Do not buy Philips Respironics CPAP machines!

yerrag

Please read Your CPAP data is being held hostage - ACT NOW! | Apnea Board

Philips hate their customers and they just want your MONEY!
CPAP machines are another Rube Goldberg device the mainstream doctors love.

Low CO2 causes a lot of breathing problems. I know the solution to this. So should Ray Peat Forum members worth their salt.

Instead, a device that is devoid of anything to do with CO2 is being plugged. A Google query brings you further into this rabbit hole, with a wild goose chase to boot.

Often, you'll be shown a photo where you tonsils or some protrusion is obstructing your breathing - in your mouth! And to them, this is proof you need a CPAP machine.

If you'd known any better, you'd kick their rat's axsxs out of your home. Because you know you should be breathing with your nose, and your mouth is for eating and for talking.

But try saying to clueless friends and family, and nothing you say will get thru to their thick skull.

That's how we know COVID will stay because every minute a fool is born.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Phillips Respironics also recalled their original Dream Station CPAP because the sound abatement foam in the machines was breaking down and people were breathing it into their lungs. I personally saw the residue of the black foam accumulated around the air outlet on many Phillips machines. I worked in DME from 3/21-4/22 and the whole industry is a racket.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Would love to know of some examples. Had to look up what DME means
The DME companies dispense medical equipment and they need a respiratory therapist to set and dispense cpap and home ventilators. I did that for about a year hoping it would be better than hospital work but unfortunately it was worse in many ways.

Perry Staltic

The DME companies dispense medical equipment and they need a respiratory therapist to set and dispense cpap and home ventilators. I did that for about a year hoping it would be better than hospital work but unfortution nately it was worse in many ways.

I'm getting the impression the whole medical system is corrupt, from top to bottom. I went to the vet the other day and left with the impression that it's becoming the same. Young vet not long out of school; seems her racket is claiming every cat skin inflammation problem is caused by fleas ("It only takes one flea bite, and they really know how to hide"), but you can't find a flea on my cats. Every time she wants to give antibiotic and steroid injections, then hard sell a flea medicine without taking time to investigate what's actually causing the skin inflammation. Can't leave for less than about $200. Very frustrating. This time I said "no, I'll figure it out myself" and left.

yerrag

I'm getting the impression the whole medical system is corrupt, from top to bottom. I went to the vet the other day and left with the impression that it's becoming the same. Young vet not long out of school; seems her racket is claiming every cat skin inflammation problem is caused by fleas ("It only takes one flea bite, and they really know how to hide"), but you can't find a flea on my cats. Every time she wants to give antibiotic and steroid injections, then hard sell a flea medicine without taking time to investigate what's actually causing the skin inflammation. Can't leave for less than about $200. Very frustrating. This time I said "no, I'll figure it out myself" and left.
That is a good story. But I'll try to beat you with doctors that say my brother in law has hyperlipidemia just so they can prescribe statins to.him because he had a stroke.

But I looked at his lipid profile and nothing there indicates he has hyperlipidemia. And when asked why they're prescribing statins, they said the LDL has be a low low value especially after a stroke.

It's what a carpenter who only has a hammer does with everything he sees and keeps banging them into the wood.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yes, sadly this seems true. I feel that most veterinarians are trying to model the human medical system. There’s even pet health insurance!

OP
R

ReSTART

CPAP machines are another Rube Goldberg device the mainstream doctors love.

Low CO2 causes a lot of breathing problems. I know the solution to this. So should Ray Peat Forum members worth their salt.

Instead, a device that is devoid of anything to do with CO2 is being plugged. A Google query brings you further into this rabbit hole, with a wild goose chase to boot.

Often, you'll be shown a photo where you tonsils or some protrusion is obstructing your breathing - in your mouth! And to them, this is proof you need a CPAP machine.

If you'd known any better, you'd kick their rat's axsxs out of your home. Because you know you should be breathing with your nose, and your mouth is for eating and for talking.

But try saying to clueless friends and family, and nothing you say will get thru to their thick skull.

That's how we know COVID will stay because every minute a fool is born.
i tape my mouth and use a cpap machine with extended dead space and blocked off co2 blow-off port on the mask. i have a seperate co2 blow-off port connected to the air tube, but further down the line, so I rebreathe the exhaled co2 in the dead space.

so in my case, cpap either increases or has no effect on co2 levels. but you are exactly correct that… using cpap without extended dead space, which 99.999% do and all doctors recommend, yes it crashes co2 levels.

yerrag

i tape my mouth and use a cpap machine with extended dead space and blocked off co2 blow-off port on the mask. i have a seperate co2 blow-off port connected to the air tube, but further down the line, so I rebreathe the exhaled co2 in the dead space.

so in my case, cpap either increases or has no effect on co2 levels. but you are exactly correct that… using cpap without extended dead space, which 99.999% do and all doctors recommend, yes it crashes co2 levels.
I'm not at all familiar with the operation of a cpap machine I have to say, and you probably have a good reason to use a cpap machine. what is your condition that a cpap machine is needed? what is the data that Philips is withholding from its users? Other than spO2 and heart rate, does it also have CO2 tidal volume data as well?

I could have very detailed data on spO2 and heart rate using an O2ring, and using a Sleep App called Sleep as Android I can monitor my sleep and it keeps track of my snoring and movement and whether I'm in deep sleep or light sleep and although imperfectly, it monitors also my breath rate.

It was eye opening the first time I saw my spO2 chart recorded while I slept. Since I know I have a lot of microbes in my system that my immune system kills nightly using phagocytosis, it was easy for me to connect my spO2 drops (going as low as 71 sporadically) to the respiratory burst of phagocytosis, which uses up a lot of oxygen and causes the spO2 drops. I have no breathing issues during the day though, and I don't snore, so I'm certain the spO2 drops don't stem from poor gas exchange of CO2 and oxygen in the alveolar sacs of the lungs. But I suspect that many people with issues other than breathing are being led to believe they have breathing issues and are being made to use CPAP.

They may just have low CO2 that causes poor tissue oxygenation coupled with high blood acidity which causes them to breathe a lot. Because there is little oxygen going to the tissues, the body resorts to mouth breathing in a futile attempt to improve tissue oxygenation. The snoring and the obstruction in the mouth is then blamed for the breathing problem, and CPAP recommended.

No attempt is made to improve the poor metabolism that leads to poor CO2 production by the body, which causes the poor tissue oxygenation. Because that is the way the system operates.

There may be other causes, but my point is that there is no attempt to find the root cause, which would lead to fixing and eliminating the cause. There is nothing modern about our medical system. It is voodoo.

reaching

I use a cpap because I can’t breathe through my nose. Even throughout the day it is difficult.
I’ve tried everything. Somethings work momentarily.

So when I sleep I can’t breathe.
I went from 20 instances of cessation of breathing in an hour to 1 by using a cpap. I wake up feeling much better. I can wake up more easily. It’s not perfect solution but it’s helping me now.
Also, I rent through my insurance where I live so it’s about 50 USD give or take a month. And I can switch for newer machines as they come available and so forth.

yerrag

I use a cpap because I can’t breathe through my nose. Even throughout the day it is difficult.
I’ve tried everything. Somethings work momentarily.

So when I sleep I can’t breathe.
I went from 20 instances of cessation of breathing in an hour to 1 by using a cpap. I wake up feeling much better. I can wake up more easily. It’s not perfect solution but it’s helping me now.
Also, I rent through my insurance where I live so it’s about 50 USD give or take a month. And I can switch for newer machines as they come available and so forth.
Were you born not being able to breathe through your nose? If not, when did this condition begin? And what does your doctor say about this condition?

reaching

Were you born not being able to breathe through your nose? If not, when did this condition begin? And what does your doctor say about this condition?

No, it all happened gradually in high school and twenties. two upper teeth and 4 wisdom teeth pulled.
I had braces from middle school to end of high school. I didn't snore much then.
Not really sure when the actual condition began but for sure mid twenties I was every night snorer unable to breathe well through my nose in the day
Regular doctors and doctors from the nose/ear/throat clincs just give me nasal sprays and allegra.
The sleep clinic I visit told me to try out the cpap for a few months to half a year to see if I want to continue that.
Offered to do some mouth pieces but I dont wanna do that.
They do referrals for the mandible surgery but he advised against it. it's very invasive procedure and will change your face and might solve one problem to cause other problem.
looking into some dentists that specialize in palette widening and the such.
the cpap is working well for now. waking up is a difference between night and day.
working on posture helps a bit too but that's a long road. lots of sitting for work and no matter how much massage trigger point stretch work i do, it is hard correct bad habits.

basically mouth is too small. tounge cant fit. face is jacked up. machine is helpful.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
No, it all happened gradually in high school and twenties. two upper teeth and 4 wisdom teeth pulled.
I had braces from middle school to end of high school. I didn't snore much then.
Not really sure when the actual condition began but for sure mid twenties I was every night snorer unable to breathe well through my nose in the day
Regular doctors and doctors from the nose/ear/throat clincs just give me nasal sprays and allegra.
The sleep clinic I visit told me to try out the cpap for a few months to half a year to see if I want to continue that.
Offered to do some mouth pieces but I dont wanna do that.
They do referrals for the mandible surgery but he advised against it. it's very invasive procedure and will change your face and might solve one problem to cause other problem.
looking into some dentists that specialize in palette widening and the such.
the cpap is working well for now. waking up is a difference between night and day.
working on posture helps a bit too but that's a long road. lots of sitting for work and no matter how much massage trigger point stretch work i do, it is hard correct bad habits.

basically mouth is too small. tounge cant fit. face is jacked up. machine is helpful.
Some people really do need and benefit from cpap. My problem with the industry was mainly the greed where they were pushed on people who didn’t really want cpap and could have solved their issues by diet/lifestyle changes. Yours is obviously anatomical so there are limits to what you can do. I had my palate widened in the late 90’s and it wasn’t too bad actually.

reaching

Some people really do need and benefit from cpap. My problem with the industry was mainly the greed where they were pushed on people who didn’t really want cpap and could have solved their issues by diet/lifestyle changes. Yours is obviously anatomical so there are limits to what you can do. I had my palate widened in the late 90’s and it wasn’t too bad actually.

I see, I see.
I guess where I am living it's not so much pushed on you. If you have genuine problem, you have to go to the sleep clinic, do two sleeping tests, sign a bunch of ***t and finally get it. They are also very vocal about the fact that diet and lifestyle would resolve less severe cases.

oh very nice. was it through the usage of oral appliances and such? or surgery?

OP
R

ReSTART

what is your condition that a cpap machine is needed? what is the data that Philips is withholding from its users? Other than spO2 and heart rate, does it also have CO2 tidal volume data as well?

I could have very detailed data on spO2 and heart rate using an O2ring, and using a Sleep App called Sleep as Android I can monitor my sleep and it keeps track of my snoring and movement and whether I'm in deep sleep or light sleep and although imperfectly, it monitors also my breath rate.

There may be other causes, but my point is that there is no attempt to find the root cause, which would lead to fixing and eliminating the cause. There is nothing modern about our medical system. It is voodoo.
sleep apnea specifically uars (upper airway resistance syndrome)

my airway and mouth anatomy is bad so it makes it difficult to breathe when all the muscles relax during sleep.

Sleep apnea patients are usually just morbidly obese people with the excessive fat in their throat, mouth and nasal, blocking their airways.

uars and sleep apnea are the same but people with sleep apnea don’t react to the airway restriction until co2 builds up from not breathing.

people with uars do react when breathing is obstructed, causing arousals leading to fragmented and broken sleep.

OP
R

ReSTART

my root cause is anatomical mainly, probably caused by lack of strong chewing force on the jaw during childhood.

philips is encrypting all data so you can’t access tidal volume, respiration rate, minute vent, sleep apnea events, etc or view any charts, graphs or statistics.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
my root cause is anatomical mainly, probably caused by lack of strong chewing force on the jaw during childhood.

philips is encrypting all data so you can’t access tidal volume, respiration rate, minute vent, sleep apnea events, etc or view any charts, graphs or statistics.
I never liked Phillips to be honest. You could ask the company that you rent the machine through for the data. They should be able to provide it for you.

OP
R

ReSTART

I never liked Phillips to be honest. You could ask the company that you rent the machine through for the data. They should be able to provide it for you.
i dont use a philips machine

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals