Charcoal with a Meal

AinmAnseo

I have read on this forum that it seems to be ok to take charcoal with a meal, as:
"Activated charcoal seems to remove synthetic, artificial or toxic substances from the digestive tract but not rob our bodies of vital food nutrients, minerals, etc. Activated charcoal fed to sheep as a level of 5% of the total diet did not affect the blood or urinary levels of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, etc., compared to sheep not given the charcoal."

The post is here, but no one seemed to comment on it.

I wonder, is it therefore ok to take charcoal with a meal?

Mister

"Activated charcoal seems to remove synthetic, artificial or toxic substances"

Does it also remove micro plastics?

Osukhan

Ive always been under the impression that taking act charcoal with a meal is more a negative, its a binder and can bind to the good and bad be it bacteria, vitamins, nutrients, meds, supplements.

i would use activated charcoal during maybe a sauna session

currently using Silverfernbrand binder - Daily Gut Detox Immunoglobulin
which is similar to something like colostrum

also taking a sunfiber supplement as well

proteome

Forum Supporter
I recall thinking the same thing when I read about the animal model studies on raypeat.com.

In those, the experimental group was fed a diet mixed with activated charcoal.

However, it was not for every week, even for the experimental group.

I wonder if, in the studies you cited, it 5% was for every meal, though, or even every week or day. It may be that some of the meals’ nutrition was sacrificed for the charcoal additive, and absorption of a greater than RDA supply from the other meals made up for the lack.

Also, consider the difference in diet and digestion between ruminants and omnivores.

At least for the minerals you mentioned, a diet of grass will go well beyond the daily needs of the sheep, I suspect.

I’d want to see the study done:

On omnivores
With a control group alternating charcoal supplementation on meals, days, weeks, or months
On more complex vitamins provided to both control and experimental groups at closer to RDAs or IDAs.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals