Does caffeine SERIOUSLY affecting me mean I have a lot of stress hormones?

Brandin

4oz cold brew before noon and I'm bouncing around and can't sleep.

I've normally been very sensitive to caffeine but even stronger recently.
Could just be that you had too little glycogen stored atm. Doesnt mean that your stress is very high. Now if eating low carbs is a habit then yes probably high stress.

Makrosky

Take it up the butt! I can't handle coffee drinking, but I handle it just fine as a coffee enema. I know not the most wonderful thing to do, but it gives more of a gentle energy boost that is not so depleting and is cleansing to the body.
coffe enemas are very good. Too bad they are so unconvenient to do.

OP
I

ironfist

It doesn't have to be the caffeine but can be other alkaloids on the coffee.

Yes after a stressful period the body is in a different state. Depleted and in a stress loop.

Anyway coffee/caffeine is a cheap stimulant. The slaves drug to be more productive and somehow happy.

I have gone about 2-3 months now without it and use it now only on special occasions.Like a drug.

I'll try to stay away from it as much as I can. It feels like getting out of a mental jail.

I find black tea much better. But it goes with the personality and the social circumstances. If I had to work like a donkey again I would have to go back to it.

Strange substance because it has a lot of beneficial compounds.

Strictly my personal point of view.
Agree.

I rarely drink coffee or caffeine. But I do like pumpkin coffee, and I drink 4oz or so in the morning sometimes on weekdays.

OP
I

ironfist

Diazepam can last in the body for up to 10 days, so once a week dosing would probably have a similar effect on the GABA system as being slightly drunk all the time. No wonder that the withdrawals can be so heavy.
Isn't diazepam's half life 48 hours? How does it last in the body for 10 days?

TheSir

Isn't diazepam's half life 48 hours? How does it last in the body for 10 days?
It takes several half lives to eliminate anything from your system. When benzo users taper with diazepam I recall that it will take them up to a week to see the effects of each cut.

redsun

4oz cold brew before noon and I'm bouncing around and can't sleep.

I've normally been very sensitive to caffeine but even stronger recently.
If you stick to caffeine for 7-9 days straight you will upregulate GABA receptors anyways. Its normal to get amped if you dont touch caffeine at all. But if even just a little caffeine before noon makes you way too amped and hard to sleep this indicates you are probably sympathetic dominant, high on catecholamines as it is. Your body probably lacks natural depressant chemicals that calm you down. GABA, acetylcholine, and serotonin all have these effects (serotonin does to some degree, too high has opposite effects though). Caffeine upregulates all of these receptors as well as adenosine receptors and downregulates beta receptors if you stick with it long enough.

OP
I

ironfist

If you stick to caffeine for 7-9 days straight you will upregulate GABA receptors anyways. Its normal to get amped if you dont touch caffeine at all. But if even just a little caffeine before noon makes you way too amped and hard to sleep this indicates you are probably sympathetic dominant, high on catecholamines as it is. Your body probably lacks natural depressant chemicals that calm you down. GABA, acetylcholine, and serotonin all have these effects (serotonin does to some degree, too high has opposite effects though). Caffeine upregulates all of these receptors as well as adenosine receptors and downregulates beta receptors if you stick with it long enough.
is that why some people who want coffee every morning are low on energy until they get it?

From what I understand, while your energy is normally a 7 out of 10 all day, if you drink coffee it temporarily boosts to an 8 or 9, and then drops to a 5. And if you drink caffeine normally, your new normal becomes a 5, and you need to drink caffeine just to get to a 7.

Is downregulate referring to making something less reactive?

redsun

is that why some people who want coffee every morning are low on energy until they get it?

From what I understand, while your energy is normally a 7 out of 10 all day, if you drink coffee it temporarily boosts to an 8 or 9, and then drops to a 5. And if you drink caffeine normally, your new normal becomes a 5, and you need to drink caffeine just to get to a 7.

Is downregulate referring to making something less reactive?
Once you adapt to caffeine you are obviously subject to withdrawals. However withdrawals only start give or take 12-24 hours after your last dose. But not everyone gets low energy from withdrawals. Most people get headaches, but some dont. Some get depressive or moody but this likely has to do with substances in coffee not just the caffeine. It also depends on how much caffeine you use as well.

Downregulated receptors means there are less receptors available for a substance to bind to. Meaning less activity of that substance. Beta receptors preferably bind epinephrine. Downregulated receptors means epinephrine will have less receptors to bind to.

artist

I can’t tolerate coffee very well at all most of the time but caffeine pills are fine. Worth checking if it’s actually the caffeine that is causing you problems. I prefer to keep caffeine to just 100mg first thing in the morning these days but if I really want to I can handle 400-500mg with no anxiety. Conversely a single cup of coffee will often have my clenching my jaw.

Vanset

It doesn't have to be the caffeine but can be other alkaloids on the coffee.

Yes after a stressful period the body is in a different state. Depleted and in a stress loop.

Anyway coffee/caffeine is a cheap stimulant. The slaves drug to be more productive and somehow happy.

I have gone about 2-3 months now without it and use it now only on special occasions.Like a drug.

I'll try to stay away from it as much as I can. It feels like getting out of a mental jail.

I find black tea much better. But it goes with the personality and the social circumstances. If I had to work like a donkey again I would have to go back to it.

Strange substance because it has a lot of beneficial compounds.

Strictly my personal point of view.
I agree. It tastes like 5hit as well to me unless you kill the taste with milk and/or sugar. One thing I don't miss.

AlaskaJono

I know folks who can't drink coffee because of 'stomach issues', but they drink lots of tea. Some drink a LOT of tea daily. Also I spent time in Argentina years ago and i found the Yerba Mate a smooth caffeine experience, meaning less jitzy than strong coffee, but long lasting as well. The Argies sip at it frequently in the day, and keep going into the night, so it works for them well. Just delineating that caffeine in various forms= black/green Tea, Coffee, and Maté, all have different effects. The caffeine is just one component, as there is theophyline, theobromine in Tea, and Mateine in yerba mate, etc.. So one could be very appropriate or useful and the others not.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals