Vitamin D And The Theory Of Human Hibernation

Lucenzo01

Hi peatarians. I have looking for a forum like this all my life. I love health and nutrition and I KNEW the mainstream media was full of ***t. Thanks for everything.

I would love to contribute something back for all of you. A subject that is not touch really in this forum and I think have a lot importance is vitamin D. I'm going to try to explain it in the best way I can. Sorry for grammar mistakes, English is not my first language.

So, the theory is simple. When the levels of vitamin D are low, your body thinks is winter. This can be proven using bears: the signal that make a bear hibernate is the fall of vitamin D in the blood. So, what's happen in winter? Food is scarce. The logical adaptation for your body is going to make everything possible to send you to the cave and wait for better times. Depression, fragile bones, diabetes (sugar is a great antifrozen), fatigue, low libido (no need to reproduce if the mother and the baby are going to die)...basically your body is creating your illness, trying to save you in the winter time.

This is the theory. Now, the practice. There are a lot of people talking HUGH doses of vitamin D out there to treat a lot of complications, since MS to infertility, low libido, blurry vision..mthe list goes on and on. I'm talking about doses ranging from 30,000 to 150,000 IU's of vitamin D3 daily. And people are getting cured.

There is a Brazilian doctor treating MS with a 95% succes rate megadosing vitamin D3, Dr. Coimbra. In the book "The miraculous results of extremely high doses of vitamin D3" there are dozens of reviews of people getting cured of almost anything.

milk_lover

I like that theory. But it's important to balance the fat-soluble vitamins. Maybe with increased vitamin D we need an increase of vitamin K2. Also, vitamin A is important when we supplement vitamin D3.

Infoleech

I like this theory, but the body can store 2 million IU for "hibernation" which would mean there would not be a deficiency in humans if proper sun exposure and such were at play.

PeatThemAll

Hi peatarians. I have looking for a forum like this all my life. I love health and nutrition and I KNEW the mainstream media was full of ***t. Thanks for everything.

I would love to contribute something back for all of you. A subject that is not touch really in this forum and I think have a lot importance is vitamin D. I'm going to try to explain it in the best way I can. Sorry for grammar mistakes, English is not my first language.

So, the theory is simple. When the levels of vitamin D are low, your body thinks is winter. This can be proven using bears: the signal that make a bear hibernate is the fall of vitamin D in the blood. So, what's happen in winter? Food is scarce. The logical adaptation for your body is going to make everything possible to send you to the cave and wait for better times. Depression, fragile bones, diabetes (sugar is a great antifrozen), fatigue, low libido (no need to reproduce if the mother and the baby are going to die)...basically your body is creating your illness, trying to save you in the winter time.

This is the theory. Now, the practice. There are a lot of people talking HUGH doses of vitamin D out there to treat a lot of complications, since MS to infertility, low libido, blurry vision..mthe list goes on and on. I'm talking about doses ranging from 30,000 to 150,000 IU's of vitamin D3 daily. And people are getting cured.

There is a Brazilian doctor treating MS with a 95% succes rate megadosing vitamin D3, Dr. Coimbra. In the book "The miraculous results of extremely high doses of vitamin D3" there are dozens of reviews of people getting cured of almost anything.

This, and more information about vitamin D3 than most would ever care to know about, is indeed discussed in the book linked below. Considering all the targeted information one can receive for this ridiculously low Kindle version, I consider it a must read.

The Miraculous Results Of Extremely High Doses Of The Sunshine Hormone Vitamin D3 My Experiment With Huge Doses Of D3 From 25, 000 To 50, 000 To 100, 000 Iu A Day Over A 1 Year Period: Jeff T Bowles: 9781491243824: Amazon.com: Books

Parsifal

I've seen a lot of people that had problems with high doses of vitamin D here. They say that it depletes vitamin A or something like that.

Makrosky

Hold on a second....

Aren't there dozens of books like these for many other supplements ? Magnesium, Vitamin C, Vitamin B12, etc. ? There's a tendency to try to find a magic bullet but it just doesn't work like that. I try to run away when I read "miracle" in a book title. Been there, done that.

Look on the forum for Vitamin D and you'll gather a lot of information including bad experiences.

Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Parathyroid hormone, Calcium. These are all interrelated.

PS. Welcome to the forum! :)

Last edited:

milk_lover

There is also a theory I think by Chris Masterjohn that low vitamin D is due to low dietary calcium intake. It makes sense. The inactive form gets activated (vitamin D levels go down) to absorb any tiny amount of calcium found in low-calcium food. Maybe if we increase dietary calcium (e.g., milk), while supplementing with reasonable amounts of vitamin D, e.g., 2000 IU daily (or sun exposure), along with vitamin A (5x vitamin D dose) and K2, our vitamin D levels will stay in good range.

OP
L

Lucenzo01

I like that theory. But it's important to balance the fat-soluble vitamins. Maybe with increased vitamin D we need an increase of vitamin K2. Also, vitamin A is important when we supplement vitamin D3.

Curiously, Coimbra doesn't recommend talking vitamins A and K. He recommends magnesium and avoiding calcium at all cost.

This, and more information about vitamin D3 than most would ever care to know about, is indeed discussed in the book linked below. Considering all the targeted information one can receive for this ridiculously low Kindle version, I consider it a must read.

The Miraculous Results Of Extremely High Doses Of The Sunshine Hormone Vitamin D3 My Experiment With Huge Doses Of D3 From 25, 000 To 50, 000 To 100, 000 Iu A Day Over A 1 Year Period: Jeff T Bowles: 9781491243824: Amazon.com: Books

Yes, this is the book where I read it. One of the best I have read.

Hold on a second....

Aren't there dozens of books like these for many other supplements ? Magnesium, Vitamin C, Vitamin B12, etc. ? There's a tendency to try to find a magic bullet but it just doesn't work like that. I try to run away when I read "miracle" in a book title. Been there, done that.

Look on the forum for Vitamin D and you'll gather a lot of information including bad experiences.

Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Parathyroid hormone, Calcium. These are all interrelated.

PS. Welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks bro! I'm really enjoying it and implementing Peat ideas. I am eating sucrose (can't handle fruit juices, I have systemic Candida and is a pain in the **** selecting for food) like crazy and I have never feel so good in years.

milk_lover

Curiously, Coimbra doesn't recommend talking vitamins A and K. He recommends magnesium and avoiding calcium at all cost.
Based on personal experience, I get popping sounds when I take vitamin D without vitamin K2. Also, I get very tired knees. Magnesium didn't solve that entirely for me until I tried vitamin K2. Maybe he avoids calcium supplement not dietary calcium? I view calcium as the building block and vitamin D helps to lift it into the blood stream and magnesium and vitamin K2, once calcium is in the blood, navigates it to the right places. It's weird he avoids the building block. How else would he get it? By breaking the bones?

Drareg

Vitamin D is in many foods that humans consume in particular mushrooms. Peat recommended food has a lot of vitamin D in general, it's important to remember many cultures have epigentically adapted to lower vitamin D levels in the diet,would they better with more I don't know.

If we look at climates where the winter has a lot of darkness mushrooms tend to grow in those months quite well,magic mushrooms grow at these times, mushroom can be dried and stored for the real harsh months like December. Dairy is also better from cooler climates with lots of grass.
It seems nature has wired it this way,consumption of said foods would allow humans to lower stress hormones from lack of sunlight.

Some believe Christmas was a celebration of magic mushroom use,this is the darkest most stressful time of the year yet the they clearly loved it,it points to it being a stress lowering event.

Unfortunately many people in said climates consume junk foods and get mystery ailments as Peat has covered.

Reality seems to pulsate, maybe winter was a times for reflection/planning for warmer months ready to act? Just like sleep and waking.
all year round intense sunlight could be harmful and extremely difficult, we know this from harsh dessert like climates. It's very difficult is said climate to do anything.

Altitude is perfect as it is above cloud cover most days, the temp is lowish yet the sun is shining. Anybody who skis might agree blue sky's up there is far better than 35c + on a beach at sea level.

EIRE24

Yes, this is the book where I read it. One of the best I have read.

Thanks bro! I'm really enjoying it and implementing Peat ideas. I am eating sucrose (can't handle fruit juices, I have systemic Candida and is a pain in the **** selecting for food) like crazy and I have never feel so good in years.

Due to the candida you can't eat any fruit at all? What symptoms do you get when eating fruit and is sucrose the only carb source you eat?

OP
L

Lucenzo01

Based on personal experience, I get popping sounds when I take vitamin D without vitamin K2. Also, I get very tired knees. Magnesium didn't solve that entirely for me until I tried vitamin K2. Maybe he avoids calcium supplement not dietary calcium? I view calcium as the building block and vitamin D helps to lift it into the blood stream and magnesium and vitamin K2, once calcium is in the blood, navigates it to the right places. It's weird he avoids the building block. How else would he get it? By breaking the bones?

I don't exactly know why he does it, but I think that he believes that is the increase in vitamins D what cures people. He recommends testing parathyroid hormone level to prevent calcification and cardio exercise to increase bone density.

Due to the candida you can't eat any fruit at all? What symptoms do you get when eating fruit and is sucrose the only carb source you eat?

If I eat fruit my dandruff and anxiety increase like crazy.

Yes, I'm experimenting eating only meat and sucrose right now.

Parsifal

If I eat fruit my dandruff and anxiety increase like crazy.

Yes, I'm experimenting eating only meat and sucrose right now.
Same here, but only with fruits with pectin... Well cooked peaches work great for me. I also take a lot of activated charcoal which helps. I don't think it is candida, it seems more to be prolactin (as the flaky dandruff also increase the day after ejaculation).

OP
L

Lucenzo01

Same here, but only with fruits with pectin... Well cooked peaches work great for me. I also take a lot of activated charcoal which helps. I don't think it is candida, it seems more to be prolactin (as the flaky dandruff also increase the day after ejaculation).

I know that Peat disregard Candida as a serious illness but I think is the culprit in liver congestion / hormone imbalance. Antibiotics, lack of good bacteria and excess estrogen are wrecking people apart. I have tried everything to cure that little monster and the only think that is improving my health is white sugar and tobacco. Incredible when I think about it.

Parsifal

I know that Peat disregard Candida as a serious illness but I think is the culprit in liver congestion / hormone imbalance. Antibiotics, lack of good bacteria and excess estrogen are wrecking people apart. I have tried everything to cure that little monster and the only think that is improving my health is white sugar and tobacco. Incredible when I think about it.
Try an e-cig instead of tobacco.

OP
L

Lucenzo01

Try an e-cig instead of tobacco.

I have tried it and I feel worse. Something about tobacco is so right but I can't overdose it because I feel tired, like right now hahaha. I have noticed that I feel a little pain in my thyroid when I don't smoke, what can cause it?

Makrosky

So the sucrose doesn't feed candida ?

Try incorporating coconut oil and/or garlic to your diet it works good for gut critters.

Makrosky

Reality seems to pulsate, maybe winter was a times for reflection/planning for warmer months ready to act? Just like sleep and waking.
all year round intense sunlight could be harmful and extremely difficult, we know this from harsh dessert like climates. It's very difficult is said climate to do anything.
I don't think people that live in the tropics have problems with all year round sun :):

But yes, in places where there's real winter, I guess the winter was a time for conserving energy, reflection, planning, etc. But todays world is totally different: you can have artificial light, fresh food all year round, you have the same work hours on winter than in summer, and all the other social obligations like studying/kids/family/whatever. The only thing you can save energy from is not doing extra physical activities, wether it is sport, partying, outdoor activities, extra work, whatever.

EIRE24

Really? Just plain white sugar? Amazes me that you've seen improvements with that alone as main carb source. Do you eat any liver or oysters? Have you ever had any acne problems? I have persistent acne and dry skin and have seen improvements with cutting out fruit. I seem to not tolerate watermelon well at all which is weird. I break out always after consuming it. Ripe bananas seem to be ok but my main carb source is potatoes peeled and cooked as fries or boiled. I have been using activated charcoal but it turned my stools black and hard to pass. Not sure wether to try cascara instead. Again, my acne problem may not be from gut at all but something else?