Drinking Just 3 Beer Makes Me Extremely Anxious

X3CyO

Are gruit and sahti not estrogenic? Thanks for the suggestions man!

Wine always makes me tired and bored for some reason!! Lol

Yeah you gotta look into it. Maybe just infuse your own stuff. Ive definitely thought about it; just grab some vodka maybe throw some cinnamon sticks in there, etc. let it sit on the shelf.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Yeah you gotta look into it. Maybe just infuse your own stuff. Ive definitely thought about it; just grab some vodka maybe throw some cinnamon sticks in there, etc. let it sit on the shelf.
So Sahti contains no hops?

bionicheart

Hey there. I have noticed that everytime I have drank about 3 beers, I will start feeling extremely anxious and paranoid, and my energy starts to become lower, where as my energy was high with the first 2 beers. Also a low grade headache will slowly creep in while sleeping. Also, with sleep I have this very superficial non-refreshing sleep with paranoid dreams one would associate with estrogen perhaps as well. A headache and lowered immune system also follows while time passes since the consumption of the 3 beers and I now actually have a strep throat.

Does anyone recognize this, is it too much estrogen or serotonin? Or both?

Thanks!
The exact same thing happens to me, even with white or red wine--same effects. I switched to clear rum and Coca-Cola and I can drink 3 and feel great and energized. I am prone to anxiety so I think eating before and taking B vitamins like B1 (I take 300-400mg 30mins-to 1 hour before drinking) and maybe 100-200mg of riboflavin, to prevent headaches later in the evening.
so if you want to drink, maybe try rum/coke since it's made from sugar and more peat friendly....
but I think it does have to do with glycogen stores too, so I make sure to get a decent amount of protein with about a tablespoon of butter or even just some cheese to kind of "coat" my stomach so it's less likely to get irritated later. but alcohol in general, is estrogenic, which I think causes the headaches in my case. Good luck to you!

OP
T

TreasureVibe

vodka/soju > other spirits > wine > beer

Not sure where sake fits in.
Thanks!!

The exact same thing happens to me, even with white or red wine--same effects. I switched to clear rum and Coca-Cola and I can drink 3 and feel great and energized. I am prone to anxiety so I think eating before and taking B vitamins like B1 (I take 300-400mg 30mins-to 1 hour before drinking) and maybe 100-200mg of riboflavin, to prevent headaches later in the evening.
so if you want to drink, maybe try rum/coke since it's made from sugar and more peat friendly....
but I think it does have to do with glycogen stores too, so I make sure to get a decent amount of protein with about a tablespoon of butter or even just some cheese to kind of "coat" my stomach so it's less likely to get irritated later. but alcohol in general, is estrogenic, which I think causes the headaches in my case. Good luck to you!
Thanks man! Very interesting to hear that I am not the only one having this. As some people have suggested, distilling my own alcoholic beverage, moonshine, vodka, Soju, Gruit, Sahti, all sound like interesting alternatives too.

I will definitely keep in check what changes etc. I suspect it's glycogen and estrogen dominance. My liver is simply overflowed with estrogen that it cannot clear fast enough. Because niacinamide helps delay this effect for a couple of beers, and niacinamide is anti-estrogenic. All the best to you too!

mirc12354

Bump! What alcoholic beverages are the least estrogenic?
Most likely the most distilled ones, preferably not made from grains. Rum, schnapps made from fruits, gin...
Beer (the more hops the worse - with IPAs (5-10 times as much hops as lagers) being the worst) and red wine are worst offenders in my experience.

sladerunner69

Hey there. I have noticed that everytime I have drank about 3 beers, I will start feeling extremely anxious and paranoid, and my energy starts to become lower, where as my energy was high with the first 2 beers. Also a low grade headache will slowly creep in while sleeping. Also, with sleep I have this very superficial non-refreshing sleep with paranoid dreams one would associate with estrogen perhaps as well. A headache and lowered immune system also follows while time passes since the consumption of the 3 beers and I now actually have a strep throat.

Does anyone recognize this, is it too much estrogen or serotonin? Or both?

Thanks!

What have you been doing as far as dieting goes? Following Peat's advice for the most part?

sladerunner69

Agreed. Wine is certainly not the 'party drink' (even though after removing the bag of wine from a box Franzia™—this being the cheapest wine-in-a-box variety—you can drink out of it like an cow's udder reminiscent of Tom Green in that movie. You can even play the game we'd made up as a teenager called 'slap the bag,' which is not really a game per se but an excellent excuse for alcoholic debauchery—as the vast majority of drinking games really are (although, slapping the bag does have the function of increasing intrabagular pressure).).

Travis enjoys Tom Green?? You never cease to impress me. He's probably my favorite comedian of all time, but nothing I thought I would ever see discussed on this forum. Have you ever seen the awesome movie "freddy got fingered"? Such a treasure, and so misunderstood.

sladerunner69

Drink moonshine or vodka instead. Definitely a lot better than beer. Just drink sufficient water with it. And redbull. Tends to keep hangovers away personally.

If you gotta crack one open with the boys try maybe gruit/sahti if you're allergic to hops or something like that.

It could be a glycogen problem. But most people don't drink on an empty stomach, and usually eat with beer.

Smoking also helps with intestinal irritation if thats a problem. Might also be why a lot of heavy drinkers smoke.

Coffee would be a better option for that.

Where did you acquire the notion that smoking (cigarettes, pipe tobacco, or what?) would aid with gut irritation. Or coffee for that matter. Coffee irritating the gut and increasing serotonin is one of the most frequent concerns of coffee on this board.

Waynish

Doesn't happen with hard alcohols, does it? Probably yeast and/or gluten.

biffbelvin

Doesn't happen with hard alcohols, does it? Probably yeast and/or gluten.

I experience the exact same symptoms as the OP, regardless of the drink, so i don't think yeast/gluten is the issue. From my personal experience, I would rate alcohol as follows:
  1. Strong Beer/Cider (+7% ABV)
  2. Spirits
  3. Spirit & Mixers
  4. Lager
  5. Ale
  6. Cider
I'm not fond of wine, so I couldn't rate it.

I've spoken to a number of diabetics who've said that they experience the exact same symptoms, so i'm sure that it's an issue with blood sugar/insulin/cortisol.

Over the last 3 months my general health has improved (for a number of reasons) and I've found drinking small amounts of alcohol to be less troublesome, particularly if i'm having a 'good' day.

Paranoid after drinking sounds like excess prolactin.

What do you do to get rid of that?

Work on boosting dopamine, it will prevent prolactin excess. Also worth looking in to herbs like vitex or st john's wort which may contribute to lowering prolactin levels.

Travis

Travis enjoys Tom Green?? You never cease to impress me. He's probably my favorite comedian of all time, but nothing I thought I would ever see discussed on this forum. Have you ever seen the awesome movie "freddy got fingered"? Such a treasure, and so misunderstood.

I haven't seen it, but I do remember a few scenes from the previews. I am convinced that the comedy movie of all time is Airplane!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals