Drinking Just 3 Beer Makes Me Extremely Anxious

TreasureVibe

Hey there. I have noticed that everytime I have drank about 3 beers, I will start feeling extremely anxious and paranoid, and my energy starts to become lower, where as my energy was high with the first 2 beers. Also a low grade headache will slowly creep in while sleeping. Also, with sleep I have this very superficial non-refreshing sleep with paranoid dreams one would associate with estrogen perhaps as well. A headache and lowered immune system also follows while time passes since the consumption of the 3 beers and I now actually have a strep throat.

Does anyone recognize this, is it too much estrogen or serotonin? Or both?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Tarmander

Probably liver related, running out of glycogen, low blood sugar etc.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

do you eat before drinking ?
I actually didn't ate alot at all before drinking, only 2 sandwiches.

Probably liver related, running out of glycogen, low blood sugar etc.
My hands were warm though as time passed and never went cold, not when waking up either.

There were times I did eat enough before drinking, but the point where these exact same symptoms would happen would not be 3 beers but for example 5 or 6 beers. Eating more on forehand only seems to prolong the tolerance of amount of beer before these symptoms start to show. What could this mean?

Travis

Perhaps you could try a real German one, like Beck's™, on account of the well-known anxyiolytic effect of hops.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Perhaps you could try a real German one, like Beck's™, on account of the well-known anxyiolytic effect of hops.

What would be the difference between a Beck's beer and a Heineken beer?

Have you tried drinking something like vodka instead? Beer bothered my gut which is clear by the beeriods I often had the following day. No issues with clear spirits.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Beeriod
I rarely have beeriods though. Vodka gives the same effects like the beer but with less estrogenic effects I think.

LOL

What do you expect something which contains ethanol ?
I don't know.. Years back I didn't have these effects as majorly as I have them now, especially the superficial sleep and paranoia.

Travis

Hey there. I have noticed that everytime I have drank about 3 beers, I will start feeling extremely anxious and paranoid, and my energy starts to become lower, where as my energy was high with the first 2 beers. Also a low grade headache will slowly creep in while sleeping. Also, with sleep I have this very superficial non-refreshing sleep with paranoid dreams one would associate with estrogen perhaps as well. A headache and lowered immune system also follows while time passes since the consumption of the 3 beers and I now actually have a strep throat.

Does anyone recognize this, is it too much estrogen or serotonin? Or both?

Thanks!
I think you should try straight-up ethanol next time to see what happens; we could then rule-out any peculiarities of beer. It has been shown that ethanol can decrease serotonin—initially, before the liver damage sets in—but since it's often mixed with sugar the actual drink can have the opposite effect.

tara

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I think you should try straight-up ethanol next time to see what happens; we could then rule-out any peculiarities of beer. It has been shown that ethanol can decrease serotonin—initially, before the liver damage sets in—but since it's often mixed with sugar the actual drink can have the opposite effect.
I will do this in an experiment.

Nothing?
That is, consider not doing it to yourself?
The funny thing is, my long and slender buddy who is an avid smoker and beer drinker, has none of these symptoms. Makes you think about your health.. I used to be able to drink beer without having these symptoms!

X3CyO

Drink moonshine or vodka instead. Definitely a lot better than beer. Just drink sufficient water with it. And redbull. Tends to keep hangovers away personally.

If you gotta crack one open with the boys try maybe gruit/sahti if you're allergic to hops or something like that.

It could be a glycogen problem. But most people don't drink on an empty stomach, and usually eat with beer.

Smoking also helps with intestinal irritation if thats a problem. Might also be why a lot of heavy drinkers smoke.

Coffee would be a better option for that.

Travis

I agree. I think a person should be consuming distilled alcohol or wine instead.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Drink moonshine or vodka instead. Definitely a lot better than beer. Just drink sufficient water with it. And redbull. Tends to keep hangovers away personally.

If you gotta crack one open with the boys try maybe gruit/sahti if you're allergic to hops or something like that.

It could be a glycogen problem. But most people don't drink on an empty stomach, and usually eat with beer.

Smoking also helps with intestinal irritation if thats a problem. Might also be why a lot of heavy drinkers smoke.

Coffee would be a better option for that.

Are gruit and sahti not estrogenic? Thanks for the suggestions man!

I agree. I think a person should be consuming distilled alcohol or wine instead.
Wine always makes me tired and bored for some reason!! Lol

Travis

Wine always makes me tired and bored for some reason!! Lol
Agreed. Wine is certainly not the 'party drink' (even though after removing the bag of wine from a box Franzia™—this being the cheapest wine-in-a-box variety—you can drink out of it like an cow's udder reminiscent of Tom Green in that movie. You can even play the game we'd made up as a teenager called 'slap the bag,' which is not really a game per se but an excellent excuse for alcoholic debauchery—as the vast majority of drinking games really are (although, slapping the bag does have the function of increasing intrabagular pressure).).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals