Cynomel No Longer Produced In Mexico?

jaguar43

ilovethesea said:
I just got this email from Meds .com.mx

"We are shipping T3 however it is not Grossman. Grossman is out of business with the Cytomel due to a regulatory problem and the lack of materials to make Cytomel."

WTF... I am freaking out! .. is anyone able to confirm this news?

Did they specifically say which brand they would be shipping ? it may not be Tryotex, but another brand.

I don't understand what the problem would be. Its been out since the end of January. I have been buying grossman for over two years. This could be the end of a great product.

juanitacarlos

I just spoke to Farmacia Del Nino again and they said still no Cynomel and still expecting it around Novemeber. Bummer.

ilovethesea

jag2594 said:
Did they specifically say which brand they would be shipping ? it may not be Tryotex, but another brand.

I don't understand what the problem would be. Its been out since the end of January. I have been buying grossman for over two years. This could be the end of a great product.

I asked them, so will let you know when I hear back.

We are all hearing something different... April, November, out of business for good. At this point it just seems like nobody knows anything.

ilovethesea

Is there any way to have the Triyotex tested to confirm whether it is actually T3, and not speed? I don't have a science background... anyone know labs that can do that?

I wonder if Ray is aware of this and what he would suggest we do.

I just don't want to take so much T4 if we end up only having the combo meds now. I don't need T4, I need T3.

answersfound

Are you near New York city? I know of a great doctor here that could be of help to your situation.

ilovethesea

I got another message back from Vanessa at Meds .com.mx re: Grossman Cytomel:

"They say they will be back making it sometime towards the end of the year. In reality, who knows. It is a regulatory problem and I have no clue as to will they resolve their problems."

Regulatory problem sounds so suspicious... is it the US gov I wonder.

jaguar43

ilovethesea said:
I got another message back from Vanessa at Meds .com.mx re: Grossman Cytomel:

"They say they will be back making it sometime towards the end of the year. In reality, who knows. It is a regulatory problem and I have no clue as to will they resolve their problems."

Regulatory problem sounds so suspicious... is it the US gov I wonder.

Was that only referring to Cynomel ? Cynoplus is pretty good but I wonder when it runs out in the pharmacies will it be restocked ? Or the same position as cynomel.

ilovethesea

I'll ask her to clarify, Jag. Hopefully it's just the Cyto!

In the meantime I am looking into finding Tiromel from Turkey.

ilovethesea

Response to my question about Cynoplus:

"We do have Cynoplus in stock. The regulatory problem with Grossman is still going on. They say they will be back in production after the summer. Not sure if that information is correct."

Just in case I think I'll do a second order of Cynoplus from Mexmeds4you after I confirm the 1st one got through ok. I also just ordered some Tiromel (Turkish T3).

jaguar43

ilovethesea said:
Response to my question about Cynoplus:

"We do have Cynoplus in stock. The regulatory problem with Grossman is still going on. They say they will be back in production after the summer. Not sure if that information is correct."

Just in case I think I'll do a second order of Cynoplus from Mexmeds4you after I confirm the 1st one got through ok. I also just ordered some Tiromel (Turkish T3).

Thank you !! :D

Guys do you know if Cynomel by aventis (france) is good as mexican one? If so, i've find a source that can ship internationally, but wouldn't order several bottles of it if the product isn't good. as usual, online feedbacks are confusing.

jaguar43

John Frusciante said:
Guys do you know if Cynomel by aventis (france) is good as mexican one? If so, i've find a source that can ship internationally, but wouldn't order several bottles of it if the product isn't good. as usual, online feedbacks are confusing.

According to this website, its weaker than Cynomel and cytomel.

http://thyroidrt3.com/which.htm

ilovethesea

It might be worthwhile still ordering it if it's cheap enough, and then just take more of it. The Turkish T3 (Tiromel) is supposedly of similar strength to the Aventis... but it's dirt cheap so I ordered it anyway. (It beats paying $130/bottle locally for the Pfizer stuff... $1.40 per tablet vs. $0.30.)

jaguar43

ilovethesea said:
It might be worthwhile still ordering it if it's cheap enough, and then just take more of it. The Turkish T3 (Tiromel) is supposedly of similar strength to the Aventis... but it's dirt cheap so I ordered it anyway. (It beats paying $130/bottle locally for the Pfizer stuff... $1.40 per tablet vs. $0.30.)

Do you have a prescription for Pfizer Cytomel ? Just wondering whether you can buy it over the counter ?

ilovethesea

jag2594 said:
Do you have a prescription for Pfizer Cytomel ? Just wondering whether you can buy it over the counter ?

Yes my doctor gave me a prescription since I told her I was allergic to the Erfa NDT I was taking before.

But there's no way she'll ever prescribe me thyroid in the doses I need. Like 99% of MDs she lives by the TSH ONLY. Mine is 0 so she thinks I am automatically hyperthyroid no matter what I say about symptoms. She wants me to lower dose and said "you'll just have to feel bad for a while"... I haven't been back since. And compared to the losers I've seen in the past she is one of the good doctors! :roll:

ilovethesea

John Frusciante said:
Well i don't think that website, thyroidrt3 is an authority or something, looks just as a personal opinion

I found this quote from Ray:

Ray Peat said:
There isn't any natural T3 product, in the sense of biologically created, but the activity of T3 is so great that the effective dose, of a few micrograms, couldn't introduce a significant amount of industrial junk; the excipients are the main concern, and whether the people making the tablets understand what they are doing. Cytomel and Cynomel, so far, have been very well made, and there isn't any other T3 product that I trust.

artemis

Finally got my order in today. It's Tiromel (tablets). :?

So now I've got Triyotex and Tiromel. No Cynomel.

Anyone know anything about either of these? Guess this is it till November?

jaguar43

ilovethesea said:
jag2594 said:

Yes my doctor gave me a prescription since I told her I was allergic to the Erfa NDT I was taking before.

But there's no way she'll ever prescribe me thyroid in the doses I need. Like 99% of MDs she lives by the TSH ONLY. Mine is 0 so she thinks I am automatically hyperthyroid no matter what I say about symptoms. She wants me to lower dose and said "you'll just have to feel bad for a while"... I haven't been back since. And compared to the losers I've seen in the past she is one of the good doctors! :roll:

Do you feel like the potency of Pfizer cytomel is comparable to grossman cynomel ? Or is it weaker ? Ray Peat has said this since about it.

Several of the commercially available products aren't well formulated, some are completely inactive. Cytomel's formulation has changed recently, so I'm not sure of its present potency.

http://peatarian.com/peatexchanges

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals