine/NMDA receptor, ACTING AS EXCITOTORY/INHIBITORY.

lampofred

Why would Gelatin do this ? I thought it just supplies Glycine, and low Tryptophan. All that does is lower Serotonin, and potentiate the Glycine/NMDA receptor, ACTING AS EXCITOTORY/INHIBITORY.

Saying he wants something that will agonize all dopamine receptors is just another way to saying he wants more dopamine. Serotonin and dopamine have an inverse relationship. Lowering serotonin will raise dopamine, plus I remember several of his posts from a while ago, and I think he is looking more for something that will lower cortisol as opposed to something that is stimulating (although I could be wrong). Gelatin doesn't directly raise dopamine like drugs do, but it is probably one of the most powerful things that reduces all things that reduce dopamine (serotonin, cortisol), so it indirectly is broadly dopaminergic and is also antiestrogenic, pro-androgens by lowering free fatty acids.

I think it's a similar but safer version of nicotine and niacinamide.

Curiousman

300mg of B6

OP
M

member 6316

I just realized SELANK is a dopamine 5 agonist-

Sativa

The quickest & easiest way would be to use something to increase dopamine levels in the synapse, such as a Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor (DRI).
Alternatively, use an MAO (A or B) enzyme inhibitor, dopamine is metabolised by both types.

There are many botanical DRI's and MAOI's.

MAOIs act by inhibiting the activity of monoamine oxidase, thus preventing the breakdown of monoamine neurotransmittersand thereby increasing their availability.

There are two isoforms of monoamine oxidase, MAO-A and MAO-B.

MAO-A preferentially deaminates serotonin, melatonin, epinephrine, and norepinephrine.
MAO-B preferentially deaminates phenethylamine and certain other trace amines; in contrast, MAO-A preferentially deaminates other trace amines, like tyramine, whereas dopamine is equally deaminated by both types.
src: wikipédia

OP
M

member 6316

The quickest & easiest way would be to use something to increase dopamine levels in the synapse, such as a Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor (DRI).
Alternatively, use an MAO (A or B) enzyme inhibitor, dopamine is metabolised by both types.

There are many botanical DRI's and MAOI's.

src: wikipédia
MAO inhibitors are useless if your body produces little dopamine. Tyrosine converts to L dopa which converts to dopamine and so on, but the genes that control the conversion can decide how much is being converted, so if you genetically convert little of the amino acids precursors to dopamine then inhibiting the MAO won't make much difference since you aren't producing much dopamine anyway which gets broken down by MAO. I took nardil and I felt it helping only slightly by 15% give or take. That is because I produce little dopamine to begin with. But if you take a dopamine receptor agonist, the drug mimics the dopamine at the receptors and works the same and potently even if you produce little dopamine. Same with Adderall, which makes dopamine more available, so if a person produces little dopamine - not much effect. but a person that produces much dopamine naturally will have a stronger reaction since they'll have more dopamine not being broken down anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sativa

Cool, well the biochemical dynamics at play regarding dopamine, and the Dopamine system is a bit more complex than this. Since everything is interconnected, its easy to focus to much on one set of dynamics and loose sight on others.

There are ciubtlesc nuances ... eg Short and Long Dopamine receptors, glutamate involvement, muscarinic / nicotinic involvement... etc etc. Oversimplification leads to drastic loss of context.

golder

what would safest combination to agonise the full range of dopamine receptors 1 through to 5?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals