I Feel Very LITTLE From Cyproheptadine

firebreather

It seems that I feel very little effect from cypro.

I can take 4mg and feel little to nothing. Sometimes it seems to help with sleep but by no means does it knock me out and sometimes it seems to make sleep worse whether I take a little or a lot.

Is this a sign that my stress hormones are just really high?

This is kind of typical for me with drugs and supplements though.

My feel are usually cold and I have a job that can be very stressful at night.

I haven't slept completely through the night in a few years and I often deal with frequent clear urination.

I recently tried some Mirtazapine. They are 45mg tablets so I took 1/4 before bed but I felt nothing. The next night I took half of a tablet. About 30 minutes after taking it I felt like I had a few drinks but it by no means knocked me out. I woke up 4 hours as usual but was able to eventually go back to sleep. I felt normal the next day.

I also feel pretty much nothing from thyroid. My pulse seems stuck and 70 and my temp around 97.8

For instance, just to check up on this theory I took 25mcg of Cytomel about 40 minutes ago and my pulse right now is 72.

Any help appreciated

Last edited:

Pet Peeve

I have used second generation anti-histamines for many years, and when I switched to cypro I was disappointed that it didn't work very well for allergies - practically no effect. Now, after taking it daily for a little over a month I think cypro is a whole level better than the second generation antihistamines for allergy control. When it comes to stresshormones it also took a while before it had a real effect, in the beginning I mostly got sleepy, but now it's like it removes all negativity and anxiety within half an hour after taking it.

OP
F

firebreather

I have used second generation anti-histamines for many years, and when I switched to cypro I was disappointed that it didn't work very well for allergies - practically no effect. Now, after taking it daily for a little over a month I think cypro is a whole level better than the second generation antihistamines for allergy control. When it comes to stresshormones it also took a while before it had a real effect, in the beginning I mostly got sleepy, but now it's like it removes all negativity and anxiety within half an hour after taking it.

How much do you take

Dragon

It seems that I feel very little effect from cypro.
------------
This is kind of typical for me with drugs and supplements though.
------------
I also feel pretty much nothing from thyroid. My pulse seems stuck and 70 and my temp around 97.8
------------
For instance, just to check up on this theory I took 25mcg of Cytomel about 40 minutes ago and my pulse right now is 72.
--------------
Any help appreciated

ohh, +1 for sure! :)

your self-description fits me EXACTLY.

I can take 75mcg of T3 and feel NOTHING.

My pulse is almost always 60-70. If I exert myself, it MIGHT go up to 80 or so, but mostly my heart just beats 'harder'. And my temps are chronically 96-97.

Also, I've been taking cypro for 2 wks now, 2mg morning and 2mg night...nada....feel nothing. Today I doubled dose to 4mg and will try that for a few days, but I already think I need 10x that because with the 4mg dose this morning I still felt nothing.

I may give my rat Georgi's Ritanserin research-chem instead of cypro and see how that goes. I don't like the anti-dopa aspect of cypro anyway, nor its heavy anti-H activity. I'd rather stay awake :) , and I personally feel that a -little- H in the system is a good 'steady state'.

Just today I noticed that area1255 is on this forum. I visited his website once and found a lot of useful info on histamine and other neurochems. My take-away from his info was that blocking histamine heavily is probably not a good thing.

thanks for starting this thread OP....as I said, your description of response to these 2 drugs, and general pulse/temp situation, mirrors mine exactly.

dragon

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals