Different Brand of Butter Causing Fast Heartbeat/Trouble Sleeping

mmartian

I've noticed that a different brand of butter than I'm used to is causing me trouble. I usually have the Whole Foods 365 brand salted butter, typically mixed into mashed potatoes. Recently had the Land O' Lakes brand and noticed I had trouble sleeping and it gave me a rapid heartbeat. Not sure what the mechanism would be for it to have a different effect. I had made a mental note years ago that some different butters may be affecting me differently but wasn't 100% sure. But I've now come to the conclusion that is exactly what's happening. I am sensitive to histamine but I don't think there's much in butter, so I believe the fatty acids in this particular brand is not digesting right or causing a spike of stress of some sort. Any ideas why one brand of butter would digest fine while the other would cause a noticeable effect?

I've noticed that a different brand of butter than I'm used to is causing me trouble. I usually have the Whole Foods 365 brand salted butter, typically mixed into mashed potatoes. Recently had the Land O' Lakes brand and noticed I had trouble sleeping and it gave me a rapid heartbeat. Not sure what the mechanism would be for it to have a different effect. I had made a mental note years ago that some different butters may be affecting me differently but wasn't 100% sure. But I've now come to the conclusion that is exactly what's happening. I am sensitive to histamine but I don't think there's much in butter, so I believe the fatty acids in this particular brand is not digesting right or causing a spike of stress of some sort. Any ideas why one brand of butter would digest fine while the other would cause a noticeable effect?
Ray Peat says dairy made in the Spring is different than dairy made in Winter and other seasons. You might be allergic to something the cows ate.

OP
mmartian

mmartian

Yea, I have a feeling it has something to do with either rancidity of the fatty acids or something in the butter that just isn't digesting well. I have a very sensitive digestion and anything a little hard to digest and I'll get a sleepless night.

OP
mmartian

mmartian

@Funnywhensunny Interesting, the Whole Foods brand butter that I don't have trouble with is on the safe list, while the Land O'Lakes brand that didn't digest well was on the PFAS list.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals