I accepted GOD

TheSir

John 3:18-19
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

I don't know if vetbusd will ever have eternal life, but I know he doesn't have it right now.
I'm sure he will! God does not let a seeker down (that is, if he is looking for God, rather than for himself). For sure, neither did he let you or I down.

I

i_nomad

Many clear examples of literalists here. Don’t take the pointed and aggressive language too seriously.
Just enjoy your life and the process of improving yourself...

mrchibbs

I think each and every god is real. did jesus really die on the cross for us? did helios ride in a golden chariot? Does it matter? The love, community, belonging and hope they have given is testimony to the fact that they exist. I love you and respect all your religions

Very interesting indeed. In all likelihood Jesus as he's conceptualized today was an invention. Paul of Tarsus didn't know Jesus, just like none of the Gospel writers knew Jesus. Moreover, they relied one another as sources for their stories of Jesus, written some 70 years or more after his supposed death.

The Church expanded great efforts to create a narrative around the historicity of Jesus by linking his existence to the work of Roman writers, but it unravels quickly. There probably were several such Jewish Preachers in Judea in the early part of the 1st century AD, in a time of resistance against Roman occupation. And I don't think their message were intended for Gentiles.

The story of Jesus was written by Greeks in Asia Minor, borrowing heavily from the Homerian structures of Greek Literature, and the Mesopotamian and Jewish beliefs.

When Alexander the Great and his troops reached Egypt, and even Babylon and other cities in Mesopotamia, they were astounded to find local divinities which closely resembled their own gods. In essence, humans worship the same things, in slightly different and distorted ways.

The Sun (and thus Helios), being the source of life on this earth, has been worshipped in one form or another since time immemorial. When I feel the warmth of the sun on my skin, it certainly feels just as soothing as any other faith I may have had in my life.

Last edited:
The Sun (and thus Helios), being the source of life on this earth, as been worshipped in one form or another since time immemorial. When I feel the warmth of the sun on my skin, it certainly feels just as soothing as any other faith I may have had in my life.
Malachi 4:1-2
[1] For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
[2] But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

2 Corinthians 5:7
[7] (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

2 Corinthians 4:18
[18]While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

John 3:8
[8] The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

And of particular mention, with regard to the seeking the absolute truth, (seemingly) the basis of this thread:

John 3:20-21
[20] For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
[21] But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

John 1:1-2,14
[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[2] The same was in the beginning with God.
[14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 17:17-21
[17] Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
[18] As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
[19] And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
[20] Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
[21] That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Last edited:

Brandin

There are gonna be a lot of Eskimos (or other cultures unaware of the Christian god) perishing in hell with that logic. Does that seem fair?
Exactly. This way of speaking that some people use just gives me psychotic signals x10. I mean I know its almost guaranteed that people writing that is psycho mode but I like to give people another chance so Im just gonna say most likely psycho mode unless its 1000000% guaranteed haha. I agree with you man.

Last edited:

Brandin

I think that god could be real after having some insane experiences this last year (I have been completely unbiased almost my whole life). I think one can argue both in favor and against god forever(I have many times). But once one has some experiences the likelyhood god is real increases beyond not. Now if one has always followed one religion and grown up in it I understand how one will feel a safety following it and almost get an uncomfortable uneasy and unsafe feeling thinking through the other perspectives(since one has many time felt calmed down and safe with the thought of ones god protecting oneself) but it is crucial to do this to find truth.

After alot of analysing and logical thinking my whole life I came to not a conclusion per say but what I currently believe. It goes like this: If there is a god the likelyhood that all religions are different interpretations of that same god is waaaaay higher then that one of the religions is correct and the others not. First of all if one is atleast somewhat knowledgable on how serotonin works one would know that the texts in different religions would be altered by those humans (multiple times). If one thinks that ones own belief is the guaranteed correct without deepdiving unbiased into every religion and even atheism then it gives me deeply psychotic vibes and is very likely exactly that or that one has such deep love for ones belief for feeling secure with it for so long. Almost as if one has a fear of leaving it. I know that alot of the religions have things in commons. a good example is adam and eve. Adam and Eve being true increases in likelyhood since the world werent globalized and many of the different religious views from different parts of the globes have that in common. There are some things that most likely have been missinterpreted in some religions or forgotten. But there are alot of things that literally seem like different interpretations of the same thing. There is alot more to my theory and views on this topic but holy ***t its late over here and I better sleep asap. Bye, love you all peace.

Exactly what I mean
*Where there is no law, there is no transgression. Those who don't know or understand the law are not yet dead in their sins because they are without knowledge of the law:

Romans 4:14-15
[14] For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
[15] Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

*When we learn of the law (aka the commandment), we are made alive unto the law, which then makes us dead in our sins because we have transgressed the law by lying, stealing, fornicating, etc.

Romans 7:9
[9] For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

If there is a god the likelyhood that all religions are different interpretations of that same god is waaaaay higher then that one of the religions is correct and the others not.
A letter addressed to you sir! :loveletter:

Brandin

*Where there is no law, there is no transgression. Those who don't know or understand the law are not yet dead in their sins because they are without knowledge of the law:

Romans 4:14-15
[14] For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
[15] Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

*When we learn of the law (aka the commandment), we are made alive unto the law, which then makes us dead in our sins because we have transgressed the law by lying, stealing, fornicating, etc.

Romans 7:9
[9] For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Aah yes I have heard this and seen this in many of the views. This makes 10x more sense for sure. Its also a more humane nonsatanic view of it than ”ROT IN HELL CAUSE YOU DIDNT KNOW” Haha…

Brandin

A letter addressed to you sir! :loveletter:

Thanks I shall check it out, but holymoly I need to sleep now.