Coq10 Supplementation And K2

Kray

yes.topical absorption is iffy i guess.
This is a good oral dose though.
My take as well. If it's a good quality why not orally. I usually drop vit D and vit K under the tongue along with pregnenolone in the evening

My take as well. If it's a good quality why not orally. I usually drop vit D and vit K under the tongue along with pregnenolone in the evening

Yes.
A lot of data available has per os oral as administration, so its a known quantity.

Kray

Yes.
A lot of data available has per os oral as administration, so its a known quantity.
Seems to make sense, and aren't most studies based on oral for safety purposes. Never have been quite convinced about topical absorption efficacy on many supplements.

Seems to make sense, and aren't most studies based on oral for safety purposes. Never have been quite convinced about topical absorption efficacy on many supplements.

topical admin is surely interesting,but i have to see a bit more data on it.

I notice a trend with heart palpitations recently when dosing K-2 orally -- and this didn't seem to be a problem time ago when I would dose way higher and had zero negative symptoms or such.

Is this because of weak digestion/it irritating my gut maybe? Only would take 1-3mg the most, sometimes dissolved in milk or such. Would coconut oil be better?

I decided to skip on using it for a while for this reason.

@ScurveDream I can't say for sure but it happened to me when I first used it (k2 mk4) and disappeared after taking more milk, so maybe calcium related. Someone else had a similar issue: K2 Causing Heart Palpitations

Yeah, I think I browsed through that thread before.

Maybe the issue is Vitamin D or something else? When it didn't bother me I ate plenty or at least wasn't in the low state I was previously in (weak, under eating and really low energy/bad anxiety/etc.).

For me it was the opposite -- no side effects some time ago but after I crashed and healed somewhat from the stressed/PUFA laden state now I seem to not handle it properly.

I don't think it is from low calcium since -- even despite the serotonergic tendency of milk affecting me -- I still often drink it enough to get at least around 1 gram daily or so, among other sources when dosing K-2.

One other thing I can think of is that I have built up a habit of taking it right before bed. Maybe bad timing since it is consumed after meals than before/during most? I know it is cardio-active but it doesn't affect pulse for me -- just those cursed palpitations usually the next day for some time (like the heart is getting a "forced" beat kicked in to it or a forced pause and it has to constantly re-adjust to the trigger/signal).

Last edited:

Amazoniac

- Mitochondrial respiration without ubiquinone biosynthesis
Abstract said:
Ubiquinone (UQ), a.k.a. coenzyme Q, is a redox-active lipid that participates in several cellular processes, in particular mitochondrial electron transport. Primary UQ deficiency is a rare but severely debilitating condition. Mclk1 (a.k.a. Coq7) encodes a conserved mitochondrial enzyme that is necessary for UQ biosynthesis. We engineered conditional Mclk1 knockout models to study pathogenic effects of UQ deficiency and to assess potential therapeutic agents for the treatment of UQ deficiencies. We found that Mclk1 knockout cells are viable in the total absence of UQ. The UQ biosynthetic precursor DMQ9 accumulates in these cells and can sustain mitochondrial respiration, albeit inefficiently. We demonstrated that efficient rescue of the respiratory deficiency in UQ-deficient cells by UQ analogues is side chain length dependent, and that classical UQ analogues with alkyl side chains such as idebenone and decylUQ are inefficient in comparison with analogues with isoprenoid side chains. Furthermore, Vitamin K2, which has an isoprenoid side chain, and has been proposed to be a mitochondrial electron carrier, had no efficacy on UQ-deficient mouse cells. In our model with liver-specific loss of Mclk1, a large depletion of UQ in hepatocytes caused only a mild impairment of respiratory chain function and no gross abnormalities. In conjunction with previous findings, this surprisingly small effect of UQ depletion indicates a nonlinear dependence of mitochondrial respiratory capacity on UQ content. With this model, we also showed that diet-derived UQ10 is able to functionally rescue the electron transport deficit due to severe endogenous UQ deficiency in the liver, an organ capable of absorbing exogenous UQ.
@haidut @healthnatura @LifeGivingStore
- Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

LeeLemonoil said:
Lethalene Blue
:lol:

LeeLemonoil

Lots of interesting findings in that study. K2 not rescuing some specific chain functions confirmed

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals