Diabetes Type 1. Can It Be Cured?

artemis

Sorry I am slightly confused here. Did you become type 1 diabetic after doing the Peat WOE for 5 months or were you already type 1 diabetic?

I became T1D after doing the Peat WOE for about 5 months. I was not already T1D. I lived 52 years without this disease.

artemis

So, progesterone causes both severe hyperglycemia with a lack of insulin, and severe hypoglycemia?

I didn't claim this. I said I think the combined effects of stopping estrogen cold turkey, starting progesterone, and changing to a new diet might have caused what happened to me. I don't know this for sure, but it's a possible explanation that I'm considering, especially after reading this article about estrogen's protective effects on pancreatic beta cells, and its effects on glucose metabolism in general:

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jd...81w-CgBN9-901OxKygz4SL4lmAXH4whFlEkHekPGt2pVs

Seems to me we have to settle for one of them or come up with a good theory of how progesterone just makes everything worse.

No, we don't really have to do that. EtienneAmelie just related his (her?) experience, and I related mine. No need for blanket statements about the goodness or badness of progesterone, it's perfectly reasonable to expect that it would have different actions in different people.

Tarmander

I am really sorry to hear that. I didn't mean to suggest that you did anything wrong or that these approaches are neccessarily proven ways to cure diabetes. I just wanted to point that I don't believe diabetes to be an incurable disease, and that research suggesting potential curative factors exists.
What tests/results were used to make your diabetes diagnosis?
If only your beliefs could communicate with my pancreas

smith

(Benfotiamine)

And best prevention ?
Don't peat so hard, like I did with OJ and ice cream (both organic). One day I could see squiggly branching red veins under my skin after 48 hours fasting, and going downstairs was more of a tremor and shake than a walk.

Last edited:

Motif

(Benfotiamine)

Don't peat so hard, like I did with OJ and ice cream (both organic). One day I could see squiggly branching red veins under my skin after 48 hours fasting, and going downstairs was more of a tremor and shake than a walk.

How much sugar did you eat daily ?

I don't know about "petting". I get more and more doubts about it.

smith

From my notes, in case anyone wants to pick up what I'm putting down (getting rid of):
causes: pancreas infection, heme overload / arachidonic acid, sugar
Treat: Panc. enzymes, Anti-parasitic, H2, Oral sublingual GABA, B's, Chromium, IP6(for iron), Fresh urine, Capsaicin capsaicin cures Type 1 ,
B-cell regen: Gymnema, GLP-1, TGIF2, Harmine, Edmonton Protocol, etc. New Diabetic CURATIVE New type 1 diabetes therapy
Glycation: Chebulic acid, Quercetin etc.
How much sugar did you eat daily ?

I don't know about "petting". I get more and more doubts about it.
Maybe a third of a normal size Whole Foods brand bottle of orange juice and ice cream, sometimes half.

Peater Piper

Type 1 diabetes is cured quite commonly in mice, but their beta cells are usually killed by some temporary, acute assault, which may not match what's happening in most people. Type 2 diabetics that have lost nearly all of their beta cell function have also been able to regain beta cell function in some instances. So beta cell function can be regained at least some of the time, but in Type 1 diabetics, there's likely an ongoing assault that prevents this from happening, whether it be a rogue immune system or ongoing infection (in either case, autoantibodies should be part of the diagnosis, otherwise we're talking about another form of diabetes). Thus, there won't be a cure until either the infection is cleared or the immune system attack is halted.

TibRex

Yes, he did say that. Talk about things that sound "implausible." I tried it. I tried fasting, lots of sugar, lots of brewer's yeast, and some other things that haidut had posted about like high-dose aspirin, B1, etc. (not all at the same time, of course! I'm dumb, but not that dumb)...I ended up in the emergency room in DKA, near death. I fought taking insulin until I couldn't fight anymore.

Have you tried intermittent fasting? Check out Dr. Jason Fung's videos :
dr jason fung diabetes fasting - YouTube

jet9

I'm a typ1 since 2013
The only thing that really helps me is very low fat around 30gramms a day plus low to no starch. Even cooked veggies shoots my BS sky high.
FRUITS are my best friends need little insulin for fruits.
Poilochio hi! Could you post how your diet looks like ?

I got similar effect from starches and animal fats causing higher blood sugar (for 1-2 days), but did not test veggies.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals