"DHT is a Trash Hormone" | Kevin Mann addresses Hans & Men-Elite

rr1

Unfamiliar with the idea of CUMS (Chronic Unpredictable Mild Stress), huh? Stressful periods can go on for years or decades.

Georgi recently talked about this in a podcast with Leo Wik. Specifically referring to CUMS effect on weight loss, he said something along the lines of just a few weeks of exposure to CUMS being enough to start causing obesity and mental disorders. I'm sure most people go through months or even years of CUMS.

@Hans +1 for being interested in some more hair loss related topics. I know that pretty much everything you write about addresses this through the topics of nutritional deficiencies, stress, poor sleep, low thyroid, gut irritation, etc; but an article piecing all of this together would help a lot of people.

I think the more interesting part would be related to the build-up of collagen and fibre cells in balding scalps, and he we can clear out this tissue and activate the cells again to grow hair again. Possibly things like raising CO2 in the scalp, increasing blood flow, scalp massage/scalp exercises or shocking the tissues to get healing to take place, topicals, red light etc.
Another interesting idea also related was this post on the forum below:
The improper skull structure is the baldness allowing factor, the narrow structure requires perfect blood circulation, the absence of excessive keratinocytes, absence of skull growth without widening, absence of calcium loss taken up by soft tissues etc to not start having areas where blood doesn't flow properly like the temples.
So something about face widening/structure would be something I'd love to see too. I know that you're an avid researcher and whatever you come up with would be fascinating. I especially thought your 'Gut-Hair Loss connection' article was excellent.

Jack Earth

You guys are golden and heartwarming.:grouphug2

This made my day! :rolling

So far I haven't had any clients who've lost their hair following my advice... on the contrary, they've only bettered the quality/condition of their hair.
And out of my own experience, I can say that when I went through a seriously stressful period in my life, I experienced balding/receding hairline in a horseshoe shape (about 1 inch in or so). One day I noticed it but thought it was how I always looked so I didn't take photos. I think I just hoped it wasn't balding.
Then as I got out of the stressful period, I started eating properly again, getting all my micros, reducing stress, training properly, etc., and I noticed that I regrew that area perfectly back because I didn't have that horseshoe look at all anymore and I also noticed that my hairline had come down about an inch with new baby hair (my wife noticed this as well). So I didn't do anything specific/consciously to regrow that area because I thought it was normal, but I was really glad when I noticed that it had grown back and has stayed that way 'till today.

I was thinking the same thing. :) I actually do have a YT channel. I just recently started being more active again. Am trying to post a vid at least once a week. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi1TIaHvuEpZ3f_eb3cWwGQ

Not sure there's anything much to elaborate on if anyone actually read the article and the studies I linked. One thing I'd say though is that he demonizes DHT way too much (focuses almost entirely on DHT) but DHT is not the root cause. Nutritional deficiencies, stress, poor sleep, low thyroid, gut irritation, etc., always happen first and then hair loss follows. Men with low DHT can also lose their hair (which I've witnessed with my own clients) and many men with high DHT can have big bushes of hair. There is much more to hair loss than just DHT.
Also, many of the benefits of testosterone are actually DHT dependent, so saying that DHT is useless is a very ignorant statement.
Interesting. What would the most common guy irritating foods be? Also how old are you?

theantagonist

You guys are golden and heartwarming.:grouphug2

This made my day! :rolling

So far I haven't had any clients who've lost their hair following my advice... on the contrary, they've only bettered the quality/condition of their hair.
And out of my own experience, I can say that when I went through a seriously stressful period in my life, I experienced balding/receding hairline in a horseshoe shape (about 1 inch in or so). One day I noticed it but thought it was how I always looked so I didn't take photos. I think I just hoped it wasn't balding.
Then as I got out of the stressful period, I started eating properly again, getting all my micros, reducing stress, training properly, etc., and I noticed that I regrew that area perfectly back because I didn't have that horseshoe look at all anymore and I also noticed that my hairline had come down about an inch with new baby hair (my wife noticed this as well). So I didn't do anything specific/consciously to regrow that area because I thought it was normal, but I was really glad when I noticed that it had grown back and has stayed that way 'till today.

I was thinking the same thing. :) I actually do have a YT channel. I just recently started being more active again. Am trying to post a vid at least once a week. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi1TIaHvuEpZ3f_eb3cWwGQ

Not sure there's anything much to elaborate on if anyone actually read the article and the studies I linked. One thing I'd say though is that he demonizes DHT way too much (focuses almost entirely on DHT) but DHT is not the root cause. Nutritional deficiencies, stress, poor sleep, low thyroid, gut irritation, etc., always happen first and then hair loss follows. Men with low DHT can also lose their hair (which I've witnessed with my own clients) and many men with high DHT can have big bushes of hair. There is much more to hair loss than just DHT.
Also, many of the benefits of testosterone are actually DHT dependent, so saying that DHT is useless is a very ignorant statement.
Cognitive dissonance is strong in this one...

So funny how he states you make general assumptions in your article. And then 5 minutes later, "we don't need DHT after puberty"
Like the body is somehow demented, and still producing something that's unnecessary....

I've come to believe that everything in the body happens due to an intelligent plan, or maladaptation caused by stress/deficiencies.

theantagonist

He's probably sipping on the capri sun. Which (i would think) mediates many of the side effects.
All of his followers that are not on the juice and try his advice, will regret it.

The problem isn't, and never has been the DHT in the hair follicles. The problem is and always has been the lack of epi-testosterone (and potentially other countermolecules) to balance it out. Testosterone and epitestosterone are balanced in serum at a ratio of about 1:1, in healthy follicles at a ratio of about 10:1, and in balding follicles testosterone prevails up to a whopping 40:1. This is essentially a localised hormonal imbalance in the hair follicle.

This crucial aspect of the MPB pathology science just briefly touched upon but never expanded, so we are stuck with the broscientist mantra of DHT BAD (supported by such irrefutable evidence as it killing hair follicles in a petri dish, again, without countermolecules which would normally be found in a healthy hair follicle). In the typical MO of western science, once a drug is cooked up (Finasteride), preferably one that keeps the patient hooked for life (see Thyroxin and hypothyroidism) any and all further research on that disease is halted, unless it can generate even more profitable drugs. Hence why hair cloning is all the rage now.

Given all the above, using a systemic 5-AR inhibitor orally to fight hair loss, is prime example of allopathic idiocy, and the supporters of such an approach are even far more so.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I think it is worth your time, a little controversy can increase your channel's visibility
Alright, I'll take it under consideration.

Georgi recently talked about this in a podcast with Leo Wik. Specifically referring to CUMS effect on weight loss, he said something along the lines of just a few weeks of exposure to CUMS being enough to start causing obesity and mental disorders. I'm sure most people go through months or even years of CUMS.

@Hans +1 for being interested in some more hair loss related topics. I know that pretty much everything you write about addresses this through the topics of nutritional deficiencies, stress, poor sleep, low thyroid, gut irritation, etc; but an article piecing all of this together would help a lot of people.

I think the more interesting part would be related to the build-up of collagen and fibre cells in balding scalps, and he we can clear out this tissue and activate the cells again to grow hair again. Possibly things like raising CO2 in the scalp, increasing blood flow, scalp massage/scalp exercises or shocking the tissues to get healing to take place, topicals, red light etc.
Another interesting idea also related was this post on the forum below:

So something about face widening/structure would be something I'd love to see too. I know that you're an avid researcher and whatever you come up with would be fascinating. I especially thought your 'Gut-Hair Loss connection' article was excellent.
Writing about it is one thing. Fixing it is another. :) I'll start collecting data for an article, but don't expect it too soon though as I still have a few other projects going on.
Thanks for the positive feedback on the gut-hair loss article.
Interesting. What would the most common guy irritating foods be? Also how old are you?
Grains, high FODMAP foods, A1 dairy (A1/A2 mixed dairy), starches, etc. There are many other factors that can also mess with proper digestion that can cause problems, such as too much liquid, red meat for people with low stomach acid, mixing meat and starches, etc. So it's kind of all over the place. I've combined all these factors and guidelines in the Alpha Energy Nutrition Course.
Why do you want to know my age?

keytothecity

The problem isn't, and never has been the DHT in the hair follicles. The problem is and always has been the lack of epi-testosterone (and potentially other countermolecules) to balance it out. Testosterone and epitestosterone are balanced in serum at a ratio of about 1:1, in healthy follicles at a ratio of about 10:1, and in balding follicles testosterone prevails up to a whopping 40:1. This is essentially a localised hormonal imbalance in the hair follicle.

This crucial aspect of the MPB pathology science just briefly touched upon but never expanded, so we are stuck with the broscientist mantra of DHT BAD (supported by such irrefutable evidence as it killing hair follicles in a petri dish, again, without countermolecules which would normally be found in a healthy hair follicle). In the typical MO of western science, once a drug is cooked up (Finasteride), preferably one that keeps the patient hooked for life (see Thyroxin and hypothyroidism) any and all further research on that disease is halted, unless it can generate even more profitable drugs. Hence why hair cloning is all the rage now.

Given all the above, using a systemic 5-AR inhibitor orally to fight hair loss, is prime example of allopathic idiocy, and the supporters of such an approach are even far more so.
Epitestosterone is being used by athletes to hide doping. I'm sure many bodybuilders have played with it, too, and they usually care about hair, too. So why are we not seeing regrowth threads on body building forums but on transitioning forums? could it be that its about estrogen in the hair follicle, and not about epi-testosterone?

Epitestosterone is being used by athletes to hide doping. I'm sure many bodybuilders have played with it, too, and they usually care about hair, too. So why are we not seeing regrowth threads on body building forums but on transitioning forums? could it be that its about estrogen in the hair follicle, and not about epi-testosterone?

Potential reasons:

1. The assumption is that anti-androgens should lead to regrowth, but in general they simply prevent further damage taking place. Having proper epitestosterone levels in the follicle, your hair would've never miniaturized in the first place. Preventing any more damage is one thing but regrowth typically requires estrogen. Best results usually come from both in tandem.
2. Injecting epitestosterone may not do anything to the hair follicle - epitestosterone ratios are normal in serum and the imbalance is in the hair follicle, suggesting it is synthesized locally and not taken up from the bloodstream

MitchMitchell

"Doubt" is one of those verbs that masquerades as a noun. You can't weigh doubt, so it is impossible to say something like "There is only 40 tons of doubt in the world that androgenic hormones cause hair loss, and that is very little compared to the weight of the earth." So to say there is "little doubt" is ridiculous.

However, there are plenty who doubt and outright dispute the androgen theory of hairloss, with Roddy and Haidut being the two most popular on this forum.

The fact that balding is usually something that happens to older men as androgens fall, and not younger men whose androgens are at their highest, pretty much exposes the theory as radically incomplete at best, downright wrong at worst. If it were true, men should grow more and more hair as they age and androgens fall.

couldn’t care less about your retarded semantics dude. Argue facts not words

if you aren’t aware that balding scalps have higher levels of DHT/5ar and lower aromatase, I can’t save you.

But you’re asking for proof of serum changes in DHT to someone else in this thread, clearly shows how you understand basically nothing about biochemistry. Thank good I help people for a living and you do not.

tankasnowgod

if you aren’t aware that balding scalps have higher levels of DHT/5ar and lower aromatase, I can’t save you.

You don't have to "save me." Just post the study where you found this fact. I assume they did this test on something like 1000 bald men, and compared them to 1000 men of similar age with hair? Otherwise, what would "higher" and "lower" be in reference to?

We all know how to use Sci Hub here to get the full studies, so just the name and author would be sufficient.

Sospian

couldn’t care less about your retarded semantics dude. Argue facts not words

But you’re asking for proof of serum changes in DHT to someone else in this thread, clearly shows how you understand basically nothing about biochemistry. Thank good I help people for a living and you do not.
My hair was thick during the summer while I ran letrozole & proviron to clear up gyno. Started thinning out when I began hCG, which I attribute to the rise in E2

keytothecity

My hair was thick during the summer while I ran letrozole & proviron to clear up gyno. Started thinning out when I began hCG, which I attribute to the rise in E2
There is something else going on in males that have gyno and still lose hair in comparison to males who are not prone to gyno and weight gain at all and lose hair.
The latter more often than not recede in classical mpb style while the former seem to be thinning all over from what i see. I very rarely see guys with gyno and significant hairline recession that would match their bad density if they are balding.
Imo they are balding more in a female pattern. What causes it idk

OP
Charger

Charger

There is something else going on in males that have gyno and still lose hair in comparison to males who are not prone to gyno and weight gain at all and lose hair.
The latter more often than not recede in classical mpb style while the former seem to be thinning all over from what i see. I very rarely see guys with gyno and significant hairline recession that would match their bad density if they are balding.
Imo they are balding more in a female pattern. What causes it idk

That's an interesting observation if true. I have mild gyno from puberty and at 32 my hairline is for the most part fine, it's more of a diffuse problem.

The longest I've run Proviron is like 2 weeks max, so I can't really speak to it's effects on hair, but I'd imagine it'd be a negative effect.

keytothecity

That's an interesting observation if true. I have mild gyno from puberty and at 32 my hairline is for the most part fine, it's more of a diffuse problem.

The longest I've run Proviron is like 2 weeks max, so I can't really speak to it's effects on hair, but I'd imagine it'd be a negative effect.
I think the whole roddy thing might be good for your hairloss pheno bc it envolves E lowering.
We lean guys with little e receptors do not profit from E lowering imo, in fact it makes our mpb worse. Especially aspirin which is quite powerful in my experience

Wow...where do I even begin with all of this spiteful, defamatory tripe? If I had just read the postings here and not known about the source I would've assumed this had all come from 4chan or something.

We're 4 pages deep into this thread and not ONE person has addressed a single point I have made in any of my videos. I get it, people are butthurt that I didn't agree with the article a user here wrote.

Now I won't claim I didn't use any ad-hominem at all in my refutation of Mr. Amato, I did call him an ***hole after all but I also went through each one of his points and provided my own critique on the research he cited to back up his points.

Apparently, Mr. Amato's work is so sacred that to question anything he writes is grounds for ad-hominem as well as posting disgusting, defamatory claims about me.

Everything posted about me and my "past" is complete bull****. I am not on TRT nor have I ever used gear. Did I make a post on T-nation saying I was interested in starting gear? Yes, but that doesn't mean I went through with it. Honestly, what athlete hasn't thought about using gear at one point? The idea of being able to cycle and make years worth of progress at the gym in the span of several weeks? It's obviously quite tempting but ultimately I never went through with it because I was too afraid of hair loss and my perspective has changed since to the point where I am not even slightly interested in going on gear anymore.

Also, the claim I am losing my hair because I am vegan? LOL! Yeah, go outside and look at all the bald men and balding men you see, they're all vegan right? I started losing my hair late in high school before I even knew what the word vegan meant. I have male relatives who are losing hair even more aggressively than me and none of them are vegan so dispense with the hair loss bro-science please.

I hate having to even address that archive linked here because it is the source of a defamation lawsuit I filed against the then administratior of Encyclopedia Dramatica (He has since been ousted) but since people here are weaponizing it against me I suppose I should give some background.

The article was created to harass me because I got into a dispute with another forum member who didn't like the fact that I said the reason why he took issue with my youtube content is because he's bald. He doxxed me and linked me to an account from Ebaumsworld because a user there was using a username which is similar to one I have used in the past but absolutely was NOT me.

I have NEVER had an account on Ebaumsworld and reading the foul postings from that article it looks like it was a joke thread anyways where people were talking about getting caught masturbating but what I took issue with were the claims made that I am a child rapist who engaged in incest with an underaged cousin which I don't even have.

This article appeared on the first page of Google when googling my name and one of the things I do to make money is personal training and many of the people I work with are K-12 student/athlete populations. An article that claims I abuse children when I work with children is absolutely unacceptable and that is why I sued the admin of Encyclopedia Dramatica, hence why you can't find my article on Encyclopedia Dramatica's main page anymore, what was posted here is an archive that was made before the lawsuit was finished.

Just think about it, if that crap written about me were true would you think I would be willing to risk filing a defamation lawsuit where the defense could use the process of discovery to confirm the claims? If they proved it were true I wouldn't have just risked losing the case, I'd be facing criminal charges too as what the article accused me of is a crime. They couldn't though because what was written there was defamation.

This thread really is a piece of work. Don't agree with someone? Then do everything you can to destroy their character and defame them! It's funny how some people here post that shitty archive as if it's some kind of rhetorical kryptonite that relieves you of your responsibility to actually rebut any of the salient points I made. The reason I am even here is because one of my subscribers linked this thread to me saying it was critical of my video and even before I looked at this thread I knew it was going to have that defamatory article posted and no actual rebuttals to anything in the videos I made. That has become the tactic of my critics who are too dimwitted to provide a valid criticism towards any of my points.

Mr. Amato, if you're reading this I welcome any discourse on this issue however I'd prefer you do it as a written article or as a video as this forum is toxic and people here have accused me of criminal behaviour. I'm sure you can understand why I'd prefer not to continue this on a forum where I have everyone accusing me of being a pedophile and posting defamatory articles which I ended up suing people for.

I don't enjoy filing lawsuits but when people constantly repeat defamatory claims about me, especially claims that I harm children when I work with children then I may have no choice so I'd rather it not escalate to that.

People are 100 percent within their right to call bull**** on my video and tell me why they think I am wrong but accusing me of abusing children is NOT ******* acceptable and I will not engage with people who accuse me of or post articles which baselessly accuse me of criminal conduct.

OP
Charger

Charger

Apparently, Mr. Amato's work is so sacred that to question anything he writes is grounds for ad-hominem as well as posting disgusting, defamatory claims about me.
I think it's moreso the way you went at a guy who is actually really chill and helpful to a lot of people around here. I mean, look at the picture you used for your video, bruh.

I watch your channel, so I get your style and humor. But you can't expect everyone to 'get it' or take kindly to it. I know from your perspective you are also trying to help people, but the way you come off in your videos you shouldn't be surprised at people throwing rocks your way.

You've addressed the stuff posted about you here in a video on your channel before, so I don't personally pay any mind to it, but understand why it would offend you.

Anyway, it would be interesting to see a civil discussion on the topic between you and Hans or anyone else with an opposing view.

baccheion

Wow...where do I even begin with all of this spiteful, defamatory tripe? If I had just read the postings here and not known about the source I would've assumed this had all come from 4chan or something.

We're 4 pages deep into this thread and not ONE person has addressed a single point I have made in any of my videos. I get it, people are butthurt that I didn't agree with the article a user here wrote.

Now I won't claim I didn't use any ad-hominem at all in my refutation of Mr. Amato, I did call him an ***hole after all but I also went through each one of his points and provided my own critique on the research he cited to back up his points.

Everything posted about me and my "past" is complete bull****. I am not on TRT nor have I ever used gear. Did I make a post on T-nation saying I was interested in starting gear? Yes, but that doesn't mean I went through with it. Honestly, what athlete hasn't thought about using gear at one point? The idea of being able to cycle and make years worth of progress at the gym in the span of several weeks? It's obviously quite tempting but ultimately I never went through with it because I was too afraid of hair loss and my perspective has changed since to the point where I am not even slightly interested in going on gear anymore.

Also, the claim I am losing my hair because I am vegan? LOL! Yeah, go outside and look at all the bald men and balding men you see, they're all vegan right? I started losing my hair late in high school before I even knew what the word vegan meant. I have male relatives who are losing hair even more aggressively than me and none of them are vegan so dispense with the hair loss bro-science please.

I hate having to even address that archive linked here because it is the source of a defamation lawsuit I filed against the then administratior of Encyclopedia Dramatica (He has since been ousted) but since people here are weaponizing it against me I suppose I should give some background.

The article was created to harass me because I got into a dispute with another forum member who didn't like the fact that I said the reason why he took issue with my youtube content is because he's bald. He doxxed me and linked me to an account from Ebaumsworld because a user there was using a username which is similar to one I have used in the past but absolutely was NOT me.

I have NEVER had an account on Ebaumsworld and reading the foul postings from that article it looks like it was a joke thread anyways where people were talking about getting caught masturbating but what I took issue with were the claims made that I am a child rapist who engaged in incest with an underaged cousin which I don't even have.

This article appeared on the first page of Google when googling my name and one of the things I do to make money is personal training and many of the people I work with are K-12 student/athlete populations. An article that claims I abuse children when I work with children is absolutely unacceptable and that is why I sued the admin of Encyclopedia Dramatica, hence why you can't find my article on Encyclopedia Dramatica's main page anymore, what was posted here is an archive that was made before the lawsuit was finished.

Just think about it, if that crap written about me were true would you think I would be willing to risk filing a defamation lawsuit where the defense could use the process of discovery to confirm the claims? If they proved it were true I wouldn't have just risked losing the case, I'd be facing criminal charges too as what the article accused me of is a crime. They couldn't though because what was written there was defamation.

This thread really is a piece of work. Don't agree with someone? Then do everything you can to destroy their character and defame them! It's funny how some people here post that shitty archive as if it's some kind of rhetorical kryptonite that relieves you of your responsibility to actually rebut any of the salient points I made. The reason I am even here is because one of my subscribers linked this thread to me saying it was critical of my video and even before I looked at this thread I knew it was going to have that defamatory article posted and no actual rebuttals to anything in the videos I made. That has become the tactic of my critics who are too dimwitted to provide a valid criticism towards any of my points.

Mr. Amato, if you're reading this I welcome any discourse on this issue however I'd prefer you do it as a written article or as a video as this forum is toxic and people here have accused me of criminal behaviour. I'm sure you can understand why I'd prefer not to continue this on a forum where I have everyone accusing me of being a pedophile and posting defamatory articles which I ended up suing people for.

I don't enjoy filing lawsuits but when people constantly repeat defamatory claims about me, especially claims that I harm children when I work with children then I may have no choice so I'd rather it not escalate to that.

People are 100 percent within their right to call bull**** on my video and tell me why they think I am wrong but accusing me of abusing children is NOT ******* acceptable and I will not engage with people who accuse me of or post articles which baselessly accuse me of criminal conduct.
Ever done any scalp massages? Topicals like capsaicin, SSKI/iodide, melatonin, vitamin D3, etc? Found the source of oxidative stress that is leading to (brain) inflammation and therefore 5-AR upregulation also in the scalp? Proper food combining?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom