Did Great Plains Labs Mycotox profile test: positive for Ochratoxin A, Gliotoxin, and sterigmatocystin.

tastyfood

I got my results for the Mycotoxins profile from Great Plain Labs, and it shows slightly elevated levels of Ochratoxin A, Gliotoxin, and sterigmatocystin.

I think I have some mold in the shower's travertine that could be at least causing the elevation in Ochratoxin A.

I am going to try to sweat this thing out of my body. Does anyone know if things like succinic acid are helpful at removing mycotoxins the same way it helps removing heavy metals?

1679810814530.png

Franesthesia

I had the same exact test as you and positive with the same mold. I’ve been getting glutathione IV to clear it as per my homeopathic MD. I know there are other ways to rid of it but I’m not certain how. Glutathione IV is very expensive but it’s been working for me. I also take Quicksilver Scientific liposomal glutathione by mouth (2 squirts daily) to help assist. My homeopathic said it was a good product.
I also take N-acetyl-L- cysteine since it’s a ‘precursor’ for glutathione.
I’ve spoken to a Ray Peater who says Ray was against glutathione but they didn’t know the explanation.
Since it is working for me, and no good explanation, I’ve continued on this route.
I also have been made aware that if your thyroid isn’t functioning well, it’ll be harder to clear the mold.
I hope this helps you some. I am not saying this is the only way, or the best way, it’s just what I do.
There are some ‘rumors’ that methylene blue rids of mold as well but never could found out the dosage or truly the best way to use it.
Maybe somebody on here will know.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

I had the same exact test as you and positive with the same mold. I’ve been getting glutathione IV to clear it as per my homeopathic MD. I know there are other ways to rid of it but I’m not certain how. Glutathione IV is very expensive but it’s been working for me. I also take Quicksilver Scientific liposomal glutathione by mouth (2 squirts daily) to help assist. My homeopathic said it was a good product.
I also take N-acetyl-L- cysteine since it’s a ‘precursor’ for glutathione.
I’ve spoken to a Ray Peater who says Ray was against glutathione but they didn’t know the explanation.
Since it is working for me, and no good explanation, I’ve continued on this route.
I also have been made aware that if your thyroid isn’t functioning well, it’ll be harder to clear the mold.
I hope this helps you some. I am not saying this is the only way, or the best way, it’s just what I do.
There are some ‘rumors’ that methylene blue rids of mold as well but never could found out the dosage or truly the best way to use it.
Maybe somebody on here will know.

Did you ever find out where the source of mold was? Looks like getting away from the source is as important as elimination.

The methylene blue approach was discussed in Jodellefit's podcast with Georgi:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byt0QDce4lI&list=WL&index=36&t=293s

Thanks for the comment.

Franesthesia

Did you ever find out where the source of mold was? Looks like getting away from the source is as important as elimination.

The methylene blue approach was discussed in Jodellefit's podcast with Georgi:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byt0QDce4lI&list=WL&index=36&t=293s

Thanks for the comment.

Thanks for the video! I was looking for it because someone told me about it but never found it.
As for the mold the source was likely the AC units in the operating rooms I worked in for 16 years. 😮. Thankfully I’ve changed jobs and rarely work in Operating rooms. Do you know where you got your mold from?

I also was polluted w lead and plastic. I have changed my lifestyle drastically.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Do you know where you got your mold from?

Still not sure. The only mold that is visible in the house where I live is in the walls of the shower's travertine. It's really not that much and I am hoping I can clean it myself. It's possible that there is some mold behind the kitchen sink, but other than that I can't think of where the mold is coming from. I live in a dry climate so mold behind the walls and stuff like that is unlikely. May have to call a certified mold inspector to be sure. I doubt it's coming from foods that I eat, although It's going to take a while to figure it out.

Franesthesia

Still not sure. The only mold that is visible in the house where I live is in the walls of the shower's travertine. It's really not that much and I am hoping I can clean it myself. It's possible that there is some mold behind the kitchen sink, but other than that I can't think of where the mold is coming from. I live in a dry climate so mold behind the walls and stuff like that is unlikely. May have to call a certified mold inspector to be sure. I doubt it's coming from foods that I eat, although It's going to take a while to figure it
Still not sure. The only mold that is visible in the house where I live is in the walls of the shower's travertine. It's really not that much and I am hoping I can clean it myself. It's possible that there is some mold behind the kitchen sink, but other than that I can't think of where the mold is coming from. I live in a dry climate so mold behind the walls and stuff like that is unlikely. May have to call a certified mold inspector to be sure. I doubt it's coming from foods that I eat, although It's going to take a while to figure it out.
Do you have an AC unit? Also, crazy as this sounds, the tile in your shower/bathtub….any cracks? Water can seep in behind the tile and cause mold.

Vinny

I used to live in a moldy house some years ago, so am quite sure I got those madasuckers. Can`t remember only did my health started to deteriorate before moving into the toxic house or after.... Never mind.
I`m planning to do the mycotox panel in the near future. Meanwhile, on the Great Plains site they state that one can treat with binders such as charcoal and/or clay or combinations of charcoal and clay, and some N-acetylcysteine. Sounds good to you?

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Meanwhile, on the Great Plains site they state that one can treat with binders such as charcoal and/or clay or combinations of charcoal and clay, and some N-acetylcysteine. Sounds good to you?

I have my own concerns with charcoal: Persoption and heavy metal contamination.

I wanted to see if I can first eliminate these things through sweat and urine.

Vinny

I have my own concerns with charcoal: Persoption and heavy metal contamination.

I wanted to see if I can first eliminate these things through sweat and urine.
Persorption, yes...... Who the heck knows how this might end up?
Anyway, you reminded me about sweat, so I might go again to infrared sauna.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

@Franesthesia I have a HVAC system in the house, yes. The air is distributed to each room through vents. A year ago the homeowners had ozone run through the vents. Someone checked on mold at the furnace, and there wasn't any either. Hoping the issue is not with the AC because that's a lot harder to fix

Right now my bet is on the mold coming from the shower's travertine.

Brooks Esq.

I got my results for the Mycotoxins profile from Great Plain Labs, and it shows slightly elevated levels of Ochratoxin A, Gliotoxin, and sterigmatocystin.

I think I have some mold in the shower's travertine that could be at least causing the elevation in Ochratoxin A.

I am going to try to sweat this thing out of my body. Does anyone know if things like succinic acid are helpful at removing mycotoxins the same way it helps removing heavy metals?

View attachment 48824
First step is always to locate the source of the mold and remove yourself from it. Only then can you treat the mold illness. And never use bleach to clean mold. RMR-141, ammonia, and white vinegar can be used to kill mold. But warning, when mold dies it usually releases even more mycotoxins so be sure to suit up and clean all the surfaces of items near to the source of mold. And stay away from the mold forums on facebook, them people are full of negativity. While I cannot speak for what may work for you, the basics of my mold kit are NAC+Glycine and Bentonite Clay Liquid from Great Plains taken at least an hour after anything else I take. Selenium is also helpful. I also do not really like the Great Plains urinary testing (or any urine test really) as they only show what your body is excreting and the super sick will not be getting rid of anything. I found the Mymycolab blood test to be much more informative as to what was going on in my body. I hope this information helps you out and that you have a quick recovery. I wish you well.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

First step is always to locate the source of the mold and remove yourself from it. Only then can you treat the mold illness. And never use bleach to clean mold. RMR-141, ammonia, and white vinegar can be used to kill mold. But warning, when mold dies it usually releases even more mycotoxins so be sure to suit up and clean all the surfaces of items near to the source of mold. And stay away from the mold forums on facebook, them people are full of negativity. While I cannot speak for what may work for you, the basics of my mold kit are NAC+Glycine and Bentonite Clay Liquid from Great Plains taken at least an hour after anything else I take. Selenium is also helpful. I also do not really like the Great Plains urinary testing (or any urine test really) as they only show what your body is excreting and the super sick will not be getting rid of anything. I found the Mymycolab blood test to be much more informative as to what was going on in my body. I hope this information helps you out and that you have a quick recovery. I wish you well.

Thanks for this info. What's the argument for not using bleach to clean mold? I was thinking of using a mixture of baking soda and borax because I think the mold is in travertine in the shower walls (stone). I am in a rental property and don't want to damage the walls with vinegar. I'm also not fond of bleach it's so unpleasant.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals