Dopamine D2-like Receptor Agonists Accelerate Barrier Repair And Inhibit The Epidermal Hyperplasia I

paymanz

Dopamine D2-like receptor agonists accelerate barrier repair and inhibit the epidermal hyperplasia induced by barrier disruption. - PubMed - NCBI

Abstract

Two families of G protein-coupled receptors of the neurotransmitter dopamine, i.e., dopamine 1-like family (D1-like receptor) and dopamine 2-like family (D2-like receptor), show dopaminergic activity in nerve cells. The D2-like receptor family, composed of D2, D3, and D4 receptors, downregulates the intracellular cAMP signaling pathway, and dopamine receptor agonists reduce the cAMP level in neurons. We previously demonstrated that the cAMP level in epidermal keratinocytes is related to epidermal barrier homeostasis. Since keratinocytes are known to carry various neurotransmitter receptors, we hypothesized that D2-like receptors on keratinocytes might be related to skin barrier homeostasis. In this study, we examined the effect of topical application of receptor agonists and antagonists on skin barrier recovery after barrier disruption. Application of D2-like receptor agonists accelerated barrier recovery, whereas D2-like receptor antagonists delayed it. D2-like receptor agonists also reduced the epidermal hyperplasia induced by barrier disruption under low environmental humidity. Immunohistochemical study and RT-PCR analysis revealed the expression of the D2 receptor in the basal epidermis and the D4 receptor in the uppermost layer of the epidermis. These results suggest that dopaminergic receptors are involved in epidermal barrier homeostasis.

golder

Haven't had the chance to try metergoline. But lisuride is very safe. Don't combine with methylene blue, not nice.
Oh ***t, was about to try it tomorrow, which would’ve included MB which I take in the morning. What’s wrong with the two together?

Rasaari

Oh ***t, was about to try it tomorrow, which would’ve included MB which I take in the morning. What’s wrong with the two together?
Lisuride has some agonism on some serotonin receptors and MB is mao-a inhibitor so the combination can be serotonic. I accidentally took lisuride even though I had taken MB earlier, got quite anxious and first didn't realize why I felt so anxious for no reason. When I realized I went to pharmacy to buy some famotidine, which helped. I later tried again to make sure it was the combination, and it was. But I used at the time larger doses of MB, if you stay under, say 1mg, I don't think there's gonna be a problem.