Regina

Dont worry too much about rosehips being anythjng but vitamjn C. After wild roses wilt and the rosehip fruit forms in September, I pick several pounds after a crisp night which really turns them sweet. The "seed" in each gets pinched out. I immediately line a piecrust with them packed tightly with beaten egg, cream cheese and brown sugar to bake for the best fall tart ever. The rest I divide for drying into tea and a batch of jam for the winter.
:thumbright

J

jb116

My inosine capsules just arrived. Looking forward to gauging how I feel from it.

No idea what to expect from a neurotransmitter point of view. Stimulating or sedating... Soon find out !
whichever you ended up with, you don't mind the excipients?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 8.44.48 pm.png

Source Naturals ^

***t excipients. But oh well.

Dave Clark

Peak Performance Inosine 1 lb - horses get all the good vitamins.
I bought this and have been using it with no apparent issues. On my bottle (not in the link picture, though) it has the NASC seal, which is sort of like a veterinary version of the FDA, where they do random quality control on participating companies.
Where these may not be the purist in the world, I would bet they are just as pure as most high quality products sold to humans. Aniprin is another good deal. Saying it is 'Not for Human use' is just a technicality, if it is nothing but inosine, it certainly can be for human use, they just can't tell you that. Selegeline (deprenyl) is sold for veterinary use, where it has that disclaimer, yet we know that deprenyl is beneficial and safe for humans, just another example.

akgrrrl

I have been buying Aniprin for years. It does seem to degrade a little over time, maybe just my imagination tho, or tolerance maybe

Dave Clark

I have been buying Aniprin for years. It does seem to degrade a little over time, maybe just my imagination tho, or tolerance maybe
Well, you might have to consider what the shelf life of aspirin is first of all, then maybe if you are not using it in a certain amount of time, it may need to be in the fridge. That is the trade off when you buy in bulk, you get a cheaper price, but if you don't use enough of it, you end up throwing the rest out, and then wondering it you saved any money at all. Most drugs lose a bit of potency over time, but they are still safe to take, they just are not as strong, taking a bit more compensates for that. And refrigeration extends the shelf life of most vitamins and drugs.

mrchibbs

Well, you might have to consider what the shelf life of aspirin is first of all, then maybe if you are not using it in a certain amount of time, it may need to be in the fridge. That is the trade off when you buy in bulk, you get a cheaper price, but if you don't use enough of it, you end up throwing the rest out, and then wondering it you saved any money at all. Most drugs lose a bit of potency over time, but they are still safe to take, they just are not as strong, taking a bit more compensates for that. And refrigeration extends the shelf life of most vitamins and drugs.

I think Ray keeps his bulk aspirin powder in the freezer to prevent this. Take out only a little at a time, enough for a month, and repeat.

Dave Clark

I think Ray keeps his bulk aspirin powder in the freezer to prevent this. Take out only a little at a time, enough for a month, and repeat.
That's good to know, I will have to try that. I usually refrain from freezing vitamins/drugs, only because I often hear that it can be damaging to some things, like oils or fats and other sensitive compounds. But, if it works for the aspirin, that's where I will put mine when buying bulk.

KTownSatfats

Thank you. I ordered some last night so I was just curious.
I’m using the cardenosine and I somehow feel somewhat protected by it. That’s no doubt mental, but I do like how it makes me feel. I’m not up to full dose and I’m taking some herbs too. Trying to figure out what does what. Lomatium is dynamite for upper respiratory issues and I can feel it work. On my allergies so far, though it’s also supposed to be protective as far as flu or colds. Fingers crossed.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’m using the cardenosine and I somehow feel somewhat protected by it. That’s no doubt mental, but I do like how it makes me feel. I’m not up to full dose and I’m taking some herbs too. Trying to figure out what does what. Lomatium is dynamite for upper respiratory issues and I can feel it work. On my allergies so far, though it’s also supposed to be protective as far as flu or colds. Fingers crossed.
Awesome, thank you.

Bart1

inosine is amazing. I have chronic lyme and it really helps although it's not powerfull enough on it's own, I don't know if going higher would be helpfull. I'm at 1,5 grams per day. I see in this study 1 gram 3x per day for 8 days, I wonder if doing this longer would have any side effects?

RealNeat

inosine is amazing. I have chronic lyme and it really helps although it's not powerfull enough on it's own, I don't know if going higher would be helpfull. I'm at 1,5 grams per day. I see in this study 1 gram 3x per day for 8 days, I wonder if doing this longer would have any side effects?
Source seems to be an issue, have a good one?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals