Constant psoriasis and eczema for 6 months

genesis

Since March this year I've been having facial psoriasis (just above the right side of my lip) and eczema on my armpits/thighs. The only thing that has worked so far is hydrocortisone, but obviously that's not the best idea (same vein as treating a broken bone with some painkillers and not a cast).

Every doctor I've been to has just said to put on various prescribed corticosteroids, but A. they don't work and the eczema/psoriasis always comes back (the facial psoriasis gets pretty severe without putting on hydrocortisone at least every 2 days) and B. I'm pretty uncomfortable with the amount of stress hormones I'm applying topically, and Cushing's syndrome does not sound fun to say the least.

My diet is pretty simple (oats, rice, OJ, fresh fruit if I can find it, beef, butter/coconut oil, dark chocolate, ice cream and honey), and my supplements are Vitamin E, Calcium Carbonate (gut doesn't handle dairy very well), Magnesium, Methylene Blue and Lugol's Iodide (just got Lugol's though, and haven't used it yet). I have a family history of eczema but it either cleared up for them when they reached adulthood or it's been pretty mild. I had some eczema beforehand but never this severe and always went away after a month maximum. I suspect it could be some sort of bacterial overgrowth or misbalance in my skin, but I'm not sure how to fix that.

JohnA

My lifelong eczema (knees and elbows) went away in a few days when I started avoiding lectins per the Plant Paradox diet. The only thing you'd have to remove from your list of foods would be oats and ice cream. The main things that were tripping me up were peanut butter, oats, and ice cream.

InChristAlone

My lifelong eczema (knees and elbows) went away in a few days when I started avoiding lectins per the Plant Paradox diet. The only thing you'd have to remove from your list of foods would be oats and ice cream. The main things that were tripping me up were peanut butter, oats, and ice cream.
Ice cream has lectins?

OP
G

genesis

Just googled it, so no grains, nightshades (potatoes/tomatoes) and non-milk dairy? Dairy seems strange because most people on this forum do alright with it, is there something that can counteract the lectins?

EvanHinkle

I ditched my dermatitis using lots of activated charcoal. I personally used two table spoons in 8oz of water after meals for about a week or two, then shifted to two tablespoons in 8oz before bed for another two weeks. This was close to a year ago now.

It blocks the TLR4 receptor involved in endotoxin expression, and should eliminate any symptoms of endotoxin, (my belief is that all skin issues are endotoxin related).

This obviously won’t “cure” you however. After eliminating the symptom of “skin issue” I then had to figure out why I had excess endotoxin. For me I focused on liver and gut health, (endotoxin can’t circulate if they’re contained in the gut, ergo, I had leaky gut).

I have a bunch of posts about this, and some other people have tried charcoal for skin stuff with success.

Best of luck to you!

JohnA

Just googled it, so no grains, nightshades (potatoes/tomatoes) and non-milk dairy? Dairy seems strange because most people on this forum do alright with it, is there something that can counteract the lectins?
Yea, it's not as limiting as it sounds. I still get 50% of my calories from carbs by just focusing on sweet potatoes, white rice, pressure-cooked beans, millet, fruits, and honey.

Dairy doesn't work for everyone. I've tried to make it work for me for decades, but my eczema is better when I remove liquid milk and ice cream. I use calcium carbonate, get lots of the fat-soluble vitamins from other parts of my diet and supplements, and eat 3500-4000 calories daily, so I think I'm checking most of the boxes that dairy helps with.

They sell lectin-blocking supplements, but I'd just try the diet for a week first.

L_C

I ditched my dermatitis using lots of activated charcoal. I personally used two table spoons in 8oz of water after meals for about a week or two, then shifted to two tablespoons in 8oz before bed for another two weeks. This was close to a year ago now.

It blocks the TLR4 receptor involved in endotoxin expression, and should eliminate any symptoms of endotoxin, (my belief is that all skin issues are endotoxin related).

This obviously won’t “cure” you however. After eliminating the symptom of “skin issue” I then had to figure out why I had excess endotoxin. For me I focused on liver and gut health, (endotoxin can’t circulate if they’re contained in the gut, ergo, I had leaky gut).

I have a bunch of posts about this, and some other people have tried charcoal for skin stuff with success.

Best of luck to you!
Why did you have excess endotoxin? What was causing the excess? ...and how did you cure it besides charcoal?

EvanHinkle

Why did you have excess endotoxin? What was causing the excess? ...and how did you cure it besides charcoal?
I grew up on pufa and was ice cold during winters as a child. I know I had next to no thyroid function now that I’ve gained some. I can’t say any one thing contributed to my having so much endotoxin, but between an indigestible diet for 30 years, (that included a ten year stop-over in vegetarian/veganism) and a terribly stressful lifestyle, (endurance sports from a young age) I know how I damaged my gut. A damaged gut is going to leak endotoxin into the bloodstream affecting the liver’s ability to do its job.

After essentially mainlining charcoal, I fixed my gut and started working on my liver. Me personally, I used a milk based diet, bone broth, homemade jello, glycine, and anti-histamines to lower serotonin. I also used hot water between meals, and occasionally supplemented ox bile. For my liver I used @haidut’s vitamin k protocol. I personally used 30mg daily and saw a massive improvement in skin, teeth, glycogen storage, and caffeine tolerance in about three days. I also like a weekly coffee enema.

I’ve experienced great health once before, (about ten years ago) from 5 days of fasting. It really seems to simply heal the inflammation of the entire alimentary canal, but I didn’t know about Peat’s work at the time and never checked temps or pulse after the fast. I also came out of the fasting with a vegan diet, so… who knows. Sometimes I wonder if fasting could be effective if perhaps followed up with a more pro-metabolic approach, but I feel well enough that I’m not particularly tempted to experiment.

L_C

I grew up on pufa and was ice cold during winters as a child. I know I had next to no thyroid function now that I’ve gained some. I can’t say any one thing contributed to my having so much endotoxin, but between an indigestible diet for 30 years, (that included a ten year stop-over in vegetarian/veganism) and a terribly stressful lifestyle, (endurance sports from a young age) I know how I damaged my gut. A damaged gut is going to leak endotoxin into the bloodstream affecting the liver’s ability to do its job.

After essentially mainlining charcoal, I fixed my gut and started working on my liver. Me personally, I used a milk based diet, bone broth, homemade jello, glycine, and anti-histamines to lower serotonin. I also used hot water between meals, and occasionally supplemented ox bile. For my liver I used @haidut’s vitamin k protocol. I personally used 30mg daily and saw a massive improvement in skin, teeth, glycogen storage, and caffeine tolerance in about three days. I also like a weekly coffee enema.

I’ve experienced great health once before, (about ten years ago) from 5 days of fasting. It really seems to simply heal the inflammation of the entire alimentary canal, but I didn’t know about Peat’s work at the time and never checked temps or pulse after the fast. I also came out of the fasting with a vegan diet, so… who knows. Sometimes I wonder if fasting could be effective if perhaps followed up with a more pro-metabolic approach, but I feel well enough that I’m not particularly tempted to experiment.
Thank you!

OP
G

genesis

Best of luck to you!
Would something like wormwood/other antibiotics work too?

EvanHinkle

Would something like wormwood/other antibiotics work too?
I couldn’t say for sure because I never had a ton of success with antibiotics personally, but theoretically those substances would kill the bacteria responsible for some of the excess endotoxin. It should be noted that dead bacteria also gives off endotoxin though, so it’s important to remember to sweep those dead bodies out with a strategy after the kill.

TheSir

Try stopping all supplementation for a while. I'm currently suffering from a new emergence of eczema and investigating microcrystalline cellulose as the cause, my intake of which has increased recently. It's in almost every supplement these days.

InChristAlone

Try stopping all supplementation for a while. I'm currently suffering from a new emergence of eczema and investigating microcrystalline cellulose as the cause, my intake of which has increased recently. It's in almost every supplement these days.
Were you taking vitamin A out of curiosity?

InChristAlone

Something like 300 mcg of retinol for a week or two, as well as about a pound of carrots a day. The eczema began worsening a little earlier I think.
Yeah the danger of too much beta carotene!!

TheSir

Yeah the danger of too much beta carotene!!
Interestingly with the addition of cooked vegetables no amount of carrots will turn my skin orange. In the past just few a day would produce that carotene tan. Not sure why.

RealNeat

I know you want to avoid supps, but turpentine doesnt have any fillers and you may need assistance "pushing out" the MCC, it amy help topically.

View: https://www.bitchute.com/video/tMBv49JK1HyK/

InChristAlone

Interestingly with the addition of cooked vegetables no amount of carrots will turn my skin orange. In the past just few a day would produce that carotene tan. Not sure why.
Could mean you now turn it into retinol easily. Which could also mean your liver is overloaded with it and some is coming out thru the skin as skin peeling and inflammation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals