Does Anyone Get ESR And Prolactin Regularly Tested?

ddjd

I just noted on some different blood tests results that the Prolactin results and ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) results seem to correlate together i.e. if prolcatin halves, then so does ESR.

Unfortunately i have to pay for my labs, but ESR is about 80% cheaper than prolactin tests. So i figured i could just get ESR tested from now on.

Could anyone else confirm this from their ESR and prolactin results over time? Maybe @Dan Wich ?

Dan W

That's pretty interesting, and I guess it makes sense.

I haven't ever tested ESR. I've done CRP, but never at the same time as prolactin, so it's hard to know if it correlates.

Luckytype

That's pretty interesting, and I guess it makes sense.

I haven't ever tested ESR. I've done CRP, but never at the same time as prolactin, so it's hard to know if it correlates.

Im an ex chronic exerciser, 33 male.

Just recently Ive learnedI have a bottom of range CRP but out of range high Prolactin.

I would assume they be positively correlated?

Luckytype

Yeah, that would've been my guess. But apparently I'd be wrong in your case.

To be frank i thought my crp was going to be pretty high. This is after more than a year of peatesque living though.

It would have been interesting to see it 2 years ago..but why would doctors ever test that in a young male

Dan W

It would have been interesting to see it 2 years ago..but why would doctors ever test that in a young male
Yeah, doing a before-and-after of my CRP at that exact same age was what convinced me Peat was on to something:
my-crp.png

Luckytype

Damn @Dan Wich, do you have other graphed stuff? Thats a pretty crazy improvement.

Another thought is maybe mine is on the way down? I wont know until its retested. My tsh is twice what it was a year ago (2.7x) and my t3/4 are lower. Who knows

Last edited:

Dan W

do you have other graphed stuff?
Here's the other ones that changed dramatically before-and-after Peat (first two points). Although as you can see I had trouble maintaining some of the initial benefits.
my-ldl.png

my-prolactin.png

my-triglycerides.png

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Are there any other blood test results that really do correlate?

Mito

Here's the other ones that changed dramatically before-and-after Peat (first two points). Although as you can see I had trouble maintaining some of the initial benefits.
my-ldl.png

my-prolactin.png

my-triglycerides.png
Is that some kind of software program you use to record and graph your blood tests? Or is it something you just created for yourself?

Luckytype

Are there any other blood test results that really do correlate?
I think the issue with trying to find immediate relationships is that with "by proxy" relationships its usually a function of time in weeks or months so id be willing to bet the relationship isnt immediately apparent

Dan W

Is that some kind of software program you use to record and graph your blood tests?
It's WellnessFX. The tracking is free in spite of them emphasizing the test purchases.

It's a bit of a hassle to enter all your values, but I've found it worth it because it brings out patterns you'd never see just looking at straight numbers. There's also InsideTracker that does something similar, and they'll automatically import your labs for you, but I don't think there's a way to use theirs without being a paying customer.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I think the issue with trying to find immediate relationships is that with "by proxy" relationships its usually a function of time in weeks or months so id be willing to bet the relationship isnt immediately apparent
Yeah there's people in the group that have been taking bloods for years so perfect for trying to find some correlations I thought

aquaman

To be frank i thought my crp was going to be pretty high. This is after more than a year of peatesque living though.

[cc @Dan Wich ]

I've got 2 results with CRP and Prolactin - over 1 year apart.

I got tested recently as I dropped all supplements, and wanted to see what would happen after a month. Dropping Thyroid has been bad, am restarting this week. I actually dropped Thyroid for a couple of months before the current test.

Past: CRP = 0.5, Prolactin = 10.5

Current: CRP = 4, prolactin = 11.5

So they don't seem to be related for me.

I don't know what I was doing when the first test was taken. From memory it was also when I dropped Thyroid for a while to see what would happen.

Need to work on dropping prolactin.

Koveras

I just noted on some different blood tests results that the Prolactin results and ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) results seem to correlate together i.e. if prolcatin halves, then so does ESR.

Unfortunately i have to pay for my labs, but ESR is about 80% cheaper than prolactin tests. So i figured i could just get ESR tested from now on.

Could anyone else confirm this from their ESR and prolactin results over time? Maybe @Dan Wich ?

ESR and prolactin are both increased by serotonin

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Can people start measuring their ESR please! its dirt cheap, 3 euros per test here in germany.

MigFon

I had borderline hyperprolactinemia and low ESR and after some lifestyle measures that cut the prolactin values in half I had exactly the same ESR value.

Cancer patients always have high ESR...
I had cancer and never had elevated ESR.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals