Covid recovery for a loved one

OP
ecstatichamster
I found the horse paste reliable supply. It’s not pleasant but it is safe and available even now.

Zpol

I found the horse paste reliable supply. It’s not pleasant but it is safe and available even now.
Oh.. good to know. Until now I didn't know anyone who used it effectively so I was a little freaked about it. It's good to know your experience.

OP
ecstatichamster
Oh.. good to know. Until now I didn't know anyone who used it effectively so I was a little freaked about it. It's good to know your experience.

118mg per syringe. You just do the arithmetic and take what you want. Easy peasy.

Birdie

Fever spiked again to 103.

After watching that video @Mito posted of Mike’s experience I looked around the house & found an unopened bottle of Tylenol.

Took 2. Within 30 min the fever started to come down. In 1.5 hr it went from 103 to 100.9.

After a week of fever it’s working.
So glad Rafe. Keep it up. Know you will.

Lejeboca

I’m pretty sure it’s delta b/c I lost my taste & small yesterday. I’ll probably get antibody testing if I can once I’m well.
I'd try MB and red light: The results for convid symptoms were remarkable:

Although photodynamic theraphty (high MB+light) was disapproved of by Dr. Peat recently, so were the corticosteriods...
Nevertheless, in this critical situation, I'd give MB a go, for sure.

Take care!

@ecstatichamster , great to hear that you and your loved one are okay now !

OP
ecstatichamster

Although photodynamic theraphty (high MB+light) was disapproved of by Dr. Peat recently, so were the corticosteriods...

Take care!

thank you!

Rafe

Take care!

Thank you, I’ll look into this.

miquelangeles

My experience, maybe it helps someone.

In the last week of December I nebulized iodine for the first time, trying to get rid of a mild cough that is usually triggered by food allergies and lingers for a while. I did it for two days in a row, once per day.

Normally I am borderline hyperthyroid, so I quickly realized I made a mistake with the iodine and sent myself into hyperthyroid crisis, because on the 3rd day I started having pretty bad tachycardia, intermittent fever, insomnia, increased hunger and increased bowel movements. A very unpleasant experience. Not the first time though, I had a similar experience from a megadose of ashwagandha before.
So I started taking L-carnitine, B1, CoQ10, cruciferous vegetables and propranolol and prepared for some rough 2 weeks ahead until the thyroid hormones would gradually reduce.

The following day I found out that I was exposed to the virus coincidentally exactly the same day I nebulized the iodine.
I did a rapid test every day at home, but it wasn't until the 5th day of symptoms that it came positive.
So for the first 5 days of symptoms I was operating under the assumption that I was in a hyperthyroid crisis, which is technically true because any viral infection also sends my thyroid into overdrive. But I wish I knew I had the virus earlier in order to treat it more aggressively.

The fever lasted for 11 days, and the whole experience was quite rough. First week was more bearable, because I'm that kind of person who gets an antidepressant effect from fever, but the 2nd week was harder as I got more exhausted and more pronounced malaise feeling as if I was poisoned.
It reminded me of my bout of Dengue fever which I had in 2016 and was pretty severe.

Since I found out rather late that I was positive, and being in a hyperthyroid state I tried a conservative approach with smaller doses of multiple drugs and supplements:
- nebulized 4% saline 3-4 times per day
- 10mg propranolol twice per day
- 100mg aspirin
- CoQ10
- B1
- low dose B complex with RDA amounts, several times per day
- clarithromycin for 4 days
- erdosteine which is a mucolytic and antioxidant (because I can't tolerate NAC)
- Bronchipret TP, a German herbal product which contains thyme and cowslip (it was also tested against sars-cov-2: link.springer.com/article/10.1186/s40816-021-00264-6)
- red light on chest and back and sinuses area
- lots of warm water with honey
- cyproheptadine 2mg two times per day, for 4 days in the 2nd week of illness
- Bhramari pranayama or humming through the nose, to release nitric oxide and reduce inflammation (20 minutes morning and evening)
- inhaled budesonide after day 10 but I stopped after 2 days because I felt that it hurt my ability to cough and expectorate

I did have a hacking cough and I tried to expectorate as much as possible. My oxygen saturation stayed between 97-99% all the time though.

I am still recovering but thankfully it seems to get better every day. Until a week ago it was difficult to even walk due to dysautonomia symptoms.

Vitamin A (30,000-40,000 IU) has been incredibly helpful, especially because it treats hyperthyroidism symptoms in my case, but I'm sure it is very beneficial to anyone who is recovering from covid. It literally made me feel better overnight. I'm also taking pycnogenol, B1, K1, occasionally some Reishi.

InChristAlone

In the last week of December I nebulized iodine for the first time, trying to get rid of a mild cough that is usually triggered by food allergies and lingers for a while. I did it for two days in a row, once per day.

Normally I am borderline hyperthyroid, so I quickly realized I made a mistake with the iodine and sent myself into hyperthyroid crisis, because on the 3rd day I started having pretty bad tachycardia, intermittent fever, insomnia, increased hunger and increased bowel movements. A very unpleasant experience. Not the first time though, I had a similar experience from a megadose of ashwagandha before.
So I started taking L-carnitine, B1, CoQ10, cruciferous vegetables and propranolol and prepared for some rough 2 weeks ahead until the thyroid hormones would gradually reduce.

The following day I found out that I was exposed to the virus coincidentally exactly the same day I nebulized the iodine.
I did a rapid test every day at home, but it wasn't until the 5th day of symptoms that it came positive.
So for the first 5 days of symptoms I was operating under the assumption that I was in a hyperthyroid crisis, which is technically true because any viral infection also sends my thyroid into overdrive. But I wish I knew I had the virus earlier in order to treat it more aggressively.

The fever lasted for 11 days, and the whole experience was quite rough. First week was more bearable, because I'm that kind of person who gets an antidepressant effect from fever, but the 2nd week was harder as I got more exhausted and more pronounced malaise feeling as if I was poisoned.
It reminded me of my bout of Dengue fever which I had in 2016 and was pretty severe.

Since I found out rather late that I was positive, and being in a hyperthyroid state I tried a conservative approach with smaller doses of multiple drugs and supplements:
- 100mg aspirin
- CoQ10
- B1
- erdosteine which is a mucolytic and antioxidant (because I can't tolerate NAC)
- Bronchipret TP, a German herbal product which contains thyme and cowslip (it was also tested against sars-cov-2: link.springer.com/article/10.1186/s40816-021-00264-6)
- Bhramari pranayama or humming through the nose, to release nitric oxide and reduce inflammation (20 minutes morning and evening)
- inhaled budesonide after day 10 but I stopped after 2 days because I felt that it hurt my ability to cough and expectorate

I did have a hacking cough and I tried to expectorate as much as possible. My oxygen saturation stayed between 97-99% all the time though.

I am still recovering but thankfully it seems to get better every day. Until a week ago it was difficult to even walk due to dysautonomia symptoms.

Vitamin A (30,000-40,000 IU) has been incredibly helpful, especially because it treats hyperthyroidism symptoms in my case, but I'm sure it is very beneficial to anyone who is recovering from covid. It literally made me feel better overnight. I'm also taking pycnogenol, B1, K1, occasionally some Reishi.
My goodness you threw the entire kitchen sink at it! How do you know what is doing what? Good on you for dong the B1 for the hyperthyroid crisis, I just read a study last night about that. Honestly you sounded like you were in full on oxidative crisis and B1 operates as an antioxidant. At the first sign of this I would have been mega dosing vitamin C. I'm thinking this illness could have turned into cytokine storm.

miquelangeles

My goodness you threw the entire kitchen sink at it! How do you know what is doing what? Good on you for dong the B1 for the hyperthyroid crisis, I just read a study last night about that. Honestly you sounded like you were in full on oxidative crisis and B1 operates as an antioxidant. At the first sign of this I would have been mega dosing vitamin C. I'm thinking this illness could have turned into cytokine storm.
It seems a lot but the doses were quite conservative and I didn't take all of them simultaneously, I did it in different stages.
Yes, B1 helps a lot. Recently I looked into vitamin A in more detail. Ray mentioned on several occasions that retinol competes with thyroid hormones on the same transport protein called transthyretin or prealbumin. Or that a hyperthyroid state requires more vitamin A.
In the 40s and 50s hyperthyroidism was treated with high dose vitamin A.

Attachments

• USE OF MASSIVE DOSES OF VITAMIN A IN THE TREATMENT OF HYPERTHYROIDISM.pdf
    992.8 KB · Views: 12
  • VITAMIN A DEFICIENCY IN DISEASE OF THE THYROID GLAND - ITS DETECTION BY DARK ADAPTATION.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • EFFECTS OF VITAMINS ON EXPERIMENTAL HYPERTHYROIDISM.pdf
    794.9 KB · Views: 10
  • THE EFFECT OF HYPERTHYROIDISM ON VITAMIN A REQUIREMENT IN THE RAT.pdf
    346.9 KB · Views: 3
  • B Vitamins and Hyperthyroidism.pdf
    138.9 KB · Views: 3
OP
ecstatichamster

- 100mg aspirin
- CoQ10
- B1

Glad you are recovering. I was told about people using povidone and I wouldn’t do it. I remember Dr. Peat talking about how bad it is to use iodine if you are infected because you need all the thyroid activity you can muster.

Did you ever consider ivermectin? It helped me and my wife immensely.

miquelangeles

Glad you are recovering. I was told about people using povidone and I wouldn’t do it. I remember Dr. Peat talking about how bad it is to use iodine if you are infected because you need all the thyroid activity you can muster.

Did you ever consider ivermectin? It helped me and my wife immensely.
Thank you. I am happy to hear you and your wife are doing better too.
It was a diluted povidone protocol that I tried, yes.
I considered getting some ivermectin a while ago but I ended up buying Arbidol (umifenovir) instead. It’s a non-toxic antiviral widely used in Russia and China, effective against a broad range of viruses.
It is being used for covid in Eastern Europe with good results.
But I chose not to take it because I found out late that I was positive and considered that the viral replication phase was almost over. My wife used it from the first sign of symptoms though.
I know that ivermectin helps in multiple ways including rebalancing the immune system, but for now I seem to be getting better on my current regimen.

OP
ecstatichamster
Thank you. I am happy to hear you and your wife are doing better too.
It was a diluted povidone protocol that I tried, yes.
I considered getting some ivermectin a while ago but I ended up buying Arbidol (umifenovir) instead. It’s a non-toxic antiviral widely used in Russia and China, effective against a broad range of viruses.
It is being used for covid in Eastern Europe with good results.
But I chose not to take it because I found out late that I was positive and considered that the viral replication phase was almost over. My wife used it from the first sign of symptoms though.
I know that ivermectin helps in multiple ways including rebalancing the immune system, but for now I seem to be getting better on my current regimen.

so glad! thank you.

Glad to hear that Mr. and Mrs. @ecstatichamster are doing better.

At least a couple of times recently -- during an interview and in response to an email -- Ray Peat has suggested lidocaine as a possible therapy for cv. I've had a respiratory infection on and off for a week, and felt it was getting worse last night, with an inflamed feeling in the lower part of my throat and lots of unproductive throat-clearing and coughing. This morning, I put 30 mg of lidocaine HCl powder (not a huge dose) in a gelatin capsule and washed it down with warm apple juice. Within 20-30 minutes, I felt lidocaine's anxiolytic effects and my breathing eased. In another 20-30 minutes, the throat-clearing became productive, my throat felt better, and the congestion in my chest started to fade. Looks like lidocaine may be buying me some time to give the infection a knock-out punch.

I don't think my infection is very severe, so I don't claim everyone will get the same results, but lidocaine is worth keeping in your medicine cabinet.

youngsinatra

This thread reminds me that COVID-19 truely is a serious condition for many people.

Wishing you speedy recovery!

OP
ecstatichamster
Glad to hear that Mr. and Mrs. @ecstatichamster are doing better.

At least a couple of times recently -- during an interview and in response to an email -- Ray Peat has suggested lidocaine as a possible therapy for cv. I've had a respiratory infection on and off for a week, and felt it was getting worse last night, with an inflamed feeling in the lower part of my throat and lots of unproductive throat-clearing and coughing. This morning, I put 30 mg of lidocaine HCl powder (not a huge dose) in a gelatin capsule and washed it down with warm apple juice. Within 20-30 minutes, I felt lidocaine's anxiolytic effects and my breathing eased. In another 20-30 minutes, the throat-clearing became productive, my throat felt better, and the congestion in my chest started to fade. Looks like lidocaine may be buying me some time to give the infection a knock-out punch.

I don't think my infection is very severe, so I don't claim everyone will get the same results, but lidocaine is worth keeping in your medicine cabinet.

Thank you for the good wishes.

I took lidocaine but it didn't really help that much but glad it is helping you and always a good thing to try.

One thing that helps tremendously is pyrocet. It helps make breathing immediately much better. Always works.

Rafe

I’m on day 13. My temps have been hanging around 99 - 100 the past 3 days.

I stopped taking everything about 2 days ago. I only nebulize saline now.

I got mad that I’d been inside & sick (& my car battery died) so I borrowed a truck & went for a short hike. There was a windy snow storm, but I had to get out.

It turned out fine. I was very sick for me the past 2 weeks but I am much more resilient than I ever was in my life.

It’s possible I have a lingering bacterial infection, but I’m just going to call this done for now.

Wishing everyone well. This thread will be here to help people.

Thank you for the good wishes.

I took lidocaine but it didn't really help that much but glad it is helping you and always a good thing to try.

One thing that helps tremendously is pyrocet. It helps make breathing immediately much better. Always works.

Thanks for the tip regarding pyrucet.

Your lidocaine thread was what prompted me to try it a few years ago. My comment was mostly directed to others who might not have known that it's on Ray Peat's list of substances to try for cv19 and other respiratory infections.

OP
ecstatichamster
I’m on day 13. My temps have been hanging around 99 - 100 the past 3 days.

I stopped taking everything about 2 days ago. I only nebulize saline now.

I got mad that I’d been inside & sick (& my car battery died) so I borrowed a truck & went for a short hike. There was a windy snow storm, but I had to get out.

It turned out fine. I was very sick for me the past 2 weeks but I am much more resilient than I ever was in my life.

It’s possible I have a lingering bacterial infection, but I’m just going to call this done for now.

Wishing everyone well. This thread will be here to help people.

I’m relieved. Glad things are improving.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals