Disabling Parts Of The Brain With Magnets Can Weaken Faith In God And Change Attitudes To Immigrants

Hahahahaha it says they shut down the posterior medial frontal cortex (a subregion of the prefrontal cortex).

As I was waiting for the study to load I thought to myself "man how funny would it be if they shut down the PFC and got these results". I thought at first they'd try to somehow shut down the amygdala or something somehow.

I doubt they'd even be able to specifically target a subregion of the PFC using tdcs, I 100% think there was some collateral and other parts of the PFC were shut down as well.

Yo I'm going to cite this all the time to those with progressive sensibilities but who are also believers in scientism. I want to cause intense cognitive dissonance.

DaveFoster

Both spirituality and group affiliation rely on personal identity, which itself develops from a thorough understanding (and thus mastery) of an individual's relationship to his environment.

lampofred

Hahahahaha it says they shut down the posterior medial frontal cortex (a subregion of the prefrontal cortex).

As I was waiting for the study to load I thought to myself "man how funny would it be if they shut down the PFC and got these results". I thought at first they'd try to somehow shut down the amygdala or something somehow.

I doubt they'd even be able to specifically target a subregion of the PFC using tdcs, I 100% think there was some collateral and other parts of the PFC were shut down as well.

Yo I'm going to cite this all the time to those with progressive sensibilities but who are also believers in scientism. I want to cause intense cognitive dissonance.

95% of all of the known world religions' teachings/commandments/guidelines are about strengthening the PFC, so this is not surprising. A strong frontal cortex is what separates us from animals.

OP
L

Lucenzo01

LOL. My liberal friends are having a hard time with this LMAO.

BrianF

Ive always figured that you'd have to be even partily retarded to swallow the horse manure our european elites have been forcing on us for the last 20 years.

Hugh Johnson

Both spirituality and group affiliation rely on personal identity, which itself develops from a thorough understanding (and thus mastery) of an individual's relationship to his environment.
We often change our behavior to conform to real or imagined group pressure. Social influence on our behavior has been extensively studied in social psychology, but its neural mechanisms have remained largely unknown. Here we demonstrate that the transient downregulation of the posterior medial frontal cortex by theta-burst transcranial magnetic stimulation reduces conformity, as indicated by reduced conformal adjustments in line with group opinion. Both the extent and probability of conformal behavioral adjustments decreased significantly relative to a sham and a control stimulation over another brain area. The posterior part of the medial frontal cortex has previously been implicated in behavioral and attitudinal adjustments. Here, we provide the first interventional evidence of its critical role in social influence on human behavior.
Downregulation of the Posterior Medial Frontal Cortex Prevents Social Conformity

DaveFoster

We often change our behavior to conform to real or imagined group pressure. Social influence on our behavior has been extensively studied in social psychology, but its neural mechanisms have remained largely unknown. Here we demonstrate that the transient downregulation of the posterior medial frontal cortex by theta-burst transcranial magnetic stimulation reduces conformity, as indicated by reduced conformal adjustments in line with group opinion. Both the extent and probability of conformal behavioral adjustments decreased significantly relative to a sham and a control stimulation over another brain area. The posterior part of the medial frontal cortex has previously been implicated in behavioral and attitudinal adjustments. Here, we provide the first interventional evidence of its critical role in social influence on human behavior.
Downregulation of the Posterior Medial Frontal Cortex Prevents Social Conformity
I wouldn't conflate group affiliation with conformity. One can affiliate with a group without being conformist, but a conformist cannot be so without a group.

Luann

Once again viewing nationalism as a problem to be corrected rather than the lesson of history and a shared trait with other peoples.

Christ!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals