Covid recovery for a loved one

Lizb

our recoveries went like this. I helped my wife by giving her ivermectin and antibiotics and oxygen. She recovered very well. She probably got Delta covid in the gut and it migrated to the lungs. I then got the same variant. That day I got monoclonal antibodies which helped a great deal but I was very sick for two weeks. I'm recovering now. We both used ivermectin and I continue using it and benefiting from it. It's a miracle.

I think we were well prepared. One thing that is important when recovering is using corticosteroids for awhile to combat the post virus inflammation. They can't be taken until you are no longer infectious but I think they are a missing link to recovery. Both my wife and I took prednisone for a bit after to assist our recovery.

It was a terrible episode. She was not that sick for at least 15 years. I was very sick a few years ago, and this time was better (I had bird flu in 2020 not Covid). And now we hope we have robust T cell immunity.

We plan to get the T cell test in a few months.
At what point did you consider yourself no longer infectious?

Glad you're both better.

OP
ecstatichamster
At what point did you consider yourself no longer infectious?

Glad you're both better.

we actually went to a doctor and got x-rays and an exam to rule out any pneumonia. Who really knows. The doctor said we aren't but what does he know? I know that taking ivermectin is still supporting my improvements in health.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the update hamster. I’m so glad you’re both recovering well.

Rafe

Just saw this Q and A by Miso to Dr Peat: (Just for encouragement)
Q: What would be your go-to medicines/food etc, if you started to develop "Covid" like symptoms like shortness of breath and fever?

RP: Aspirin, antihistamines, and antibiotics (azithromycin has been tested in covid), vitamin D, milk, orange juice,nebulized 4% saline, lidocaine (nebulized or oral), progesterone.
I am on day 7 with fever around 102, spiking into 103s a few times.

I used this guide & returned to this thread several times.

My glands are no longer swollen & sore so I’m about to try some hydrocortisone starting tomorrow.

Mistakes: not being aggressive enough from the beginning, which I think made it worse. It wasn’t until I was taking grams of aspirin that the fever stayed below 103.

What is working: aspirin, bag breathing when coughing, nebulizing 3% saline, cyproheptadine, famotidine, vit d, progesterone, amoxicillin (no azithromycin here) 2000 - 2500/day in small doses every 3/4 hrs, sleeping sitting up, getting up & moving slowly in the afternoon.

I got under tepid water or soaked my head if the fever spiked over 103.

I did modified proning if breathing was not good.

I didn’t test & didn’t use my pulse oximeter. I just needed to stay positive & confident that I could do this.

I’m pretty sure it’s delta b/c I lost my taste & small yesterday. I’ll probably get antibody testing if I can once I’m well.

Sorry it’s weird, but you guys are like family.

Mito

One thing that is important when recovering is using corticosteroids for awhile to combat the post virus inflammation. They can't be taken until you are no longer infectious but I think they are a missing link to recovery. Both my wife and I took prednisone for a bit after to assist our recovery.
What is the reason corticosteroids can’t be taken until no longer infectious?

Zpol

Interesting hearing everyone's stories.
I'll post my husband's for the record.
He's 44, has cardiovascular disease, had a heart attack about 5 years ago, takes statins, also takes levothyroxine, daily aspirin, has visceral fat, has borderline pre-diabetes (so kinda high risk), possibly lung issues from years of smoking (he quit after the heart attack).
New years day (Saturday), he felt fatigued, Sunday evening through Monday complained of a weird feeling in lungs, Tuesday called the doctor about his lungs, they told him to take c19 test, it was negative. Later in the afternoon he started to get feverish, by 7p, his fever was up to 103 F. Around 11p he took his oxygen saturation and it was 92. Started him on the full FLCCC protocol plus 80mg of famotidine and 100,000 IU vit D for two days, nebulized 3% saline and a couple drops HP every few hours (the only pharmaceuticals we used were IVM and HCQ). Also LOTS of fluids, mainly glasses of 1/2 fruit juice, 1/2 coconut water and a sprinkle of salt. We only did the .2 mg per kg dosage of IVM at this point. We both started with iodine rinses 2 to 4 times per day. I also started the post exposure FLCCC protocol right away but only the .2mg per kg dosage (and then twice a week for a couple weeks and stayed well fortunately). Wednesday morning, his fever was down to 99 F, stayed there for a couple days, body aches continued for a about a week. Friday we both took a double dose of IVM because I wasn't sure we were taking enough (he got the PCR positive result that day as well). The following Saturday (day 6) we talked to a nurse who specializes in home based c19 treatment and she switched him to hydroxychloroquine for another 7 days. The second week of his illness, he just felt like he had a cold, he continued the full protocol plus the other things I mentioned above. He's going to continue with full dose aspirin for several months.
As far as testing, we had to get a positive test in order to get the HCQ, it was a PCR test, the rapid tests were negative for both him and me (I had to test to go back to work). I did have a very weird thing happen to me after the first week of his illness; I got a major nose bleed. Literally, blood clots were coming out. It lasted about 5 min. Freaked me out completely.
Interestingly, he never had a sore throat or loss of smell/taste. Minor cough, congestion, and sporadic sneezing lasted for about two weeks.
Oh, I should mention, I was taking approx a quarter to half dropper full of Progesterone 4x per day during the two weeks he was sick.

Last edited:

Perry Staltic

Interesting hearing everyone's stories.
I'll post my husband's for the record.
He's 44, has cardiovascular disease, had a heart attack about 5 years ago, takes statins, also takes levothyroxine, daily aspirin, has visceral fat, has borderline pre-diabetes (so kinda high risk), possibly lung issues from years of smoking (he quit after the heart attack).
New years day (Saturday), he felt fatigued, Sunday evening through Monday complained of a weird feeling in lungs, Tuesday called the doctor about his lungs, they told him to take c19 test, it was negative. Later in the afternoon he started to get feverish, by 7p, his fever was up to 103 F. Around 11p he took his oxygen saturation and it was 92. Started him on the full FLCCC protocol plus 80mg of famotidine and 100,000 IU vit D for two days, nebulized 3% saline and a couple drops HP every few hours (the only pharmaceuticals we used were IVM and HCQ). Also LOTS of fluids, mainly glasses of 1/2 fruit juice, 1/2 coconut water and a sprinkle of salt. We only did the .2 mg per kg dosage of IVM at this point. We both started with iodine rinses 2 to 4 times per day. I also started the post exposure FLCCC protocol right away but only the .2mg per kg dosage (and then twice a week for a couple weeks and stayed well fortunately). Wednesday morning, his fever was down to 99 F, stayed there for a couple days, body aches continued for a about a week. Friday we both took a double dose of IVM because I wasn't sure we were taking enough (he got the PCR positive result that day as well). The following Saturday (day 6) we talked to a nurse who specializes in home based c19 treatment and she switched him to hydroxychloroquine for another 7 days. The second week of his illness, he just felt like he had a cold, he continued the full protocol plus the other things I mentioned above. He's going to continue with full dose aspirin for several months.
As far as testing, we had to get a positive test in order to get the HCQ, it was a PCR test, the rapid tests were negative for both him and me (I had to test to go back to work). I did have a very weird thing happen to me after the first week of his illness; I got a major nose bleed. Literally, blood clots were coming out. It lasted about 5 min. Freaked me out completely.
Interestingly, he never had a sore throat or loss of smell/taste. Minor cough, congestion, and sporadic sneezing lasted for about two weeks.
Oh, I should mention, I was taking approx a quarter to half dropper full of Progesterone 4x per day during the two weeks he was sick.

You were amazingly well prepared. Where/how did you find the nurse?

Zpol

You were amazingly well prepared. Where/how did you find the nurse?
My mom went to a natural health clinic called "Wellness Way". They recommended she get a bunch of blood lab work done and told her to go to this place to get it done... NPHS - Nurse Practitioner Health Services ( located in Wisconsin). I started following them on FB thinking I'd eventually get some blood work done there as well. I happened to see on their FB page they mentioned (in a reply) alternative treatments for C19. I called them up and sure enough, they offer the forbidden medications IVM and HCQ plus whatever else someone might need. They are cash based, charge flat fees, and do not accept insurance of any kind (this keeps their costs low due to no administrative fees).
I think (and hope) these organizations will start popping up in more locations since so many nurses are now disillusioned by their current positions in major hospitals and quitting or else getting fired for refusing vaccines.
I imagine the best way to find places like this is by looking for a Wellness Way clinic (it's a franchise), or a similar natural health clinic, and see who they partner with to get lab work done and compounding pharmacies they work with.

Rafe

Sounds similar to Mike’s experience with high fever.

View: https://youtu.be/08tV2s4Dil0

Identical to Mike’s experience & his reactions to it. I didn’t know I was sick. I went out to do some snow blowing & was not able to breathe enough.

Thought I had the flu. Took a conventional laxative on day 2. Had a raging sore throat days 3 - 6.

Thank you @Mito much appreciation.

Perry Staltic

I imagine the best way to find places like this is by looking for a Wellness Way clinic (it's a franchise), or a similar natural health clinic, and see who they partner with to get lab work done and compounding pharmacies they work with.

Is this the same place?

Rafe

Fever spiked again to 103.

After watching that video @Mito posted of Mike’s experience I looked around the house & found an unopened bottle of Tylenol.

Took 2. Within 30 min the fever started to come down. In 1.5 hr it went from 103 to 100.9.

After a week of fever it’s working.

OP
ecstatichamster
Great stories, thank you. @Zpol I think that there is too much hesitation with low IVM dosages. The Dr. Landrito protocol I folllowed (and others did too) works because it reaches an effective dose that can sometimes be quite high compared to what I see pepole getting, but it worked out well for your husband and you so kudos to you And congratulations for getting through this so well. The nebulizer is a great idea, with hypertonic saline and hydrogen peroxide. A small tabletop nebulizer was part of my purchases last year in case I needed it, and we needed it.

OP
ecstatichamster
I am on day 7 with fever around 102, spiking into 103s a few times.

I used this guide & returned to this thread several times.

My glands are no longer swollen & sore so I’m about to try some hydrocortisone starting tomorrow.

Mistakes: not being aggressive enough from the beginning, which I think made it worse. It wasn’t until I was taking grams of aspirin that the fever stayed below 103.

What is working: aspirin, bag breathing when coughing, nebulizing 3% saline, cyproheptadine, famotidine, vit d, progesterone, amoxicillin (no azithromycin here) 2000 - 2500/day in small doses every 3/4 hrs, sleeping sitting up, getting up & moving slowly in the afternoon.

I got under tepid water or soaked my head if the fever spiked over 103.

I did modified proning if breathing was not good.

I didn’t test & didn’t use my pulse oximeter. I just needed to stay positive & confident that I could do this.

I’m pretty sure it’s delta b/c I lost my taste & small yesterday. I’ll probably get antibody testing if I can once I’m well.

Sorry it’s weird, but you guys are like family.

It would be helpful to get Ivermectin if you can get it. It’s not weird at all. Also the corticosteroids are essential to recovery.

Zpol

Great stories, thank you. @Zpol I think that there is too much hesitation with low IVM dosages. The Dr. Landrito protocol I folllowed (and others did too) works because it reaches an effective dose that can sometimes be quite high compared to what I see pepole getting, but it worked out well for your husband and you so kudos to you And congratulations for getting through this so well. The nebulizer is a great idea, with hypertonic saline and hydrogen peroxide. A small tabletop nebulizer was part of my purchases last year in case I needed it, and we needed it.
Thank you! I'm so glad to hear you and your wife are much better now too.
Yes, in hindsight, I think we could have gone higher with the IVM. Dosage is so important. To be honest, we only had a limited amount the first four days so we had to make a decision; do we ration it for several days or do we use the high dose but only for a few days. And do I give it all to him and pray that I stay well, or do we keep some set aside for me in case I needed it. We couldn't get more until he got a positive test, which took 3 days, then called the nurse, then had to wait for the prescription to be ready. The reason we didn't have enough is because I only had a prophylactic prescription for me, and I weigh 106 lbs, my husband weighs 180 lbs. So he needed considerably more. He declined getting a prophylactic prescription for himself and instead was banking on monoclonal antibody treatment which he was surprised to find out it was no longer attainable. I'm telling this story as much as I can to anyone who will listen because it's so important (for high risk peeps at least) to have this all prepared in advance and probably don't count on monoclonal antibodies anymore.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals