Corona Virus How To Treat

Giraffe

Question for everyone saying that there is no reason to be afraid: What would it take for you to admit, that this virus is obvious danger for you and your family? Define the point in sequence of events when you will act.

edit: if one cant answer that question, i would presume that the reason why that is, is because one is in denial and cant process current facts / possible outcomes.
This is circular reasoning:

(1) Premise: This corona virus is dangerous.
(2) Conclusion: Since this corona virus is dangerous, everyone who can not think of a "sequence of events when [he] will act" is a denialist.

The flaw in your argumentation is that it's not an established fact at all that this newly discovered corona virus is dangerous by itself. In most cases there are only mild symptoms. Of those who died the vast majority were old and/or had diseases that made them more vulnerable. January is the time of the year when mortality of cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases is the highest, and the air pollution in China is a serious issue.

Last edited:

Vesi

This is circular reasoning:

(1) Premise: This corona virus is dangerous.
(2) Conclusion: Since this corona virus is dangerous, everyone who can not think of a "sequence of events when [he] will act" is a denialist.

The flaw in your argumentation is that it's not an established fact at all that this newly discovered corona virus is dangerous by itself. In most cases there are only mild symptoms. Of those who died the vast majority were old and/or had diseases that made them more vulnerable. January is the time of the year when mortality of cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases is the highest, and the air pollution in China is a serious issue.

I didn't say that it is dangerous. I asked what it takes to realize that it is dangerous.

Normalcy bias - Wikipedia
According to this wiki page, about 70% of people suffer from denial when facing obvious disaster. Many of them brilliant people, with no personal realization that they deny reality. It's not far fetched to say that most would be in denial in situation like ncov2019, even if there was ample free and available evidence to presume personal risk.

What is that evidence? Of course i have personal opinion on ncov2019. It takes few minutes to check latency time from infection to symptoms, days of infectivity before symptoms and basic reproduction number. Realize what exponential function means. Then compare those numbers to previous epidemics. Few minutes to check symptoms and likely outcomes of disease (for example, to check how SARS patients from 2003 fare today compared to everyone else). Some time on top of that to deduce what is most likely going to happen.

I'm just asking a simple question on what it takes to change ones mind.

Giraffe

(for example, to check how SARS patients from 2003 fare today compared to everyone else)
As far as I know the diagnosis of SARS infection often was based solely on symptoms and the fact that a person has been to a region where the virus had been detected. Treatment was mainly ribavirin, an antiviral with little effect on the SARS virus, but serious side effects. Mortality was high in Asia and Canada, but not in Europe or the US.

Let's look at Canada:

Learning from SARS
As with any new disease, treatment plans for SARS were designed and implemented with little or no evidence to back them up. Typically, a patient admitted with SARS would receive supplemental oxygen as required, antibiotics to cover a potential bacterial infection, and possibly—depending on the treating physician—ribavirin, a potent medication known to be effective against a variety of viruses. Steroids were used for patients with worsening respiratory symptoms, a clinical scenario that apparently corresponded to an excessive and counterproductive inflammatory response in the lungs.

As the doctors in Toronto gained experience, they concluded that ribavirin was likely causing more harm than good. Many patients receiving it were developing toxic side effects like red blood cell breakdown and liver dysfunction, and many patients who did not receive the antiviral medication were recovering. This information, coupled with in vitro testing (i.e., in the laboratory) showing little or no effect on the SARS coronavirus, led Canadian physicians to stop prescribing ribavirin. Clinicians in other countries continued to use ribavirin, but in smaller doses that limited its side effects. Even in this era of evidence-based medicine, SARS forced physicians to trust their instincts—and their colleagues’ collective wisdom.

Some more information on ribavirin:

Health care worker exposure to aerosolized ribavirin: biological and air monitoring. - PubMed - NCBI

Aerosolized ribavirin is administered frequently to treat severe respiratory syncytial virus infections. [...] Ribavirin was detected in 16 of 26 (62%) post-work-shift urine samples that had been provided by nurses, and in five of 22 (23%) post-work-shift urine samples that had been provided by respiratory therapists (range, < 0.01 to 0.22 mumol/L).
Much of the disease worldwide was associated with hospital-based breakouts. In highly effected countries healthcare workers accounted for a large proportion of persons with SARS.

Canada has learned lessons from the SARS epidemic: They have built a new hospital where the staff and other patients are better protected, and the health care workers are better trained today.

On steroid therapy:

Pro/con clinical debate: Steroids are a key component in the treatment of SARS

Steroid therapy causes significant adverse effects, and this remains true in patients with SARS. Wang and coworkers [12] described a case of fatal aspergillosis, and recent press reports indicate that a large number of SARS survivors in Hong Kong are now suffering from steroid-induced avascular necrosis [13,14]. Myopathy and polyneuropathy occur in ARDS patients treated with steroids [15], and this has been noted in follow up of SARS patients (S Herridge, personal communication, 2003).

Currently, there is no published evidence demonstrating an improvement in morbidity or mortality with steroid treatment in SARS.

I'm just asking a simple question on what it takes to change ones mind.
If it turned out that the people in China are dying of anthrax pneumonia or pneumonic plague I will reevaluate, until then I will do what is best to keep of a cold.

InChristAlone

As far as I know the diagnosis of SARS infection often was based solely on symptoms and the fact that a person has been to a region where the virus had been detected. Treatment was mainly ribavirin, an antiviral with little effect on the SARS virus, but serious side effects. Mortality was high in Asia and Canada, but not in Europe or the US.

Let's look at Canada:

Learning from SARS

Some more information on ribavirin:

Health care worker exposure to aerosolized ribavirin: biological and air monitoring. - PubMed - NCBI

Much of the disease worldwide was associated with hospital-based breakouts. In highly effected countries healthcare workers accounted for a large proportion of persons with SARS.

Canada has learned lessons from the SARS epidemic: They have built a new hospital where the staff and other patients are better protected, and the health care workers are better trained today.

On steroid therapy:

Pro/con clinical debate: Steroids are a key component in the treatment of SARS

If it turned out that the people in China are dying of anthrax pneumonia or pneumonic plague I will reevaluate, until then I will do what is best to keep of a cold.
Thank-you for being another voice of reason!

Look up the word virus, it literally means poison, "slimy liquid". Consider when you get a viral infection that your body is in need of a serious clean out physically and mentally and that you cannot get healthy by giving the body more poisons or more fear or more panic. I'll keep saying it. CLEAN AIR. CLEAN WATER. CLEAN MIND. Sunlight, sleep, food, rest for the tired and weak. Stop with the doom and gloom. Just stop.

berk

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Apparently an antiviral drug called remdesivir is being tested on patients infected with the virus and has already been shown to work in some anecdotal cases.

Remdesivir - Wikipedia

"Remdesivir metabolizes into its active form GS-441524. GS-441524 is an adenosine nucleotide analog that confuses viral RNA polymerase and evades proofreading by viral exonuclease (ExoN)goog, causing a decrease in viral RNA production. It is unknown whether it terminates RNA chains or causes mutations in them.[23]"

LukeL

My GF recently had the flu and she lives with me. We sleep in the same bed, eat the same food, and I took care of her giving her massages etc... on top of that numerous people I work with had the flu at the time (I work in the restaurant industry - people get sick a lot)

I took 675mg - 1 gram of aspirin daily and 3mg of Progesterone daily and didn’t get the flu. Couldn’t believe it because I am prone to getting the flu as I used to get it every year.

In my anecdotal experience Aspirin and Progesterone is a great antiviral combo @haidut

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter

I think this guy is genuine in his belief that things are a lot worse potentially I just don't know if he is right in terms of how bad it actually will be in the west. Pretty thorough video exposing the Chinese governments lies in regards to this. My thought is that China is basically going to have to abandon containment soon and just try to manage the infected. The economic hit is going to be too much for them to tolerate.

Time will tell.

Inaut

On the newest OneRadio Network with Mark Sircus, Mark told Pat that baking soda is the easiest medicine to get a hold of if you are concerned. Didn’t detail much other than it’s good for reducing inflammation.,, He said mag bicarbonate is good as wel

Peater Piper

Snort xylitol and make sure stomach acid is plentiful. That should prevent most infections that gain entry through the mouth and sinuses. The eyes are still vulnerable, though.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

tara

Snort xylitol and make sure stomach acid is plentiful. That should prevent most infections that gain entry through the mouth and sinuses. The eyes are still vulnerable, though.

This is interesting. I'm not the only one who thinks about snorting sugars. Pure glucose probably will provide instant energy directly to the brain.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals