Can Vitamin A Help Me ?

Frankdee20

Cannot say I notice Vitamin A related issues, I eat decent amount of Liver maybe 1 or 2 times a month. It has so much Copper though. I am wondering if supplementing A can theoretically convert my high Lipids into steroids like Testosterone ? Would adding Pregnenalone spare the high Cholesterol as well for that conversion ? I take Vitamin D (LEVELS WERE LOW 3 WEEKS AGO). I also smoke though, and the Vitamin A might cause Cancer in smokers.

Mossy

I can say that I have attempted to add vitamin A via supplement (palmitate) and feel horrible on it: anxious, insomnia, hurting joints, and dryness. I may try Haidut's vitamin A in the future, to see if the brand was the problem. I too have low vitamin D, and was taking the vit. A with the vit. D, as I understood it may be needed. Sometimes I can feel a little off when eating liver, but nothing like supplementing with vit. A.

Stilgar

Pretty sure it’s beta carotene supplements that were linked to cancer in smokers, not Vitamin A.

tankasnowgod

Pretty sure it’s beta carotene supplements that were linked to cancer in smokers, not Vitamin A.

True, in the CARET trial. If you look up Ray's quotes on Vitamin A in general, he says it should be tailored to thyroid function, and if you are hypothyroid, about 5,000 to 10,000 iu a day being enough. More than that can potentially slow down thyroid function. At the same time, he says that Beta Carotene blocks the action of both Vitamin A and Thyroid. If you look up Beta Carotene, it's a highly unsaturated molecule, with 10 double bonds.

postman

I can say that I have attempted to add vitamin A via supplement (palmitate) and feel horrible on it: anxious, insomnia, hurting joints, and dryness. I may try Haidut's vitamin A in the future, to see if the brand was the problem. I too have low vitamin D, and was taking the vit. A with the vit. D, as I understood it may be needed. Sometimes I can feel a little off when eating liver, but nothing like supplementing with vit. A.
Don't waste your money, I felt exactly like that from Haiduts vitamin A supplement. I do feel the same from eating liver although it's a bit more delayed.

Mossy

Don't waste your money, I felt exactly like that from Haiduts vitamin A supplement. I do feel the same from eating liver although it's a bit more delayed.
Thank you for sharing—that helps.

burtlancast

he says that Beta Carotene blocks the action of both Vitamin A and Thyroid. If you look up Beta Carotene, it's a highly unsaturated molecule, with 10 double bonds.

Young Peat went on a carrot juice binge and realized after a few months it was affecting the transport of thyroid hormone.

So he now advises to wash the daily raw carrots so to avoid as much as possible ingesting any carotene.

Carotene is excess is harmful, therefore ALL carotene is harmful.

Makes sense ?

If carotene is so dangerous, why do all the Gerson cancer patients get better after drinking tons of carrot juice over the years ?

Why do i feel like a million bucks the day after drinking my 2 glasses of home made carrot juice ?

postman

Young Peat went on a carrot juice binge and realized after a few months it was affecting the transport of thyroid hormone.

So he now advises to wash the daily raw carrots so to avoid as much as possible ingesting any carotene.

Carotene is excess is harmful, therefore ALL carotene is harmful.

Makes sense ?

If carotene is so dangerous, why do all the Gerson cancer patients get better after drinking tons of carrot juice over the years ?

Why do i feel like a million bucks the day after drinking my 2 glasses of home made carrot juice ?
I bet you would feel just as good if you juiced white carrots. Fresh carrot juice makes me feel great in all sorts of ways, then it makes my vision blurry and I feel tired and weak. I think it makes you feel good despite the carotenoids, not because of them.

By the way, retinoic acid can be used as chemotherapy, along with a whole bunch of other poisons.

burtlancast

somuch4food

Cannot say I notice Vitamin A related issues, I eat decent amount of Liver maybe 1 or 2 times a month. It has so much Copper though. I am wondering if supplementing A can theoretically convert my high Lipids into steroids like Testosterone ? Would adding Pregnenalone spare the high Cholesterol as well for that conversion ? I take Vitamin D (LEVELS WERE LOW 3 WEEKS AGO). I also smoke though, and the Vitamin A might cause Cancer in smokers.

Continue infrequent liver if you wish. Food will always trump supplements imo. I wouldn't worry about high copper with such infrequent doses. I think most problems arise from chronic overdosing whether minerals or vitamins. Infrequent high doses are safer since they do not put a continual stress on the body.

If you're worried about high lipids/cholesterol, you might be interested in @Blossom's story. Her cholesterol levels dropped by going low A/carotenoids. I don't know if it would apply to you. Vitamin A requirements and toxicity threshold seem to vary greatly between individuals.

What's the rest of your diet like?

japanesedude

same here. It seems like I can only tolerate 5000IU palmitate per day without any problem but If I take more than 10000IU,I always get side effects.(shortness of breathe,brainfog,jointspain,irritability)
I wonder how will I react to acetate.

Dave Clark

Is there any consensus here that the acetate form is better than the palmitate form? If so, can someone explain why, in short?

Vinero

I always noticed my asthma became worse when supplementing Estroban (which has vitamin A, D, E, K). I could never take it more than 3 days in a row because my asthma became to bad to tolerate. Vitamin E and K might be good but the A and D ruin everything.

postman

I always noticed my asthma became worse when supplementing Estroban (which has vitamin A, D, E, K). I could never take it more than 3 days in a row because my asthma became to bad to tolerate. Vitamin E and K might be good but the A and D ruin everything.
I agree, E and K seems helpful and A and D cause problems. Vitamin A being the single most inflammatory thing I can eat, worse than even drinking straight PUFA oil.

Vinero

I agree, E and K seems helpful and A and D cause problems. Vitamin A being the single most inflammatory thing I can eat, worse than even drinking straight PUFA oil.
Indeed. You can avoid PUFA for 10 years straight, yet suffer from horrible auto-immune diseases. PUFA may slow metabolism by being anti-thyroid, but that might not be as bad as being a toxin that directly causes bodily tissues to be dissolved (retinoic acid).

Astolfo

Why there is so many negative post about vitamin a? I have always eat low vitamin a diet whole my life and now, carrot seems like one of the only thing that actually does something beneficial to my pssd. I plan to trying dermal liquid vit A on my wrists but all the posts i seen about the danger of vitamin a has scared me. So, both beta-caroten and VA is bad? I thought whole carrot contains beta-caroten, does washing them reduce its caroten content?

somuch4food

Why there is so many negative post about vitamin a? I have always eat low vitamin a diet whole my life and now, carrot seems like one of the only thing that actually does something beneficial to my pssd. I plan to trying dermal liquid vit A on my wrists but all the posts i seen about the danger of vitamin a has scared me. So, both beta-caroten and VA is bad? I thought whole carrot contains beta-caroten, does washing them reduce its caroten content?

Don't be scared, but don't go overboard. The poison is in the dose.

JKX

It requires to be balanced by thyroid, thats all. In general, foods containing vit A or mixed carotenes would always be my personal preference. Supplements will always have the potential for allergic reactions and subsequent increase of serotonin. But if you supplement and notice only benefits, I would see no reason to stop.

Topical would be the route I'd choose if I was going to supplement. It avoids the digestive tract and reduces the potential for allergic reaction.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I use 25k IU about 2-3 times per week and have not noticed anything bad

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals