"DHT is a Trash Hormone" | Kevin Mann addresses Hans & Men-Elite

It's not meant to be personal towards Hans, I just have an honest disagreement about the science he's promoting.
The thumbnails in my videos are meant to be humorous. I literally created a thumbnail in my PFS video of Homelander shooting down a Post Finasteride Syndrome Foundation airplane just because I think it is funny, it isn't meant to be taken seriously. My videos can get a bit long winded and are mostly just a breakdown of science as well as my own experiences so I just make the thumbnails hoping to add a bit of levity to my content since I understand they can be a bit dry and boring. I also try to throw in a bit of humor during the videos by acting a bit over the top but that's not really me. In real life I am a pretty chill guy too. I know not everybody likes the style of my videos but ultimately all I'm doing is just providing a summation of the info people can find for themselves but takes a fair amount of effort to put together.

I don't expect everybody to agree with me but there is so much anti-finasteride content already out there on the internet that I felt it was an obligation to at least provide some perspective from the other side and that is where I come in. I know lots of people hate finasteride and claim it ruined their lives and I regret that there wasn't someone like me back then who gave me that alternative view point. I waited too long to start finasteride myself and once I started I had trouble using it consistently largely because I bought into the fear mongering and gave myself a nocebo effect. I know it was all in my head though and the things I worried finasteride was doing to me were all just normal physiological occurrences I took for granted before.

People can ultimately decide for themselves what medical decisions they make but I feel they deserve to hear both sides of the argument.

Ever done any scalp massages? Topicals like capsaicin, SSKI/iodide, melatonin, vitamin D3, etc? Found the source of oxidative stress that is leading to (brain) inflammation and therefore 5-AR upregulation also in the scalp? Proper food combining?

Yes yes, absolutely. I have been fighting MPB since the early 2000's. I had tried every natural treatment under the sun. Every day I would go online and read about the potential benefits of X treatment whether it be saw palmetto, vitamins, laser helmets, you name it. None of that stuff worked.

The answer to all my hair loss problems was right in front of me the whole time but because of the unbelievable amount of fear-mongering I abstained from treatment and the only casualty was my hair. I needed two hair transplants to recover and even today I am still have a slightly receded hairline granted it is MUCH better than it used to be. As it turns out, all my fears were for nothing. I responded fantastically to finasteride and it has completely stopped my hair loss.

I just hate how there are people out there who are like me who would use finasteride and have no adverse reactions but never get on treatment out of all the fear mongering they read online.
My videos are the yin to the yang you see from forums like propecia help.

tankasnowgod

I don't expect everybody to agree with me but there is so much anti-finasteride content already out there on the internet that I felt it was an obligation to at least provide some perspective from the other side and that is where I come in.

I don't know of anyone who suffers from PFS that ran an ad campaign about it on broadcast networks and cable. But there certainly have been ads from Merck for Propecia-

Do billion dollar pharmaceutical companies with massive marketing budgets and legal departments really need you to stand up for them?

You can't really get that much info in a 30 second TV spot, besides Propecia isn't advertised on TV anymore, at least not in the United States.
I haven't seen any PFS society ads but I have heard anti fin case reports make cable news.

No, I don't have to make videos defending finasteride just like you don't have to watch my videos or take my advice.

My content is just there for those who want to listen and hear the perspective of someone who has had a positive experience from finasteride for a change.

Sospian

You can't really get that much info in a 30 second TV spot, besides Propecia isn't advertised on TV anymore, at least not in the United States.
I haven't seen any PFS society ads but I have heard anti fin case reports make cable news.

No, I don't have to make videos defending finasteride just like you don't have to watch my videos or take my advice.

My content is just there for those who want to listen and hear the perspective of someone who has had a positive experience from finasteride for a change.
Problem is that you've spawned people who genuinely think 5 AR has no genuine benefit. I've come across people on tiktok who have genuinely argued there is no use for DHT after puberty whatsoever. I understand you did briefly cover allopregnenalone but failed to mention other metabolites of DHT that impact well-being like androstanedione.

The concern is that you're putting people at risk from your own experience, when in reality DHT is as important (if not more-so) for androgenic characteristics as testosterone is.

Ronald1919

lmao at this lying fake natty. How is it that you looked like garbage in your 20s and early 30s and now look significantly more muscular. Scamming people out of their health with your castration pills. Your posts on tnation are same disturbed style to the ones exposed here and they are telling enough by themselves.

Problem is that you've spawned people who genuinely think 5 AR has no genuine benefit. I've come across people on tiktok who have genuinely argued there is no use for DHT after puberty whatsoever. I understand you did briefly cover allopregnenalone but failed to mention other metabolites of DHT that impact well-being like androstanedione.

The concern is that you're putting people at risk from your own experience, when in reality DHT is as important (if not more-so) for androgenic characteristics as testosterone is.
I doubt I've "spawned" anyone, and my videos were addressing DHT, not 5AR in general. I've never said 5AR has no benefit. Clearly 5AR has other functions besides conversion of testosterone to DHT, and I've never denied that inhibition of 5AR can cause side-effects in some people. The fact is the majority of people on finasteride don't get side-effects and most side-effects go away with dose titration or just continued use. This may be because finasteride only partially blocks 5AR or the fact that it is fairly selective to the type II isoenzyme.

DHT is important during fetal development and during puberty, but not in adults. Sure it is a strong androgenic agonist, but it is mostly active locally in the scalp and prostate once we become adults. Despite all your concerns about lowering DHT levels, the fact remains that in the vast majority of people lowering DHT levels can be accomplished with the beneficial effects of hair regrowth and only a small risk of side effects.

Have you ever considered that your own experience is putting people at risk for a life-time of baldness by frightening them away from the best treatment available today for androgenic alopecia?

lmao at this lying fake natty. How is it that you looked like garbage in your 20s and early 30s and now look significantly more muscular. Scamming people out of their health with your castration pills. Your posts on tnation are same disturbed style to the ones exposed here and they are telling enough by themselves.

Wow...that's pretty sad that you think results like mine can't be achieved naturally.
For my age and weight all of my lifting numbers are pretty intermediate, nothing that can't be achieved with a couple of years worth of hard work.
Finasteride didn't castrate you bro, you've always been dickless.

Ronald1919

Wow...that's pretty sad that you think results like mine can't be achieved naturally.
For my age and weight all of my lifting numbers are pretty intermediate, nothing that can't be achieved with a couple of years worth of hard work.
Finasteride didn't castrate you bro, you've always been dickless.

They cant be achieved naturally...for you. You are a low life subhuman with zero muscular gains his whole life until you hopped on. You have the right to defend your castration pills and we have the right to ***t on you and the garbage you post. Grown man watching cartoons and posting straight schizo material on forums. No wonder they put on drugs for mental illness

They cant be achieved naturally...for you. You are a low life subhuman with zero muscular gains his whole life until you hopped on. You have the right to defend your castration pills and we have the right to ***t on you and the garbage you post. Grown man watching cartoons and posting straight schizo material on forums. No wonder they put on drugs for mental illness

You haven't ***t on anything I posted. Two of my videos are posted and I have yet to hear a single rebuttal to any point I made in them.

All I hear is you complaining that finasteride gave you a small pp, but I am telling you it has always been small so stop blaming me and finasteride.

Go join the smallpphelp.com forums, they will help you cope.

Jack Earth

Alright, I'll take it under consideration.

Writing about it is one thing. Fixing it is another. :) I'll start collecting data for an article, but don't expect it too soon though as I still have a few other projects going on.
Thanks for the positive feedback on the gut-hair loss article.

Grains, high FODMAP foods, A1 dairy (A1/A2 mixed dairy), starches, etc. There are many other factors that can also mess with proper digestion that can cause problems, such as too much liquid, red meat for people with low stomach acid, mixing meat and starches, etc. So it's kind of all over the place. I've combined all these factors and guidelines in the Alpha Energy Nutrition Course.
Why do you want to know my age?

Because mpb doesnt really kick in the early 20s usually around 30. Also if you happen to be old like 40 or something that would says a lot about your lifestyle looking so young.

Sospian

I doubt I've "spawned" anyone, and my videos were addressing DHT, not 5AR in general. I've never said 5AR has no benefit. Clearly 5AR has other functions besides conversion of testosterone to DHT, and I've never denied that inhibition of 5AR can cause side-effects in some people. The fact is the majority of people on finasteride don't get side-effects and most side-effects go away with dose titration or just continued use. This may be because finasteride only partially blocks 5AR or the fact that it is fairly selective to the type II isoenzyme.

DHT is important during fetal development and during puberty, but not in adults. Sure it is a strong androgenic agonist, but it is mostly active locally in the scalp and prostate once we become adults. Despite all your concerns about lowering DHT levels, the fact remains that in the vast majority of people lowering DHT levels can be accomplished with the beneficial effects of hair regrowth and only a small risk of side effects.

Have you ever considered that your own experience is putting people at risk for a life-time of baldness by frightening them away from the best treatment available today for androgenic alopecia?
Side effects of fin are mostly reported when people come off.

Androgenic alopecia seems to be almost equally influenced by E2, which is something that seems to be ignored.

Also, hair loss isn't the end of the world. You're far better off being a high DHT chance with confidence from better regulation of excitory hormones than you are being a "woe is me" victim who desperately grasps on to a physical feature that isn't the end of the world.

Pic related

I have not ignored prostaglandins, I did a video on them and hair loss, . If prostaglandins play any role, there is no way it is almost equal to the role of DHT. Probably the best evidence for the critical role of DHT in AGA is the fact that people born with a genetic 5AR deficiency literally never develop male pattern baldness. If you read the AGA scientific literature there is literally no one who doubts that DHT is the culprit in AGA.

You have no basis to say that side effects of fin are mostly reported when people come off. Finasteride side effects while taking the drug do occur but are rare. Reports of supposed side effects occurring after stopping the drug are untrustworthy because how do you exclude other causes of these symptoms, or nocebo effect, or psychological problems, even depression from untreated hair loss? I dealt with PFS in a couple of my videos, and but the bottom line is that my view of the evidence is that PFS is not related to finasteride and there are plenty of experts who publish in the field who agree with me. It's my opinion and you are free to come to your own conclusion after reviewing the evidence.

You may not think hair loss is the end of the world, but it is not up to you to determine what others should hold valuable about themselves.

Amazoniac

That is one of the legal arguments their lawyer tried to use, it didn't work.
It's not meant to be personal towards you, they're humorous and not to be taken seriously. In the same way that you expect Juan to be at ease with:

"[..]who is Juan Amato? Well, it looks like Señor Amato sells videos and online courses for personal training as well as pushes a "natural" approach to dietary supplementation. So, basically, he's just a professional bull**** artist like so many others out there and a snake oil promoter[..]"

"I don't know what he's trying to play here, I mean, I think maybe he's just trying to tell people what they want to hear or maybe he's just a professional troll. In any case, what he certainly is a grade-A ***hole as the information that he's pushing here is very harmful and it doesn't seem like he's in any way qualified to give an opinion about things like morphine, for instance."​

Defamation in his case is milder, yet they weren't posted on a website that people expect humor from absurd things.

Anyway, your conduct will elicit negative responses from people that disagree with the criticism on the topic and those with the other accusations. If you want to avoid the latter and it's not part of the promotional package, stick to the theme and dispense the character remarks. Try this and let us see if the forum is as toxic as you claim or the reactions aren't actually mirroring your tone and attitude.

Inaut

It's not meant to be personal towards you, they're humorous and not to be taken seriously. In the same way that you expect Juan to be at ease with:

"[..]who is Juan Amato? Well, it looks like Señor Amato sells videos and online courses for personal training as well as pushes a "natural" approach to dietary supplementation. So, basically, he's just a professional bull**** artist like so many others out there and a snake oil promoter[..]"​
"I don't know what he's trying to play here, I mean, I think maybe he's just trying to tell people what they want to hear or maybe he's just a professional troll. In any case, what he certainly is a grade-A ***hole as the information that he's pushing here is very harmful and it doesn't seem like he's in any way qualified to give an opinion about things like morphine, for instance."​

Defamation in his case is milder, yet they weren't posted on a website that people expect humor from absurd things.

Anyway, your conduct will elicit negative responses from people that disagree with the criticism on the topic and those with the other accusations. If you want to avoid the latter and it's not part of the promotional package, stick to the theme and dispense the character remarks. Try this and let us see if the forum is as toxic as you claim or the reactions aren't actually mirroring your tone and attitude.
Well said my friend.

@WhiteWolfKevin grow up and act like a person with some character. Hans has never been disrespectful to anyone on this forum. Either you want to read his stuff or you don't, the choice is yours but you aren't doing a good job "selling" yourself to anyone here. Quite the opposite....

Wow, that's some grade A lawsplaining there. Too bad for the defense in my case they didn't hire you as their legal council, they may have been able to keep the page up then and not wasted 20 thousand dollars.

I am not trying to "sell" myself here. Believe me, I never wanted to make that video mentioning Hans but his fans kept bringing it up non stop so I had to address it.
I am sure Hans never wanted to get involved in this mess either so he should be mad at his readers, not me. Had they not pushed his article on me I could've ignored it.
I am sure there are good people on this forum so don't take offense when I say the sooner I am done here the better.

I would be thrilled to never post on this forum ever again in fact.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

Wow, that's some grade A lawsplaining there. Too bad for the defense in my case they didn't hire you as their legal council, they may have been able to keep the page up then and not wasted 20 thousand dollars.

I am not trying to "sell" myself here. Believe me, I never wanted to make that video mentioning Hans but his fans kept bringing it up non stop so I had to address it.
I am sure Hans never wanted to get involved in this mess either so he should be mad at his readers, not me. Had they not pushed his article on me I could've ignored it.
I am sure there are good people on this forum so don't take offense when I say the sooner I am done here the better.

I would be thrilled to never post on this forum ever again in fact.
He can't be mad at them because he was decapitated, but shame on readers for it. This time a headless body may not be able to respond to the ridiculing for you to disapprove and sue.

I wented on your Youtube channel for the previous video on the topic and tried to locate the harassing, but couldn't find a single mention of 'juan' or 'elite' as far as I scrolled down the comment section (many comments, you're a subcelebrity). I thoughted that you were going to arrive here via Jorge's Ideal Laboratories linked on Juan's page. I'm wondering how deliberate it was.

- Ameliorative effects of snake (Deinagkistrodon acutus) oil and its main fatty acids against UVB-induced skin photodamage in mice :lol:

1611753405958.png

This case is mostly oleic (44%), palmitic (27%) and stearic acid (14%). The stuff is safer than the fish oils promoted everywhere. If I was Jorge, I would start selling it just for the snake, I mean, sake of humor.

On being a vegan, I think it's laudable. It's more difficult to stay nourished this way, but you're ready for the future. Can you picture ourselves in a futuristic scenario having a lamb leg hanging on a drone being delivered at your place? Also, if there's an omnivore, a vegan version and only one spot left in heaven, it's probably the vegan that's going to occupy it.

I sometimes disagree with Juan, but he's a great guy. People are thirsty for blood, yet if he doesn't reply, it can be that he's now into different interests, addressing it would be detracting. But you should stay around, members in general aren't toxic, some of them even went through a year-long purging of poison A. If you have a superior model to offer, it's more people for you to reach that are going to be into it.

HumanLife

@WhiteWolfKevin

Do you have any videos that go against the claims that finasteride feminizes men to the point that they go trans?

Also, love the use of Agent York in your thumbnails ;).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom