Covid recovery for a loved one

OP
ecstatichamster
For nutrition see if you have some Jell-O powder, regular sweetened in the kitchen.

Mix a tablespoon of the powder in a cup of very warm water.

It’s sweet, easy on the tubes, nutritious, & relaxing. It’ll get things going in the right direction nutritionally.

Thinking of you. I know this is very stressful for both of you.

Let us know how it’s going.

thank you for the idea and your thoughts.

Thedumbass

I would look at switching to azithromycin as it has been demostrated to stop viral replication and obviously it should prevent secondary bacterial pneumonia. Also studied as an anti senolitic
Azithromycin in viral infections - PubMed
There is this nursing home study in Spain showing azithromycin and antihistamines(eg Cetrizine is otherwise known as Zyrtec. Loratadine is otherwise known as Claritin) is shown to work miracles.
Antihistamines and azithromycin as a treatment for COVID-19 on primary health care – A retrospective observational study in elderly patients

If Ivermectin isn't noticeable working I would also look at a combo of MB and quinine. It worked wonders on what I believe to have been omicron. I just used tonic water and 2-4 drops of oxidial. In an hour I felt a little better. If you buy the tablets look for euqinine it reportedly has fewer side effects.

miquelangeles

I am on my 5th day, probably Omicron because the onset of symptoms was exactly 3 days after exposure.

Prone position helps immensely, as well as postural drainage techniques - clapping on the back with cupped hands to shake mucus loose from the lungs. You also have to force yourself to cough out the mucus. With postural drainage you will literally feel it drain into your trachea then you have to spit it out.

Nebulized 4% saline 4 - 5 times per day. Mucolytics (acetylcysteine, erdosteine, bromhexin or herbal formulations). I personally use erdosteine because I can't tolerate acetylcysteine.

Honey in hot water increases the mucociliary clearance.

I'm also taking propranolol 10mg two or three times per day to lower the heart rate to 80-90 bpm. I am normally slightly hyperthyroid and any viral infection puts me into overdrive. Beta blockers were found to be protective in covid-19.

Bhramari pranayama (the bumblebee breath) is amazing. Do it for 20 minutes at a time, two times per day. The humming vibrations clear the nitric oxide from sinuses and lungs. Acutely decreases cortisol and induces a state of calm. Stimulates the vagus nerve. Increases CO2 due to prolonged exhale. Plenty of studies on google scholar, and some go into detail testing different frequencies. You can download a smartphone app like Decibel X or Spectrum which monitor the live sound frequencies and you can adjust your humming frequency as desired.

I also started inhaling budesonide 200mcg two times per day but I have a feeling that it makes the mucus less fluid. I think corticosteroids are detrimental in the early phase and beneficial in the

Prone position, nebulized saline and honey in hot water are essential and virtually harmless interventions.

Rafe

Nebulizing saline for cystic fibrosis.

OP
ecstatichamster
i also started acetazolomide which has helped. And we are starting prednisone today. Nebulizing with slightly hypertonic saline + H202 5 times a day. Budesonide inhaler and also nasal budesonide. Ivermectin quite a lot.

Levoquin was prescribed by her doctor and we're keeping it. There is a good study on how it prevents lung damage in influenza so it may be a good drug in some ways.

Reactive oxygen species (ROS) and nitric oxide (NO) are major pathogenic molecules produced during viral lung infections, including influenza. While fluoroquinolones are widely used as antimicrobial agents for treating a variety of bacterial infections, including secondary infections associated with the influenza virus, it has been reported that they also function as anti-oxidants against ROS and as a NO regulator. Therefore, we hypothesized that levofloxacin (LVFX), one of the most frequently used fluoroquinolone derivatives, may attenuate pulmonary injuries associated with influenza virus infections by inhibiting the production of ROS species such as hydroxyl radicals and neutrophil-derived NO that is produced during an influenza viral infection. The therapeutic impact of LVFX was examined in a PR8 (H1N1) influenza virus-induced lung injury mouse model. ESR spin-trapping experiments indicated that LVFX showed scavenging activity against neutrophil-derived hydroxyl radicals. LVFX markedly improved the survival rate of mice that were infected with the influenza virus in a dose-dependent manner. In addition, the LVFX treatment resulted in a dose-dependent decrease in the level of 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (a marker of oxidative stress) and nitrotyrosine (a nitrative marker) in the lungs of virus-infected mice, and the nitrite/nitrate ratio (NO metabolites) and IFN-γ in BALF. These results indicate that LVFX may be of substantial benefit in the treatment of various acute inflammatory disorders such as influenza virus-induced pneumonia, by inhibiting inflammatory cell responses and suppressing the overproduction of NO in the lungs.

OP
ecstatichamster
I am on my 5th day, probably Omicron because the onset of symptoms was exactly 3 days after exposure.

Prone position helps immensely, as well as postural drainage techniques - clapping on the back with cupped hands to shake mucus loose from the lungs. You also have to force yourself to cough out the mucus. With postural drainage you will literally feel it drain into your trachea then you have to spit it out.

Nebulized 4% saline 4 - 5 times per day. Mucolytics (acetylcysteine, erdosteine, bromhexin or herbal formulations). I personally use erdosteine because I can't tolerate acetylcysteine.

Honey in hot water increases the mucociliary clearance.

I'm also taking propranolol 10mg two or three times per day to lower the heart rate to 80-90 bpm. I am normally slightly hyperthyroid and any viral infection puts me into overdrive. Beta blockers were found to be protective in covid-19.

Bhramari pranayama (the bumblebee breath) is amazing. Do it for 20 minutes at a time, two times per day. The humming vibrations clear the nitric oxide from sinuses and lungs. Acutely decreases cortisol and induces a state of calm. Stimulates the vagus nerve. Increases CO2 due to prolonged exhale. Plenty of studies on google scholar, and some go into detail testing different frequencies. You can download a smartphone app like Decibel X or Spectrum which monitor the live sound frequencies and you can adjust your humming frequency as desired.

I also started inhaling budesonide 200mcg two times per day but I have a feeling that it makes the mucus less fluid. I think corticosteroids are detrimental in the early phase and beneficial in the

Prone position, nebulized saline and honey in hot water are essential and virtually harmless interventions.

steroids are detrimental until about day 8 or 9 after the pulmonary phase phase. Then they are very important.

Giraffe

Severe diarrhea alone can leave you feel sick and very weak for a week or two afterwards. You may want to try the recipe I had posted here.

Old Irenaeus

This is unfortunate I'm sorry she's going through this. Why no other treatment for pneumonia? I wouldn't rely on oral antibiotics for that. I would be doing nebulizer with hydrogen peroxide or lugol's iodine or both. Steamed onions. Raw chopped garlic for the allicin. I do not believe in Pharma to save me.
You consume the steamed onions?

InChristAlone

You consume the steamed onions?
Breathe in the steam, but I'm not sure if this is good for pneumonia as in another thread they said steaming made it worse. Aliums/onions/garlic are good in general old folk remedies.

Prota

50g honey before bed, chase it with some baking soda dissolved in water (to avoid heartburn) or same low fat milk!

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
it's 90 this morning. WE're doing bag breathing. Thanks
90 is getting pretty low. I would think she needs a steroid right away to bring oxygen up. I recently helped a friends uncle recover from covid. He is in 70’s and diabetic, not vaccinated. His oxygen was low at 90. He started highest dose of ivermectin, with zinc, steroid and z pack and was back up to 96 and eating a cheeseburger in 2 days. Get her up once an hour to walk and breath deeply. No sleeping on back. Will she take ivermectin? I have a link to doctor who will prescribe ivermectin, prednisone, and z pack, for covid.

Perry Staltic

90 is getting pretty low. I would think she needs a steroid right away to bring oxygen up. I recently helped a friends uncle recover from covid. He is in 70’s and diabetic, not vaccinated. His oxygen was low at 90. He started highest dose of ivermectin, with zinc, steroid and z pack and was back up to 96 and eating a cheeseburger in 2 days. Get her up once an hour to walk and breath deeply. No sleeping on back. Will she take ivermectin? I have a link to doctor who will prescribe ivermectin, prednisone, and z pack, for covid.

It depends. 85 at high altitude is normal. @Blossom, before covid did you notice lower sats and nurses/doctors didn't freak out about it like they do now? Don't obese people typically have lower sats?

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It depends. 85 at high altitude is normal. @Blossom, before covid did you notice lower sats and nurses/doctors didn't freak out about it like they do now? Don't obese people typically have lower sats?
It is normal for sats to be a few points lower at high altitude. 25 years ago anything below 90 was considered abnormal. In the areas where I have worked in recent years it’s been adjusted to below 88 for people with lung disease. For someone without pulmonary issues the preference seems to be to keep sats greater than 92. I think it’s good that they are taking a more individual approach. I’ve also noticed over the last two years they are trying to be more diligent because of the rapid decline that often happens. There are always of course some people who really freak out and others who stay calm in these situations.

OP
ecstatichamster
I stopped worrying about it. I remember the "happy hypoxics" getting put on ventilators and killed. 88, 92, whatever, it's her comfort that counts. Things are much better now even through the day. The important thing is to get a high enough dose of ivermectin and then after that phase, to have steroids to contain the damage.

We have also been continuously taking cyproheptadine and some acetazolamide. That has helped a lot

Perry Staltic

It is normal for sats to be a few points lower at high altitude. 25 years ago anything below 90 was considered abnormal. In the areas where I have worked in recent years it’s been adjusted to below 88 for people with lung disease. For someone without pulmonary issues the preference seems to be to keep sats greater than 92. I think it’s good that they are taking a more individual approach. I’ve also noticed over the last two years they are trying to be more diligent because of the rapid decline that often happens. There are always of course some people who really freak out and others who stay calm in these situations.

So am I understanding correctly that physiologically people can tolerate lower sats, but doctors are now concerned about that because someone could panic and crash quickly? Can't their diligence to prevent that sometimes actually exacerbate that by aggressive oxygen use (thinking high FiO2 and ROS damage to lungs; plus I've read CPAP with PEEP can damage lungs)?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals