"DHT is a Trash Hormone" | Kevin Mann addresses Hans & Men-Elite

tankasnowgod

It anyone is dismissing the side effects of finasteride or dutasteride, I think they can be dismissed outright. There's obviously many who are suffering from PFS.

It's not like drug companies ever thought these were mostly safe drugs. Even in the commercials for Avodart, they clearly state women shouldn't even touch the medication.

At 0:36. During the sales pitch, they are forced to tell you that more than 50% of the population shouldn't even touch this drug. I always wondered, "If women shouldn't even touch this, what kind of nasty things is it doing to men?" Finasteride contains the same warning.

SamuraiJack

Absolutely. I've noticed this kind of 'skied up' behavior when using highly estrogenic stuff (HCG for example). I become overly talkative/speedy rather than cool, calm, and collected. Low DHT/High estrogen makes me feel like a Becky.

And from my own experience, people will absolutely respond differently to you depending on where your hormones are at... like pheromones in a way. I've had people become more aggressive/disrespectful towards me in an androgen deficient state than they do when an in optimized state. Confidence, for example, is something I believe you absolutely cannot fake without it coming off as forced if you're low test/dht. A guy who naturally stands up straight due to high androgens is different than someone just conciously trying to pump their chest out and appear confident. People around you know the difference.
Lmfao, Becky! Great to know Karen has a sister.
Agreed. Estrogen stimulates cortisol and other stress hormones. A day after taking 100mg Mast, I feel exactly that, calm, chilled, totally carefree and masculine. Voice gets deeper also.

That's my experience also from growing through life. Very in tune with my hormones and surroundings. When hormones are balanced + heightened male hormones, there's always a positive response from others. People listen to you. They respect you and will go out of their way. Women are sexually attracted to you. It is what it is.

Like this beta male who on the outside seems 'ok' but when he opens his mouth and his actions show his true beta, estrogenic qualities.
Did he even read Hans' article? Many absolute valid reasons showing the research and functions of DHT, in detail!

Everyone so quick to defend DHT, but will happily eat tablespoons of coconut oil, eat oysters and mushrooms full of zinc, apply progesterone to their scalp, and rub in b6/zinc/caffeine into their hair. Because none of those things inhibit 5AR activity. Right guys...?

jnklheimer

Everyone so quick to defend DHT, but will happily eat tablespoons of coconut oil, eat oysters and mushrooms full of zinc, apply progesterone to their scalp, and rub in b6/zinc/caffeine into their hair. Because none of those things inhibit 5AR activity. Right guys...?
all those things have other benefits. coconut oil is the best fat to cook with imho, mushrooms are a good food, progesterone has tons of good effects, etc
youre insinuating everyone should be nitpicking neurotic about their health and lifestyle. its not a contradiction at all to like dht and then like all those things which have a anti 5ar effect

OP
Charger

Charger

None of these things aside from Progesterone are even in the same ballpark as Finasteride. Get real.

all those things have other benefits. coconut oil is the best fat to cook with imho, mushrooms are a good food, progesterone has tons of good effects, etc
youre insinuating everyone should be nitpicking neurotic about their health and lifestyle. its not a contradiction at all to like dht and then like all those things which have a anti 5ar effect
And I totally agree! I’m not saying DHT is a “trash hormone,” but I do think there also may be some benefits to controlling 5AR activity also.
- The majority of people here would agree too little DHT is certainly not a good thing, but logic would then indicate that there would also be such a thing as too much.

Sitaruîm

I don't usually get involved in these sorts of things because I'm careful about where I invest my time and energy...

...but I'm gonna make an exception. That video is laughable.

He claims Hans is a bull**** artist/snake oil promoter, meanwhile it's painfully obvious that Kevin has a very limited grasp of anything related to health, biochemistry and nutrition. DHT a 'trash hormone'... lmao. He pushes Finasteride/Minoxidil like hell (+ a vegan diet which probably made his hair fall out in the first place) and his recommendations has probably damaged, and is going to damage, a lot of people. Meanwhile @Hans has helped tons of people for free, including the people suffering from PFS after having taken fin.

Kevin is a textbook example of dunning-kroeger effect/being booksmart and citing useless studies all day.

A bit off-topic since I'm not following this discussion. But is there a problem with using Minoxidil? My brother has been using it for a few months and if there is I'd like to warn him

MitchMitchell

There’s very little to no doubt that the androgenic pattern of hormones (high DHT, low E2, low progesterone) is detrimental for hair. Use topicals and hope they work for you.

There’s equally little doubt that inhibiting 5ar is borderline retarded, the same way that inhibiting aromatase is stupid.

It baffles me that so many people think DHT is the bees knees or the ultimate evil trash hormone, likewise estradiol is cancer. Dysfunctional brains all over the place.

tankasnowgod

I don't think any of those things have been shown to inhibit 5AR in vivo. And I don't think any of them (other than maybe progesterone) has been shown to lower DHT in an organism. If you have studies to the contrary, please post them.

Progesterone can compete for 5AR, to make steroids like allopregnanolone, so it might lower some levels of DHT, but doesn't antagonize or inhibit the action of 5AR.

tankasnowgod

There’s very little to no doubt that the androgenic pattern of hormones (high DHT, low E2, low progesterone) is detrimental for hair. Use topicals and hope they work for you.

There’s equally little doubt that inhibiting 5ar is borderline retarded, the same way that inhibiting aromatase is stupid.

It baffles me that so many people think DHT is the bees knees or the ultimate evil trash hormone, likewise estradiol is cancer. Dysfunctional brains all over the place.
"Doubt" is one of those verbs that masquerades as a noun. You can't weigh doubt, so it is impossible to say something like "There is only 40 tons of doubt in the world that androgenic hormones cause hair loss, and that is very little compared to the weight of the earth." So to say there is "little doubt" is ridiculous.

However, there are plenty who doubt and outright dispute the androgen theory of hairloss, with Roddy and Haidut being the two most popular on this forum.

The fact that balding is usually something that happens to older men as androgens fall, and not younger men whose androgens are at their highest, pretty much exposes the theory as radically incomplete at best, downright wrong at worst. If it were true, men should grow more and more hair as they age and androgens fall.

victormgc

I think the problem with DHT is that it acts like an emergency hormone against abnormally high estrogen. When that happens you get minor side effects like hair loss and acne, but it protects the body against the worse effects of unbalanced estrogen, like hypothyroidism, osteoporosis, cancer, etc.

While DHT is not at all a "trash" hormone, it is also not optimal. The right way to address hair loss is probably finding out why estrogen is high in the first place, correcting it, and letting the body find its balance again (with a probably lower DHT and slightly higher T).

That all being said, I've been on the fight against my hair loss for years, and the only thing I've found that worked was finasteride. It does work, but like all easy fixes, it has its consequences...

keytothecity

Almost as if we want E localized in scalp and dht localized everywhere but scalp
Yet scientists can’t figure out how to keep it local apparently in 2021

pro marker

Nobody should take that idiot serious.

Look into Kevin Mann's past:

(and there is more than just this btw...)

The dude is legit mentally ill and doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. But I feel sorry for all the young balding guys who (want to) believe his lies.
this is the funniest ***t i have ever read

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom