Recommended ratios when supplementing K2 : Vit D : Calcium: Magnesium ??

ddjd

Hi all,

I know dairy, milk/cheese is recommended as best source of calcium, but due to some estrogenic reactions, i want to experiment with just supplementing pure calcium (ill probably use calcium carbonate)

I think its important to take magnesium, K2, vitamin D alongside so what ratios would you recommend for this combination?

- Magnesium Glycinate 360mg (3 x pure encapsulation magnesium glycinate capsules)

- Vitamin D 10,000 IU

- K2 MK7 90mcg - 180mcg? (FYI: i prefer this MK7 product to MK4)

- Calcium Cabonate (1000mg ???)

TIA

Last edited:

youngsinatra

Have you checked your vitamin D levels prior to this?
10‘000 IU of D3 seem excessive to me, except if you want to remedy a diagnosed deficiency as fast as possible.

Otherwise I would stay in the 4-6‘000 IU range and I would also recommend you to eat retinol-rich foods, because A and D work synergistically, but also antagonistic.
Too much D can deplete A.
Regular consumption of beef liver (like 6-8oz a week), a couple of eggs and butter a day will give you all the retinol you need.

I think 200-400mcg of K2-MK7 is best.

In terms of the magnesium to calcium ratio I don‘t have such a strong opinion on that.
I would go with feeling and stool constistency. Too much magnesium causes loose stools or diarrhea and makes me lethargic. Too little magnesium on the other hand can cause muscle tightness, spasms and maybe low-grade anxiety/nervousness.
I think you need to figure that out for yourself.
I feel pretty good with 2000mg calcium and 1000mg magnesium a day. (400mg of this from supplement)

AndrogenicJB

v
10‘000 IU of D3 seem excessive to me, except if you want to remedy a diagnosed deficiency as fast as possible.

Otherwise I would stay in the 4-6‘000 IU range and I would also recommend you to eat retinol-rich foods, because A and D work synergistically, but also antagonistic.
Regular consumption of beef liver (like 6-8oz a week), a couple of eggs and butter a day will give you all the retinol you need.

In terms of the magnesium to calcium ratio I don‘t have such a strong opinion on that.
I would go with feeling and stool constistency. Too much magnesium causes loose stools or diarrhea and makes me lethargic. Too little magnesium on the other hand can cause muscle tightness, spasms and maybe low-grade anxiety/nervousness.
I feel pretty good with 2000mg calcium and 1000mg magnesium a day. (400mg of this from supplement
vitamin d3 at that dosage is anabolic

shine

I feel pretty good with 2000mg calcium and 1000mg magnesium a day. (400mg of this from supplement)

What magnesium form are you using? Sunday natural brand?

PolishSun

How are you going to deal with digestion as calcium carbonate neutralizes the stomach acid?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

@youngsinatra @shine is this Sunday naturals brand only in Europe??

I'm currently using pure encapsulations magnesium glycinate but looking for something a little cheaper

shine

@youngsinatra @shine is this Sunday naturals brand only in Europe??

I'm currently using pure encapsulations magnesium glycinate but looking for something a little cheaper

It's a Germany based company. They ship world-wide but considering the shipping cost it is probably not worth it buying from them outside of EU.

youngsinatra

v

vitamin d3 at that dosage is anabolic
I did find some articles by Georgi and it seems like you are correct on that matter.
Vitamin D is in fact truely anti-catabolic, which makes it anabolic.

Vitamin D prevents cortisol-induced depression and…inflammation
Vitamin D is anti-catabolic / anabolic, protects liver from cortisol injury
Vitamin D can force cancer cells to differentiate back into normal

Even mainstream media stated that the upper limit on vitamin D is 10'000 IU/d.
I am just careful not to throw off balance other things, but I am sure you guys all do that with K2, magnesium, boron, retinol and so on.

RealNeat

Hi all,

I know dairy, milk/cheese is recommended as best source of calcium, but due to some estrogenic reactions, i want to experiment with just supplementing pure calcium (ill probably use calcium carbonate)

I think its important to take magnesium, K2, vitamin D alongside so what ratios would you recommend for this combination?

- Magnesium Glycinate 360mg (3 x pure encapsulation magnesium glycinate capsules)

- Vitamin D 10,000 IU

- K2 MK7 90mcg - 180mcg? (FYI: i prefer this MK7 product to MK4)

- Calcium Cabonate (1000mg ???)

TIA
I'd be weary of the quality of the calcium carbonate. Egg shells seem more wholesome. My only concern with eggshells are that the grocery store ones might have some sort of treatment, like mineral oil on them.

many of the magnesium glycinate powders I have found also contain heavy metal warnings including bulk supplements.

I don't have any good solution besides more salt and mineral water.