Asthma medication (Beta-2 agonists) gives lot of health benefits and perfect for beating corona ?

Hgreen56

Because I am an asthma patient I was curious what effect my medication would have on my health.
I found out that my asthma medication has many positive health benefits.

First, let's see what exactly asthma medication are:
What i understand is that asthma medications are Beta-2 agonists.

The best known is Clenbuterol which is often used with animals/ horses to dilate airways so that the mucus in the airways are thinned.
Here in the Netherlands it is forbidden to give this drug to people but it is still regularly used illegally by professional sports such as bodybuilders, swimmers, cyclists and soccer players.

But why is this drug so popular in the sports world?
After some digging a little deeper I found out that Beta-2-agonists offer many advantages to human health.

- Positive effect on glucose metabolism
- Increase thyroid hormone T3
- Is anabolic (reduced protein breakdown/protein sparing effect)
- anti-inflammatory
and probably more..

Doctors consider clenbuterol as a drug with too many side effects for people.
Doping users often think otherwise, but even in the doping world clenbuterol is known as an uncomfortable drug.
Its can be associated with chronic headaches, nausea, dizziness, anxiety, panic attacks, muscle tremor and cardiac arrhythmia.

But there are other (legal) Beta-2-agonist drugs for asthma patients.

Medication like Salbutamol, terbutaline, salmeterol, formoterol.
They are all Beta-2 agonists.
Studies show many health benefits of these agents.

Taking eight puffs of terbutaline every day results in a kilo of extra muscle mass 4 weeks later
Medical doses of salmeterol and formoterol allow athletes to sprint faster
Combination of salbutamol, caffeine and high-calorie diet: more muscle, less fat
Terbutaline tabs for a month: gain 2 kilos of muscle, lose 1 kilo of fat
Albuterol improves response to levodopa and increases skeletal muscle mass in patients with fluctuating Parkinson disease - PubMed
The muscle‐hypertrophic effect of clenbuterol is additive to the hypertrophic effect of myostatin suppression
Effects of short-term oral salbutamol administration on exercise endurance and metabolism - PubMed

Also it looks like this medication is also perfect for fighting corona.

There was recently a dutch article written about how remarkably few asthmatics end up in ic with corona.

"During the first wave, we have only seen one asthma patient in the ICU in our hospital, and during the second wave also one so far. That's relatively little when you see how common asthma is in the Netherlands," says Gert-Jan Braunstahl, a pulmonologist at Franciscus Gasthuis & Vlietland in Rotterdam. He is considered the expert on asthma in the Netherlands.

He treats dozens of patients with (severe) asthma. Some 15 to 20 of his patients became infected with the coronavirus in the past six months. "Two people had to be hospitalized, but in most of my asthma patients this corona infection had a mild course. They had mild symptoms like colds, headaches and feeling fluish."

Other pulmonologists this picture as well. among pulmonologists there is a perception that asthmatics are relatively less often hospitalized because of corona," says Leon van den Toorn, president of the Dutch Association of Physicians for Pulmonary Diseases and Tuberculosis (NVALT).

And other countries are also drawing the same conclusions. "Despite warnings that asthmatics would be at higher risk, they are underrepresented in death rates," the New York Times wrote in May. An earlier study published in medical journal The Lancet also showed this.
Asthma Is Absent Among Top Covid-19 Risk Factors, Early Data Shows

Puffers may have protective effect
"The inhalers, or puffers that asthmatics use, often contain steroids. These have an anti-inflammatory effect," says Braunstahl.

This stuff looks awesome, also for healthy people if they want to boost their health or fighting/protecting itself against viruses.
I wondering what you guys think of this.

edit: what i don't understand is why clenbuterol is illegal here and all the others are not .

Last edited:

Hirri

I am wondering what others think, my husband has asthma and is using inhalers every single day twice. And I've always been amazed how generally healthy he is both mentally and physically (except for asthma). He is calm, sleeps well all the time, adapts well to anything and barely ever gets sick with anything. He is the only person I know that never had that "stomach flu" thing.

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

I am wondering what others think, my husband has asthma and is using inhalers every single day twice. And I've always been amazed how generally healthy he is both mentally and physically (except for asthma). He is calm, sleeps well all the time, adapts well to anything and barely ever gets sick with anything. He is the only person I know that never had that "stomach flu" thing.
just curiosity, what is he using?

Hirri

just curiosity, what is he using?
He is using Symbicort Turbuhaler twice a day. Symbicort (budesonide and formoterol fumarate dihydrate) is a combination of a steroid and a long-acting bronchodilator used to prevent bronchospasm in people with asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)

Mauritio

I dont think its a good thing to increase adrenaline long term . it increases FFA ,which will eventually lead to cancer .
Blocking adrenaline has been shown to be therapeutic for cancer .

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals